Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues with Contols

Expletive

I find that the controls can be a bit sluggish, and don't always feel that great. Wallrunning especially could use some work, but I'll take my time to list out a handful my issues with the game's controls

1) Melee and fire rate mods don't work well together. I'm not saying fire rate mods are bad, I'm saying that fire rate mods on melee are broken, because of the controls. It requires robot-like precision to hit the E key with the correct timing , so it's no surprise how many have flocked to 3rd party macro programs like Auto-hotkey just to get the attack speed you should have in the first place.

2) The game doesn't handle high speed input very well. For example, if you're sprinting and hit CTRL+E at the same time, you will sometimes do a slide-melee and other times you'll do a dodgeroll. This happens especially when you try to quickly slide melee in succession.

3) Wallrunning doesn't flow as well as it should. This is largely because of how you actually have to run at an angle towards the wall to even jump onto the wall. If for example, you run or jump parallel to a surface, you won't attach to it at all. This is especially noticeable in the Grineer room with 8 pipes arranged in rows of fours. While it is possible to jump between the pipes, walljump off one side and over to the other walkway, it's overly difficult for something that aught to be a simple method of transportation, especially if your desire is for 'advanced players to not even touch the ground' . If I were to make a comparison to Mirror's Edge, the various maneuvering options were individually easy, but when running at top speed, trying deal with police shooting at you, all the while looking for the right box to use as a vault to get over the barbed wire fence obstructing your path, it started becoming challenging and fun.

tl;dr The game doesn't work well with autohotkey and the wallrunning should be more responsive like mirror's edge.

Edit:

4) Rolling. Particularly the kind that happens when you land from a long jump. Alot of time, you can roll when trying to make a tricky jump and going right off the platform. This is annoying as hell. My suggestion: Only roll when hitting the ground if you hold down shift.

Edited by Expletive