Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Tactical Gameplay? Too Much Run And Gun Spam!

Deepsixeden

I'm not sure cover could be implemented in this game anymore. It seems too late. However, I still agree strongly that DE needs to figure out how to add more strategy in this game. Defense does not count because most teams require the same cookie cutter team: Frost, Vauban, Nova... and the 4th can be anything from a small selection of these frames: Nyx, Banshee, and Rhino. The most common duo in any defense is Vauban and Frost. Hell, you only need a good Vauban who can keep up Bastille for infested defense. The strategy is too easy, repetitive, and boring.

I am not totally against running and gunning. As a matter of fact, my play-style are fast frames, such as Loki or Nova who run around shooting and evading, but this kind of fun only lasts so long. I need to run into challenging and interesting enemies while I am running and gunning, and by running I mean maneuvering... dodging...  There should be enemies similar to Vor who are normal spawns. So far the means to killing heavier enemies is just more firepower.

Perhaps even mini bosses could be implemented where certain linear mission types have rooms that cannot be opened until you defeat a mini boss who is surrounded by his/ her men. Mega-Man style. And it could be random... or even a rare occurrence similar to the stalker.

Missions need more interesting objectives, and challenges. So far all the mission types that aren't defense or mobile defense require you to pretty much do the same thing. Sure you have different chores, but you run and gun just the same. It feels... too similar.

Edited by TrevV

You know what? There can be this cover system... As long, as DE won't balance the game aroud it, and as long, as it'll be activated with button. You can hide, bt I'll just jump out with my Fragor and get sh*t done.

But I can already see those posts like "WTF DE!!!!11 This game is so easy!!!!111 Make enemies stronger, so we will have someone to hide from!!!1111" or chat spammed with "Take the cover you f*ck! You're stealing my kills &#!*ole! Don't use meele! Just hide and shoot you c*nt!"

You know what? There can be this cover system... As long, as DE won't balance the game aroud it, and as long, as it'll be activated with button. You can hide, bt I'll just jump out with my Fragor and get sh*t done.

But I can already see those posts like "WTF DE!!!!11 This game is so easy!!!!111 Make enemies stronger, so we will have someone to hide from!!!1111" or chat spammed with "Take the cover you f*ck! You're stealing my kills &#!*ole! Don't use meele! Just hide and shoot you c*nt!"

I wish the game had sticky cover with everything else as is.

Irritates me to no end to be what looks like around a corner, and still getting shot.  Not to mention the lack of transparency on our frames where our own bodies block our vision entirely.

DE needs to pick:

EITHER

1) Shoddy AI with perfect accuracy and a lazy exponentially scaling damage formula as enemies gain levels

OR

2) Enemies that deal a small enough amount of damage to allow a fluid run-and-gun playstyle. The trick is, of course, that if DE wants difficulty to increase, they won't be able to rely on a 90s-style exponentially scaling formula

If 1, then a cover mechanic makes sense. If 2, then there doesn't need to be one.

Currently, with exponential stat scaling, players need to find a way to stop the enemies from dealing damage, which means either taking cover or disabling the enemy. This is why Frost + Vauban is the most common combination.

DE, you can't rely on lazy scaling formulas copy-pasted from a game made 1995 and make your game a fun run-and-gun-only shooter at the same time. On livestreams, we've heard it said that you don't want cover in Warframe -- so stop balancing your game such that cover is required.

DE needs to pick:

EITHER

1) Shoddy AI with perfect accuracy and a lazy exponentially scaling damage formula as enemies gain levels

OR

2) Enemies that deal a small enough amount of damage to allow a fluid run-and-gun playstyle. The trick is, of course, that if DE wants difficulty to increase, they won't be able to rely on a 90s-style exponentially scaling formula

If 1, then a cover mechanic makes sense. If 2, then there doesn't need to be one.

Currently, with exponential stat scaling, players need to find a way to stop the enemies from dealing damage, which means either taking cover or disabling the enemy. This is why Frost + Vauban is the most common combination.

DE, you can't rely on lazy scaling formulas copy-pasted from a game made 1995 and make your game a fun run-and-gun-only shooter at the same time. On livestreams, we've heard it said that you don't want cover in Warframe -- so stop balancing your game such that cover is required.

Not sure what just happened with my post...anyway lets try again...

+1 to this. Enemies are hyper accurate where cover is required, even running full speed as a Loki they will still never miss you.

DE needs to pick:

EITHER

OR

While I'm also against the difficulty-by-making-enemies-bullet-sponges difficulty, there IS cover in the game, it's quite plentiful in fact, there doesn't need to be a cover FEATURE for you to make use of cover when you need it.

@The guy above me

You are also super accurate. If you shoot at an enemy with a hitscan weapon, even if they're moving quickly, you'll hit them, they just get the same kind of weapons. Hence why most people have an easy time dodging Corpus. Bullet travel time.

Edited by Gregio

While I'm also against the difficulty-by-making-enemies-bullet-sponges difficulty, there IS cover in the game, it's quite plentiful in fact, there doesn't need to be a cover FEATURE for you to make use of cover when you need it.

@The guy above me

You are also super accurate. If you shoot at an enemy with a hitscan weapon, even if they're moving quickly, you'll hit them, they just get the same kind of weapons. Hence why most people have an easy time dodging Corpus. Bullet travel time.

True, but if the game is going to require players to take cover most of the time, there should be some mechanic that facilitates this (not necessarily sticky cover).