The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Need Help.. Excalibur Or Rhino?

idiosyncratic

Question

12 answers to this question

Rhino hands down now after the rework. Has better base stats, a huge range AoE killer, extra shields, and a bonus damage ability  that helps you and your team.

Excal falls off late game due to focusing on damage, Slash dash being his only true good skill. Radial although useful their are a lot better CC's.

Edited by dadgoat

I use rhino for Soloing bosses and for all around mission's except when defense,then switch to Vau.

With rhino you have anything,survivability,Damage,supporting,etc..

If you can get the new helmet he isn't that slow,seriusly one of Da best frames.

Rhino can do well threw out the whole game, he scales well with his bonus damage and tankyness.

Other good frames for later levels are: Frost, Vaub, Nova(for farming/clearing speed), Nyx, and Banshee.

Also glad to help if you have any other questions, you could message me in game, or if your in need of a clan I could help you out with that.

Edited by dadgoat

I use rhino for Soloing bosses and for all around mission's except when defense,then switch to Vau.

With rhino you have anything,survivability,Damage,supporting,etc..

If you can get the new helmet he isn't that slow,seriusly one of Da best frames.

Rhino can do well threw out the whole game, he scales well with his bonus damage and tankyness.

i'd just like to say, thanks so much for the advice, the community here is excellent, thank you :)

Rhino.
Rhino Charge stuns everyone who won't die.
Iron Skin... Do I have to explain, why is that superior to the Super Jump?

Rhino Roar makes you and your teammates kill enemies faster. Radial Blind makes your enemies kill you and your enemies slower.
Rhino Stomp puts enemies into stasis, so you can shoot them like ducks. Those who will survive. Radial Javelin only deals damage.

Cal is nice when in team with Mag, since Bullet Attractor affects Javelins.

If somebody will ask me, I'd say, that Rhino is an upgraded Cal. Heavier, bulkier, and turned into the living mass of destruction. Especially with high-damage meele. IS + Roar + Fragor = Berserk Mode.

Rhino.

Rhino Charge stuns everyone who won't die.

Iron Skin... Do I have to explain, why is that superior to the Super Jump?

Rhino Roar makes you and your teammates kill enemies faster. Radial Blind makes your enemies kill you and your enemies slower.

Rhino Stomp puts enemies into stasis, so you can shoot them like ducks. Those who will survive. Radial Javelin only deals damage.

Cal is nice when in team with Mag, since Bullet Attractor affects Javelins.

If somebody will ask me, I'd say, that Rhino is an upgraded Cal. Heavier, bulkier, and turned into the living mass of destruction. Especially with high-damage meele. IS + Roar + Fragor = Berserk Mode.

thanks for the in-depth reply :) ill take that into consideration

sorry im new, only started today :S

First off, welcome to warframe! :D

Secondly, be advised, Rhino is, last I checked, the only frame to be mastery locked, and only becomes available at mastery rank 2. That shouldn't be too hard to get to, just know you can't build and use rhino right away. Mastery is the little bar at the top-left of the screen next to your avatar. You increase that by leveling up new weapons and frames. 

Furthermore, if you didn't pick excalibur as your starting frame, I believe the parts drop from ambulas, the pluto boss (rhino parts drop from Jackal, I think on venus, the second planet). By the time you get to ambulas though, you'll almost definitely be mastery level 2 at least. The alternate method of getting him if you didn't pick him as starter is to purchase the founder's pack that gives you excal prime, if you don't mind spending money to support the game. 

Edited by Meenmu