The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making A Nova, What Weapons/mods Should I Use?

mochili96

Question

11 answers to this question

For Nova, use caster Mods (Flow, Focus, Stretch, Streamline, Constitution & Continuity (both help if you plan on using the surrounding orbs))

For Weapons, use what ever pleases and does at least high single target dmg. Casting 4, then 1, then shooting one target will most likely blow up the rest of the crowd :)

Make sure you max all your mods, by the way you don't need continuity because you don't need your stuff to last because as soon as you 4 a group you shoot them and they blow try to get a redirection because she begins kinda squishy so get your redirection up as well. I can tell you from experience with stretch maxed I can cast 4 standing on the ramp near the pod and get as far as the original door you come in and the other large entrance near the ramp.

So I recently got all the nova parts pretty easily and she's being built right now but i have no idea kinda weapons or mods she uses, I'm mainly just looking foward to using the uber and blowing everything up...hehehe

Get caster mods but without duration ones since you won't really need em => Focus, Streamline, Stretch, Flow. You'll also want redirection since nova is really squishy, it's prolly best that you use Shade sentinel with nova, it will allow you to better position yourself for a nice MP (4) and also as a nice save when in danger.

For weapons, use whatever you want..... in this game, weapons are pretty much totally independent from frames

Make sure you max all your mods, by the way you don't need continuity because you don't need your stuff to last because as soon as you 4 a group you shoot them and they blow try to get a redirection because she begins kinda squishy so get your redirection up as well. I can tell you from experience with stretch maxed I can cast 4 standing on the ramp near the pod and get as far as the original door you come in and the other large entrance near the ramp.

Read. Cont and Const increase the number of Orbs that surround you (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_(Abilities)_Tab)

And Nova is viable in not-defenses too, gosh.

Null Star Energy: 25Energy_small.png Hotkey: 1

100px-Null_Star.png Creates anti-matter particles that orbits Nova and seek nearby targets to collide with.

Notes:

•  
  • Cost to equip of 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.
  •  
  • Spawns 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 particles when activated.
  • Null Star is affected by Power Range (Stretch), increasing the range at which it will seek out enemies.
  • Null Star is affected by Power Strength (Focus)
  • Null Star is affected by Power Duration (Constitution and Continuity)
    •  
    • Rank 5 Continuity (+30%) will increase the number of particles spawned by 1.
    •  
    • Rank 3 Constitution (+28%) will increase the number of particles spawned by 1.
    •  
    • When both Rank 5 Continuity and Rank 3 Constitution are equipped, the number of particles spawned is increased by 3.
      •  
      • Note: The above ranks are not the minimum rank needed to increase the number of particles spawned.
      •  
    •  
  • Particles do not vanish, they last until used.
  • Null Star cannot be recast until all motes have been used
  • Each particle deals 200 damage at max rank.
    •  
    • Appears to be Serrated Blade damage: ignores armor of enemies and deals 3x damage to Infested Walkers and 1.5x damage to Infested Crawlers.
    •  
  • Particles orbit for one second minimum before seeking a target.
  • Particles will only fire one-at-a-time. i.e. multiple particles will not fire at the same time despite the number of enemies nearby.
  • Cannot be knocked down while casting Null Star.
  • Stagger on every hit.
  • You can also score headshot with these particles
Edited by Chronodroid

Read. Cont and Const increase the number of Orbs that surround you (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_(Abilities)_Tab)

And Nova is viable in not-defenses too, gosh.

All true, but meaningless.... the skill 1... while "theoretically good damage" it's a terribad skill.... and that's the only one that benefits from continuity. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, the fact that you need to be in range for the orbs to work it's already a horrible feat and the range sucks... they also have bad dps because they launch one by one (they are also pretty weak as single orb).

No reason to waste a slot on that skill imho, and also... you can do a far more efficient job using your weapon instead, no reason to EVER use that skill.

All true, but meaningless.... the skill 1... while "theoretically good damage" it's a terribad skill.... and that's the only one that benefits from continuity. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, the fact that you need to be in range for the orbs to work it's already a horrible feat and the range sucks... they also have bad dps because they launch one by one (they are also pretty weak as single orb).

No reason to waste a slot on that skill imho, and also... you can do a far more efficient job using your weapon instead, no reason to EVER use that skill.

DPS DPS.. 

it's not everything one may seek.

It's a free stagger ~ every second. It kills rollers easy, it's very cost efficient, more skilled players can use it to evade knockdowns. It kills on run-by, far more efficient than stop running, shoot, run again :)

Sure you're entitled to do what ever you like, my Nova runs this and satisfies :)

Edited by Chronodroid

The Flux Rifle works very well when combined with Antimatter Drop.  You fire Antimatter Drop and then immediately "charge" it up by shooting it with the Flux Rifle.  The rifle's high DPS and pinpoint accuracy works very well.  Then just steer it at the enemies and BOOM!

This probably also works with the Spectra.  Also, Antimatter Drop is a little glitchy off host, so just be aware.

My NOVA build : 

- Energy siphon AURA maxed  (gives more mod capacity due to aura polarity slot and is useful anyways)

- Wormhole rank 3 (if you use it, max it, else don't)

- Molecular prime max 

- Focus maxed (more powah)

- Stretch maxed (to prime everything in sight)

- Flow maxed (more energy = more prime)

- Redirection max (more shileds for the somewhat squishy nova)

- Fast deflection maxed

- Vitality 5 or 6 (I forgot) 

NO, I don't have any other powers equipped coz frankly, they're not that great. As for weapons, use whatever, wont matter. 

DPS DPS.. 

it's not everything one may seek.

It's a free stagger ~ every second. It kills rollers easy, it's very cost efficient, more skilled players can use it to evade knockdowns. It kills on run-by, far more efficient than stop running, shoot, run again :)

Sure you're entitled to do what ever you like, my Nova runs this and satisfies :)

Since when you need to stop running to shoot? Just slide like a baws and go there guns blazing and raping stuff

If there are many enemies, MP and bai bai.... ez =D

Others have explained it better than I could. Personally, I prefer taking Redirection to Constitution. Null Star is fun, but I pretty much only ever use it as a gimmick to kill Rollers and Ospreys.

I've spent a lot of time playing Frost, meaning I've been infected by the Snowglobe Disease. I'm doomed to always assuming I'm in a globe regardless of my surroundings, constantly being surprised when I take damage.