Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vanguard the delirious

kickinit2333

Health: 50  (200 at rank 30)

Shields: 450 (1,800 at rank 30)

Armor: 150

Sprint speed: 1.1

Lore:

Be warned Tenno, Vanguard's unstable nature makes him a unpredictable and dangerous ally. Years of running from his nightmares has caused his mind and body to split, causing him to revel in misery and pain. Being a creature of selfish desire to survive Vanguard is a master of avoiding death, even causing his allies to suffer in order to aid his survival. His body may be frail but his mind is sharp. 

Reason for creation:

I have always wanted a frame that was almost specifically designed for solo play and sheer survivability but not unfair tankiness (being he is good at surviving waves of foot soldiers but can still die from bosses). He is able to play with a team but he is like that one friend you invite just to be nice as he does not play well with others except for in survival mode (besides his ultimate). He is also is designed so you have to use his powers to keep him alive.

Abilities:

He as a semi tank warframe has three passive abilities and one debuff they are as follows

-Feign death: Being a being who is solely focused on survival Vanguard knows that sometimes if you are to pretend to be dead less intelligent enemies leave you alone, allowing you to heal yourself. Upon taking lethal damage there is a 10 percent chance that he will go into a fake bleedout stage in which enemies will perceive him as dead, only to rise again after 10s with 1/3 health restored. 

Masochism: Having spent years in constant misery Vanguard has learned how to channel that pain into power. When inflicted with any status effect besides slash he gains a significant armor and damage boost for the duration of the effect while continuing to receive damage for the duration of the effect. Aka he still receives the damage

Rebreather: Being a survivalist at his core, Vanguard is never without items to help him survive, one of which is his rebreather. Life support drains 5% slower on survival missions and is unaffected by reinforced windows breaking. 

Panic: Having faced death many times Vanguard fears bleeding out. When slash effect is proced lose a percentage of armor and damage output for duration of the effect.

Powers:

Void step

Spoiler

Allows Vanguard to become invisible and incorporeal as long as the ability is active. It makes him able to pass through enemies imparting them with a bit of his madness, causing them to attack their allies for 5/10/15 sec, and restores 15/25/30 health. Drains 5 energy a second. And can pass through allies for health (except for Oberon due to his "holyness")

Augment mods:

Mind bomb: When duration of possession is over or when enemy is killed, it creates a small explosion 1/3/5 meters  

Infectious mania: When passing through an enemy create a wave that infects others nearby. 

Impacted by strength mods

Body shield:

Spoiler

Vanguard fuses his hand into a target enemy and uses them to shield damage taken to him until effect ends of enemy is dead, op. Last 5/15/20 seconds and takes 40 energy. And leaches 10 health per second

Augment mods:

Tear: Vanguard re-solidifies his hand and pulls it out of the enemy causing massive damage and procting slash. If enemy is below 1/3 health it auto kills them, and restores 50/75/100 health.

Impacted by strength and duration mods

Grenade Satchel:

Spoiler

Being a survivalist Vanguard never goes anywhere without his trusty supply of grenades. All have a fuse of 5 seconds. He often caries flash bangs (stuns and opens for finishers). Shrapnel (deals slash damages and small blast damage), plasma (deals heat damage), and cryo grenades (sprays the area with a cryogenic liquid freezing anyone in the immediate area and laying down a frozen patch that slows enemies down) I admittedly have no clue how much damage would be fair so feel free to give input.

Augment:

Sticky grenades: Alloys grenades to stick to enemies and objects before detonating.

Bubble shield:

Spoiler

Vanguard deploys a portable shield generator shielding himself and all alles in a 5 meter radius. Shield absorbs 100/150/200 damage. Shield however does not protect against auras or cloud effects. All projectiles that pass through receive minor magnetic damage similar to Volts shield.

Augment: 

Implosion: once shield reaches 0 health it detonates outwards damaging and knocking down enemies.

Appearance:

wqyzvhcIyLOdxp0nEc_-EJr4GjckHRuLt_BSYTTL

I would like for him to have as scarf and hood but I couldn't draw that, Also yes that is a grineer mask as a shoulder guard. Also the text on the guard says "MERCY". Those lines on the armor are meant to be scratches. I chose an overall low scifi look for him as the primitive nature seems to fit in with his disturbed survivalist build.

Edited by kickinit2333
Polishing

Really like the ‘Rebreather’ passive ability, very unique and very interesting. However, the others seem a little messy. Does ‘Masochism’ grant him immunity to the proc while he has the armour buff from it? If so that is extremely OP (if not, i misunderstood the phrasing, my bad). ‘Feign Death’ is also a really nice passive, but I’d recommend reducing the timer on it, 30s is an incredibly long time to be doing nothing after all.

I think most of the abilities are good, but the stats on then could really use some work. For example, ‘Body shield’ lasting 2 minutes? That seems incredibly broken, especially since with duration mods, this could last up to 5 minutes of just removing an enemy from combat, I’d suggest a maximum of 25s.

’Void Step’ is an interesting ability, but it’s very rare that a warframe has such an expensive ability as their first, I’d suggest having it as his 2nd or 3rd ability, and definitely reduce the stats on it. 80s confusion in an efficiency based ability is way too much.

‘Grenade satchel’ seems like a great ability, no issues there, well done.

’Leach’ could really use some work, I don’t think a warframe should have the ability to remove allies’ health and grant it upon himself, that just seems like a troll ability and would not work well. 

Great job on the theme though, if you iron out some of the creases I think this has the potential to be a great frame. I hope this feedback helps.

(p.s. The image you provided is not working)

Okay thank you for the advice. I kind of meant for leach to be a little trolly as I want him to be a solo frame but I get what you are saying if you can think of a better way to implement it please let me know. And I will try to iron it out. If the cost and stats were  reduced would voidstep be better or should I reduce the stats of body shield and make that the first ability 

Edited by kickinit2333