Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Lure issues (getting stuck & in the way)

IceFire909

So one of the latest updates said it was making Eidolon lures teleport if they fall too far behind. I've yet to see one actually teleport. Instead it just gets stuck on rocks and grineer bases. It'd be great if the lures would actually teleport, or just float above head height when chasing.

The other issue that's still happening is they get in the way when you're fighting an Eidolon. It's great that they follow operators now, but they need to either stay behind the player about a metre, or just float above head height.. In the screenshot I've linked where I'm fighting the Teralyst and it's rather difficult to aim at it.

44E42B99957C0E210CE65753E8EC863866B27EC0

As far as i could see Lures have the following issues:

• floating to close to the player causing the following issues:
    • standing in the line of fire
    • if the player got downed by the bombard attack they get damaged as the eidolon repetly bombards the downed player
  • tether:
    • sometimes unable to build up a tether even if all conditions are met
    • regularly loosing tether on rough terrain, mostly because it floats directly over ground
  • movement:
    • issues when navigating areas that are meant to be jumped down
    • unable to move over water, has always to move around
    • keeps its position if player moves to far away
    • unable to be controlled or resetted if the player in control leaves the game
    • getting stuck when fired on
    • getting stuck generelly everywhere near structures or overlapping rocks
  • spawning:
    • seems to fail spawning on camps if players where near the camp during spawning time (namly players waiting on the planes for the eidolon spawn)

So far they are just a mess. The path finding in warframe never was good but the algorithm used done its job in normal missions, for the planes however its unsuited for the task. The Lures itself lack several safeguards which should be there and should have been visible during initial testing phases as they are very obvious (i guess QA didnt do its job well here).

Yep, I have similar experiences and opinion on the new lures.

I have only seen one teleport once: in the simulacrum.  In PoE they sometimes get stuck 200~1500m+ away and never teleport to me.

Also having them follow the operator when I am soloing makes them a pain to manage, since they will not only always be in my face but be in range of the semi-glitchy homing ground shock-wave attack that can come close to one-shotting them all, forcing me to play Trinity/Harrow/Oberon if I want to keep them alive consistently.