Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Buy Bounty Relics for Ostron Standing instead (+Sigil alternative)

Rinthe

Add a new vendor to Cetus who exclusively sells the new relics for Ostron reputation.

Players thus run bounties for the rep to turn in, but are able to consistently get the relics they actually want. This can also be a rep dump for people who are maxed out or don't care for the other rewards.

Also add a sigil to allow people to get rep the usual way, without bounties. This will allow people who will not or cannot run bounties to still get relics.

If the devs really want people to run bounties instead, some limitations for the sigil could be that it's locked at a low percent making bounties more efficient, or has a per-mission contribution cap accomplishing the same effect. I would strongly dissuade the idea of a daily cap à la Syndicate factions, as the rewards are already time-limited. At least let people grind it out when they can rather than forcing a daily routine.

There are likely flaws with this suggestion, but the inability of some players to even run bounties, coupled with the RNG aggravation of needing a luck-based drop to begin to farm a luck-based drop is why people hate attaching relics to bounties (Usual dislike of bounties and PoE aside). Give us alternatives and make at least one part of the farm reliable, then we'll feel like we're actually progressing and not just racing against a clock.

Edited by Rinthe
Misleading title

Ostron standing is not worth enough to justify giving it unvaulted Relics. At best, Baro would have them since you need to burn other Prime parts for Ducats.

9 minutes ago, Rinthe said:

Also add a sigil to allow people to get rep the usual way, without bounties.

Fishing, mining, Incursions.

Edited by peterc3

Did I mispeak? I meant the recently unvaulted ones currently obtainable through bounties only. I'll update the title. I definitely think Baro should be the only one with "not actually available, try again later" relics.

If the players with computers that struggle or straight up can't run PoE are able to fish, mine, or otherwise get Ostron rep, then fair game! I'm not married to the sigil idea at all.