Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested can be so much more!

Silenterr

Oh look a horde coming at me...better starting mashing E

You guys nailed the level design but the monsters are way too simple.

Wouldn't it be interesting to create randomized vents throughout a room in which the infected would pour out? We could have patched in parts of the ship which can explode literally swarming the player with infested. We could have these vent spawn above us and literally rain down infested above unsuspecting tenno! We could have dead infested corpses come back to life when a player's guard is down.

Why not stop there? Make the room more atmospheric? Hearing screaming of girneer being torn apart or hearing heavy breathing and pound on the walls. What about gargled messages instead of lotus's voice? Heck wouldn't be cool to get disturbing and cryptic messages? How about getting a random message from a random grineer before their inimate demise? Get random hallucination confusing your fellow players?

How about blood splatter along the wall? what about opening a room and seeing a trove of dead grineer or corpus bodies everywhere?

but personally all I wish is for infested to stop zerg rushing me from afar but start surprise zerg rushing me. Its nice that some catch me off guard from behind but its reaches a point where its predictable

Personally I would love a screeching sound, much like the one in ME3 when that Banshee thing got into the map.

If combined with a new 'stronger' sort of infested, it would make immersion much bigger. For example a roof crawler of some sorts.

Because while playing ME3 I always had an 'oh crap, it's one of those'-moments.

Heck, even the screech alone would fit into the infested atmosphere.

Edited by Kalara