Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Vor's Key Attack

PsychedelicSnake

One thing I noticed about the Warframe PS4 Announcement Trailer was that Excalibur managed to block the energy beam emitted by Vor's Void Key.

Although this is a small detail that doesn't really need to be added, I personally would like to have it. This small detail, obviously, is the ability to block Vor's energy attacks with our melee weapon, while of course being pushed back, or even knocked down like in the trailer.

It's just a small detail that could be interesting to put in.

You don't seem to understand the point of the thread. I mentioned it is a small detail that doesn't necessarily need to be implemented, but nonetheless would be neat if it was.

Energy does not work this way and you can't tell how much pain it was. Buy a shock baton, take knife without handle, connect these. Push the button. Care to not hurt yourself in convulsion.

Energy does not work this way and you can't tell how much pain it was. Buy a shock baton, take knife without handle, connect these. Push the button. Care to not hurt yourself in convulsion.

... wut?

why do i have such a hard time understanding anything you say?

ot: blocking energy/electricity would be kinda hard to do with a sword... just sayin.

and why would waste your time for that? just shoot him. in the head.

There you are, Elitism! Where were you hiding?

Man, I'd like to have this "detail" being implemented too. It doesn't hurt anyone (except Vor, but who cares), and it benefits everyone.

I hope they implement blocking with pushback because then blocking would be a viable option, especially for tanks. Plus it would look badass like in the trailer, and in a lot of anime where someone gets hit really hard and holds their ground but the earth beneath them gets torn up. Vindictus did a great job with this (particularly Fiona's blocking).

Anyone familiar with Fio's small shield will recall how a smash attack would make her slide backwards with some nice stumbling animation, but she would recovery pretty quickly, and if you had shield counter, she could come flying back at the enemy. Ah, great melee system. WF is a bit different, but it would be nice with a few more things stolen, er borrowed, from other games.

I hope they implement blocking with pushback because then blocking would be a viable option, especially for tanks. Plus it would look badass like in the trailer, and in a lot of anime where someone gets hit really hard and holds their ground but the earth beneath them gets torn up. Vindictus did a great job with this (particularly Fiona's blocking).

Anyone familiar with Fio's small shield will recall how a smash attack would make her slide backwards with some nice stumbling animation, but she would recovery pretty quickly, and if you had shield counter, she could come flying back at the enemy. Ah, great melee system. WF is a bit different, but it would be nice with a few more things stolen, er borrowed, from other games.

There is a thin line (2pc) between cheesy anime stuff and badass.

Also, you are not getting the whole salt of being badass.

It's not about breaking rules just because they exist.

It's not about looking good.

It's about being yourself and giving infinitely close to 0 fucks about people's opinion. Still, it doesn't mean that you should ignore their words. Just scanning them for information and throwing out anything that actually has no point.

Like the D'n'D allignment, not alignment determines your actions, your actions determine the alignment. The same for being Badass — it's not the list of requirements you should follow, it's being yourself and ocasionally doing things which will be called badass much later.