Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Stat Mod Idea

DanPaul7

A nice idea for more customization options is custom dual stat mods.
For this we would be given a 'combine' option for a mod, probably under the fusion button or something, that when pressed, would allow you to select another mod in your inventory to combine with. Once you have combined the two mods, you are left with a single mod, with half the effect of each original mod. The price of the combined mod should also be half the price of the two original mods added, rounded up.

You should be able to combine any two mods, at any fusion level, however once combined they cannot be upgraded further.

The polarity of these mods would depend on what two mods are combinedd. If the two mods combined are of the same polarity, then the polarity should remain the same. If however the two mods are of different polarities, then the new mod should have both polarities applied to it, requiring a slot on your weapon with both of those polarities applied to it.
Alternatively, the new combined mod could have a new polarity altogether.

If you equip a combination mod, you cannot then equip any other combination of, or the original of, either of the two mods in the equipped combo mod.

Edited by DanPaul7

This would defeat the purpose of nightmare mode -.-

I don't see that it would because some of those mods are better than the max level of equivalent mods, halved. Nightmare more could of course be used to gather some sort of resource that's required to complete the combining of two mods.

It would be so over the top.

How so? It would be just like what we have now really, just with more options to personalize your weapons.

How so? It would be just like what we have now really, just with more options to personalize your weapons.

Because you would be able to slot essentially two mods for the cost of one?

"Oh look i cant have  vit and  shields, lets combine them and install them at half cost!"

Edited by Mietz

Half cost, at half effect, as I said.

Yes but at one mod-slot.

so you have a modslot free. So you combine vit and shields, now you have one mod-slot that you can put more vit or shields?

Or would you then restrict the slotting of vit, shields and vit/shields? In that case I could now slot steel fiber or a resistance mod, conceivably again combined with another one.

You could probably slot every single mod in the game and have all the beneficial effects going on at the same time (all resistances, etc), not to mention the combining of abilities which would also leave slots open to be populated.

There would be no reason to use single mods beyond extreme specialization anymore since this would entirely &*$$genize builds.

Edited by Mietz

Yes but at one mod-slot.

so you have a modslot free. So you combine vit and shields, now you have one mod-slot that you can put more vit or shields?

Or would you then restrict the slotting of vit, shields and vit/shields? In that case I could now slot steel fiber or a resistance mod, conceivably again combined with another one.

You could probably slot every single mod in the game and have all the beneficial effects going on at the same time (all resistances, etc), not to mention the combining of abilities which would also leave slots open to be populated.

There would be no reason to use single mods beyond extreme specialization anymore since this would entirely &*$$genize builds.

Okay I suppose I didn't make that clear and I will edit post to add this in:

If you equip a combination mod, you cannot then equip any other combination of, or the original of, either of the two mods in the equipped combo mod.

If you wanted half the effect of both redirection and vitality on one mod slot and then steel fiber on another slot, you would be losing tankyness, which would be your choice.

There is no way this could be overpowered at all and there would be plenty of reason to use max mods. This would be nice if you for example wanted a little more fire rate and a little more reload, but felt the original of both was more than necessary.

Edited by DanPaul7

combine two mods, get half the affect for half the price while freeing one slot. that sounds like it would be mildly difficult to code in but i think that'd be neat.

and if they make it so you can't stack another of the fused mods on top of that fusion mod you installed it could be balanced.

EDIT:some grammar fixes.

Edited by LasersGoPewPew