Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignore should also block matchmaking

Banshee256

As the titles says, when you have someone on ignore, you shouldn't be put into a group with them, as long as they are on your ignore list. World of WarCraft did it, when they implemented the looking for group tool, specifically to combat AFK'ing and trolling. Why isn't this in yet? Should have been there from the start, really. 

And while it might not fix AFK'ing over night, it's a step in the right direction, I think.

2 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

It's easier to use an AoE ability and "1" and "3" are situational

And they couldn't care less about your advices.

I happens that I currently only have time to play on morning due to my schedule, and whenever I do sortie, I meet same 2-3 people almost every day, who keep ruining my and my teammate's experience, so ignoring them and preventing to match with me would be a very welcomed feature.

Either way, if everyone is ignoring a person, maybe think that there is a problem with him, not with a "system that will encourage abuse"...

13 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

And they couldn't care less about your advices.

I happens that I currently only have time to play on morning due to my schedule, and whenever I do sortie, I meet same 2-3 people almost every day, who keep ruining my and my teammate's experience, so ignoring them and preventing to match with me would be a very welcomed feature.

Either way, if everyone is ignoring a person, maybe think that there is a problem with him, not with a "system that will encourage abuse"...

Who even goes public for sorties, Go with clan-mates or solo it.....

Sorties aren't hard to solo.

12 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

Who even goes public for sorties, Go with clan-mates or solo it.....

Sorties aren't hard to solo.

That's not really what we're discussing here.

13 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

You can't stop people from using their warframes.

There is a report feature for Spam,Real-Life threat,Harrasment,Offensive Language,Offensive Name.

One of the reasons Warframe had a great community is pre-matchmaking (not randomized public)

And that report feature doesn't include an AFK option and doesn't prevent you from being matched with the person you reported. 

I would also like to have the block feature so I can block people who would ruin my leisure experience when I want to speed-run fissures with ember's WoF, or Banshee my way through defense, or Limbo sorties mobile defense, Octavia a sortie 3 survival... I would like this block option you all so desperately need, so I can be rid of players like yourselves once and for all. If you want to enjoy your own play style or anything that is "what you like", there's a invite-only option or better yet, check out the "solo" one. Great features. I'm sick of people complaining about how one player ruins their game cause they can't play the way they want to play and instead of recruiting a specific squad that meets their own standards, try to ruin or hinder the games of others by requesting silly features like this one. Hypocrisy at its finest.

18 minutes ago, arimanari said:

I would also like to have the block feature so I can block people who would ruin my leisure experience when I want to speed-run fissures with ember's WoF, or Banshee my way through defense, or Limbo sorties mobile defense, Octavia a sortie 3 survival... I would like this block option you all so desperately need, so I can be rid of players like yourselves once and for all. If you want to enjoy your own play style or anything that is "what you like", there's a invite-only option or better yet, check out the "solo" one. Great features. I'm sick of people complaining about how one player ruins their game cause they can't play the way they want to play and instead of recruiting a specific squad that meets their own standards, try to ruin or hinder the games of others by requesting silly features like this one. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Why is this a silly feature request? What, exactly, would you lose out on, if this was implemented?

And yes, you could only play with friends and clan members, but they're not always available or might not be interested in the same missions that you are. 

And I do solo a lot, but it's MUCH more efficient to grind Affinity in a group, than solo. I just hate being matched up with people who AFK all the time. 

The feature is silly. It's very much like a "vote-kick" option. "Hey guys, ignore this limbo, i dont like limbos"...Get my point? The limbo can also ignore you and therefore kick you off the squad.
If you want to farm affinity, xp or whatever it is you want to farm today, do it through your clan or friends. This is what we all do. Just because you can't do whatever you want to in that very same moment, doesn't mean we need features like this one that can and will be abused to oblivion. I personally hate valkyrs, vaubans, mirages and few more but I have absolutely no right to ask them to change their game style in public match (or request features that may hinder their experience ) just because I don't agree with it.

Edited by arimanari

17 minutes ago, arimanari said:

The feature is silly. It's very much like a "vote-kick" option. "Hey guys, ignore this limbo, i dont like limbos"...Get my point? The limbo can also ignore you and therefore kick you off the squad.
If you want to farm affinity, xp or whatever it is you want to farm today, do it through your clan or friends. This is what we all do. Just because you can't do whatever you want to in that very same moment, doesn't mean we need features like this one that can and will be abused to oblivion. I personally hate valkyrs, vaubans, mirages and few more but I have absolutely no right to ask them to change their game style in public match (or request features that may hinder their experience ) just because I don't agree with it.

Apparently, I didn't formulate this quite right. You wouldn't be able to kick a player from an ongoing mission. If you ignore a player, then you wouldn't be put in a NEW group with said player. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not advocating a kick feature.

And that wasn't what the intent of the feature was. It was to not be put in groups with players who you have had bad experiences with, in the past.

If you ignore someone, you won't matchmake with them as long as you're host. Otherwise, it goes by the host's ignore list, to avoid any mucking around with who gets the say in how the group is compiled. If you want to ensure that you don't run into ignored players, just leave any squad you're not hosting.

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

If you ignore someone, you won't matchmake with them as long as you're host. Otherwise, it goes by the host's ignore list, to avoid any mucking around with who gets the say in how the group is compiled. If you want to ensure that you don't run into ignored players, just leave any squad you're not hosting.

Great. Show me where I can chose to be host.

1 hour ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Kick-voting doesn't work in a pve game.

Complaining about afk/allies "trolling" won't do any good.

I never said anything about vote-kicking.

16 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Host can change mid game. This feature will never work.

16 hours ago, Banshee256 said:

Apparently, I didn't formulate this quite right. You wouldn't be able to kick a player from an ongoing mission. If you ignore a player, then you wouldn't be put in a NEW group with said player. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not advocating a kick feature.

And that wasn't what the intent of the feature was. It was to not be put in groups with players who you have had bad experiences with, in the past.

Given the way how hosting and hosting migration works in this game, it can never work. You can be host-migrated mid-game in a squad with an ignored user. You think the chances of that are low? Think again. We all have certain habits when it comes to what we play and when we play it, and at one point we realise we've been teamed up with the same players every day. This is how I met most of the people in my friends' list.

23 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

This is not true in my experience. A few days ago I ignored an AFKer limbo while I was running Kuva missions. 2 games later I was hosting with no other players when he joined my game and did the exact same thing.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:02 AM, arimanari said:

Sounds like we all want the same thing, then. Excellent! Make it happen, DE!