Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Environments Lacking

QuantumSamurai

Yoh. This is Just some feedback for whoever deems it viewable. 

I'm by no means a veteran of this game and I'm also yet to complete or even get to 1 or 2 planets. However if the current assignments is anything to go by than I'm assuming the following would remain true, if not, disregard this and peace out.

From my personal experience, and again I reiterate its limited, I feel that there is a little to much grimdark ship tralling, not to say its not fun or enjoyable, but it feels compact and limited, half the weapons ranges seem to not matter on these levels and you may as well run with a shotty because you're rarely going to be in any actual fire fight. 

I do enjoy these missions however when that corpus mission comes around and i get to run around in the snow fields actually scoping and engaging in a fire fight I feel relived. This might be because of my BF/Halo days and the idea that this is a fps that makes me long for a wide open space.

This is all personal preference of course, and I'm hugely impressed with the state of the game as it is, but my 2 cents is that on top of all this good stuff, maybe toss in some open planned environments, hell maybe even a new mission type that's slightly more sandbox. 

Thanks for reading and i would appreciate any feedback / comments.
Peace. 

I gotta agree that the Corpus outposts are probably the best maps, having enough of both open space and cramped corridors to allow for just about any weapon to be used. Like BlackJackD said, hopefully the new Grineer maps, as well as all future maps, will give us that sandbox experience.

You will want your open spaces more as you play the game. I advocated for an area assault mode. But didnt get too much notice. In all honesty i dnt want open pastures but tilesets that are outdoors but still cramped somwhat that a ninja could navigate. Like a dark city and such

well lets just hope the new grinner settlements bring more open world its really nice running around in those corpus maps and not just inside the ships all the time

So I take it you're in agreement? 

I gotta agree that the Corpus outposts are probably the best maps, having enough of both open space and cramped corridors to allow for just about any weapon to be used. Like BlackJackD said, hopefully the new Grineer maps, as well as all future maps, will give us that sandbox experience.

Yea that's probably more of a gripe for me, I have Vulkar at 30 and yet use it about once every 10 missions, not because I can't use it (because I can just shoot from the hip and treat it like a Hek) But because there's none of that sniper feel. 

You will want your open spaces more as you play the game. I advocated for an area assault mode. But didnt get too much notice. In all honesty i dnt want open pastures but tilesets that are outdoors but still cramped somwhat that a ninja could navigate. Like a dark city and such

Ehh, don't say that XD.