The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lagging at mission start - driver or update problem?

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone; dunno if this is the right place to ask for, i aplogize if it's wrong and ask to move to the correct place

SInce few days i got a little "lag problem" as soon as the mission start: it goes uber laggish for few seconds, a it rubberbanding, and it almost freeze whenever i see another tenno or enemies. Then after a very few seconds, the game start running smoothly without problems.
At first i thought was internet problem, then i noticed it does everytime i start a mission. Super lag -> run smooth -> back to orbiter -> start mission -> repeat

It's not really a problem 'cause it will start running smooth just a couple seconds after first super flashy visual effect start or enemies hordes shows up etc, and with last patch i'm not either forced to use my operator in the first secs to get passive buffs, but it's annoying and i'm guessing what's wrong

the day i started noticing those problems two things happened:
1 - game updated
2 - i updated my graphic card drivers

If the "1" is the problem, i can't really do anything to solve it; but probably i'm not the only one having this issue. I asked some friends of mine and noone noticed change (but one of those said me he always had those problems since we started playing last november)

If the "2" is the problem, probably i can fix it; i guess there could be some settings enabled by default with new driver versions, some of the S#&$ty useless software things graphic card company insist on putting on, like livefeed compatibilities and instant replay/save clip that usually slows your performance.
I have an AMD R9 280 DualX from Sapphire https://goo.gl/JpgULv

from AMD control panel i copy system and graphic card information:

Spoiler

Radeon settings version - 2018.0131.1849.33856
Driver package version - 17.50.17.03-180131a-323831C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
Supplier - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D driver version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01316
OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13506
OpenCL ™ Version - 23.20.15017.3010
AMD Mantle version - 9.1.10.0237
AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
Vulkan ™ Driver Version - 2.0.1
Vulkan ™ API Version - 1.0.65
---
Graphics card manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Device ID - 679A
Supplier ID - 1002
Subsystem ID - A003
Subsystem seller ID - 174B
Revision ID - 00
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current bus settings - PCI Express 2.0 x16
BIOS version - 015.044.000.005
Serial number BIOS - 113-8E2490U-O46
BIOS Date - 2014/02/20 21:43
Memory capacity - 3072 MB
Type of memory - GDDR5
Clock memory - 1250 MHz
Main clock - 940 MHz
Total memory bandwidth - 240 GByte / s
Memory bit rate - 5.00 Gbps

What do you think? it's a graphic card driver/software problem? there is something i can change/disable to let the game run smoothly as before?
or it's something related to the update so i just need to wait for DE to solve the issue?

as always: Thank You for your help :)

2 answers to this question

what do you mean with "game cache on launcher"?

besides, today miraculously did'nt do it anymore. So probably they where issue server side? or i just got lucky?

Edit

Ok found it :satisfied:
i did it the whole "optmize game cache" things from launcher. But did'nt solved the issue. Tonight it was bad as "usual" (as it was in the past few days) while this evening it worked like a charm (as it was in the previous months...)

So i guess is not something client-side, or at least not completely... :awkward:
(or if it's something client-side, is a bit random feature or based upon external things)

Edited by Kelpie77