Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Burst-Fire King?: The Cerberus (Just An Idea)

LoveYourEnemy

As a semi-tactical run and gun player, i really enjoy the control of burst fire weaponry (Burston, Sicarus). I was bored and thought up of a cool Burst-fire weapon idea. The name of course is from the multi headed dog Cerberus from greek mythology.

Grineer Design:

-A triple barrel bullpup design weapon of grineer styling. Each barrel fires a 3 round burst, dealing high damage in a short amount of time. Has a compact feel of the burston, but a little larger   (maybe mixing the designs of the grakata and burston?)

-Deals high damage: 32

-Crit chance of 5%

-Crit dmg of 150%

-base fire rate: 3 bursts per sec.

-accuracy: 20   (tight spread of the triple barrels)

-clip size: 54   (6 bursts to start off with)

-base ammo: 540

-base reload: 1.2   (to balance comparatively small clip size)

and maybe a D polarity

Attributes:

-Mastery rank 3 or 4   (available to more advanced players)

-has a 15% chance of armor piercing

-low recoil

-should be good against light to medium armored enemies.   (Armor piercing mods needed for grineer heavies)

-has very high bullet velocity   (hitscan of course)

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

Sounds awesome!

Maybe increase the damage further and increase the Mastery Rank requirements together with Material requirements? The market is lacking in higher than Mastery Rank 4 weapons...

Also, suggestions of any kind belong in the Fan Concepts Section!

Edited by Rengakun

Dis name. Makes me think of ME3. Was good game.... if Shep had Tenno to command reaper ground forces would be a joke.

On a more serious note, I'm all for some new effect rifles that don't involve lasers, poison, bolts, and explosions. More power to ya, just getting idea out there like this one gives the brains at DE something to chew on. Look at the our most recent addition, the vasto. A few players were unhappy with the way the Lex pistol looked and started kicking around the idea of a revolver skin for it, and presto we have the Vasto. A bit wishful thinking surround that theory I know but, you never know where DE can pick up some ideas!

I don't know... it seems like it will fill pretty much the same role as the Burston. Might be more interesting to lower the accuracy and increase the damage, recoil (it should kick even more than the Burston. also Burston's recoil needs to be reduced at the same time) and fire-rate (btw.... did you just say it fired 3 bursts a second? that's.... a bit fast), to fill a more aggressive role. Kinda like the ME3's Argus, but without the pathetic fire-rate.

So you have three barrels firing three-round bursts, at 32 damage a shot... That's 9 x 32 = 288 theoretical damage from a single trigger-pull (likely possible at close range). That's base damage higher than the Lanka's.

Well, it's supposed to be a Mastery Rank locked weapon that most likely needs lots of Materials.

Kinda like the ME3's Argus, but without the pathetic fire-rate.

Mmm the argus... I used that on the turian ghost before I had a high rank Cerberus Harrier. That gun truly had some crazy kick to it. It was pretty nice to drop enemies in a single burst on gold... But you generally had to hit all three in the head...

O.o Now I'm really off topic. Anyway, I will have to agree with Sellardohr. The damage on this thing would be huge. With the way split barrel works you would be shooting 4 burst, pretty often. Unsure how to balance something that powerful.

Saw this and laughed my &#! off!

Advanced players with mastery 3 or 4? Finding advanced players there is immposibru!

Well, i'm a rank 4 and have a complete understanding of the game. But What I meant by that statement is that this should be made available to people who have gotten a bit of experience in the gameplay and may want to try a new gun (like how boltor, hek, sobek, etc. have mastery rankings.).

DE could think of ways to balance it. 

I just played AC:V and played around with the AutoCannon.

Skip to 5:00:

Although the one shown in that video is a 4-barrel version, the 3-barrel version is quite similar. As you can see, its accuracy is almost non-existent.

So...they can balance it by screwing up its accuracy!

P.S.:Is that embed working properly? Doesn't show up on my side...Here are the links just in case:

Edited by Rengakun

I just played AC:V and played around with the AutoCannon.

Skip to 5:00:

Although the one shown in that video is a 4-barrel version, the 3-barrel version is quite similar. As you can see, its accuracy is almost non-existent.

So...they can balance it by screwing up its accuracy!

P.S.:Is that embed working properly? Doesn't show up on my side...Here are the links just in case:

I guess that would make sense (But maybe make it more viable with slightly lower accuracy than average and higher recoil than average [Vasto Level]), just making this weapons a high damage close/medium range AR. And yeah, the embedding works out.