The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Tanking?

Brimir

Question

17 answers to this question

Viable, especially on Frost/Saryn/Rhino although you won't be able to tank Toxic damage since it isn't mitigated by armor. By far, you should choose a frame depending on your wanted specialization; ie. Frost - defensive tank, Saryn - bruiser/caster, Rhino - offensive tank.

PS. Ember could also be in the list but she kinda cheats.

EDIT: This build is awfully viable as I run the same mod loadout on Frost. You can easily take a good beating from Void 3 monsters without dying that fast.

Edited by MIRROR_ell

What about ASH? The wiki says he is suprisingly beefy.

Viable but not as much as the first 3; Ash doesn't have much utility to act as a tank. You can take a beating, sure, but you won't if you run invi/ult most of the time or run fast enough for cover, you won't be taking that much of health damage.

It is only viable as a buffer.  Rejuv (even max) doesn't restore enough hp to make HP tanking viable.

Rejuv would have to change to be a % of max HP restored, or % of missing HP restored to make HP tanking viable.

When you start to get near death and want to heal, find an ally, &!$$ off a bunch of stuff, and die near your friend so they can pick you up and get you all your HP back.  Or bring a Trinity to do that for you without you getting downed.

All this being said, I run a similar setup on my Saryn (Physique rather then Rejuv) so that I can survive army diving to hit Miasma.

As it stands, Frost and Rhino are your only absorption tanks, and that is due to Iron Hide (Rhino) and Snow Globe (Frost) and having the highest shield pool of the tank frames.  Saryn isn't really a tank, she's a DD with enough durability to get to close range to do her job.

What about ASH? The wiki says he is suprisingly beefy.

Ash only has 50 Armor, making Steel Fiber a waste of a mod slot on him, as he has Smoke Screen for avoidance, Teleport for Escape and as a Gap Closer, and Bladestorm for Stabby-Stabby time.

Edited by Drogra

Its not very effective due to the lack of sufficient health regen sources unless you are Trinity using Rage. Even then, her low armor will melt against mobs 60+.

I wanted a health tank trinity to work. I really did, but baddies just hit too hard to depend on health.

Viable but not as much as the first 3; Ash doesn't have much utility to act as a tank. You can take a beating, sure, but you won't if you run invi/ult most of the time or run fast enough for cover, you won't be taking that much of health damage.

talk about overcompensation

If you want to be a health tank, I recommend something like Frost/Rhino, and get both Vitality and Steel Fiber.

Should be able to soak a lot of punishment.

Saryn is innately the best health tank because of her armor and highest base health with Ash.