Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

recommendations for eidolon hunts

carlos151515

as the title suggests these are recommendations for the "superb" boss fight that are called Eidolons and will contain Spoilers. WARNING!! this is an extremely long thread so in order to get the shortened version look below (this is taking assumptions that these ideas are not extremely ambitious and that they do not bypass technological limits however if it does break any of those two then I can work to try and see how to circumvent and if I don't figure it out I will remove them)

General Idea: Remove Eidolon invincibility mode, change the purpose of Eidolon limbs from a required target that is purely used to directly damage Eidolons and give it strategic purposes, remove Eidolon lures necessity to acquire brilliant shards and cores and change to a bombalyst trap.

In depth Explanation: the main problems with EIdolon hunts or at least for me is that while it is a fun battle the first time as you are fighting this Titan of a monster that by visuals alone could topple Cetus single handedly. it is however very disappointing looking at the process required to destroy the Eidolon step by step which is are:

1. Find 2 lures at minimum and charge them
  2. Use operator mode to destroy Eidolon shields which is not doable for new players
  3. Attack the limbs individually and destroy them
  4. Either dodge, dodge, or go operator void mode during the Eidolon AOE
  5. Find the Eidolon somewhere else if you havent done Step 1.
  6. Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 for the other limbs
  7. Destroy incoming bombalysts if they appear
  8. Destroy the Eidolon

The main issue with these steps is that while yes they are very shortened, the issues lay with the fault of Lures being a necessity which can be destroyed easily in higher level Eidolons unless someone runs a blessing trinity which is where my issues begin as my issue isn't skill cap but the cheapness of the boss in general for example take the first eidolon had a magnetic wave blast that took away all of your energy unless someone ran harrow, couldn't be damaged without operator mode making it a necessity, and lastly had an invincibiilty phase during the first fight which made it a long fight without any good setup.

Ideal Changes: (This only covers Low Eidolon)

1. Eidolon Health: The ideal change to Eidolon Health would be to instead of making Eidolons invincible by default it is however a good example of cheap boss and in other cases annoying. Ideally Eidolons should not have invincibility and should instead have  two sets which are limb healths which are covered by eidolon shields which would need players to go into operator mode to aim and destroy however shooting the eidolon main body divides damage to be equally distributed to all limbs and the main body. Eidolon health are the total hp from all limbs multiplied by 1.5 and as stated before if an eidolon is shot with a void blast while their limbs are still existent the damage will be distributed evenly to the main body and all of its existing limbs.
  2. Limbs: destroying Eidolon limbs should not be a necessity but instead should be an option that grants strategic options for example the Eidolon Teralyst has 4 limbs therefore destroying one of the limbs should cause an effect and reduce it's health by 25%.
    • Left Leg: Each time the Eidolon Left leg hits the ground a small shock wave will spread around a 5-10m radius that will only stagger a warframe if the shock wave hits the players 5 times (deals damage during phase 2). When destroyed the Eidolon's movement is stunned and wont be able to move for 10-20 seconds (when both legs are destroyed the Eidolon cannot move). Shock wave stagger are counted for both legs together and not individually (shockwave can be reset if a player goes to operator mode)
    • Right Leg: Each time the Eidolon Right leg hits the ground a small shockwave will spread around a 5-10m radius that will only stagger a warframe if the shock wave hits the player 5 times (deals damage during phase 2). When destroyed the Eidolon's movement is stunned and wont be able to move for 10-20 seconds (when both legs are destroyed the Eidolon cannot move). Shock wave stagger are counted for both legs together and not individually (shockwave can be reset if a player goes to operator mode)
    • Left Arm: Eidolon has access to left arm weapons and damage attacking players depending on whether its a single type shot or a multi target shot (damage increase on phase 2). Eidolon loses access to that arm weapon when the limb is destroyed
    • Right Arm: Eidolon has access to eight arm weapons and damage attacking players depending on whether its a single type shot or a multi target shot (damage increase on phase 2). Eidolon loses access to that arm weapon when the limb is destroyed
  3. Eidolon Lures: based on the method the Eidolon gets healed Lures should be a way to counteract that methology. Lures should be given an overcharge system that allows the lures to survive fatal flows similar to the sentinel's regeneration. the lures gain one overcharge point per 3 bombalyst absorbed. Whenever the Eidolon calls for bombalyst to heal them the lures will capture and absort any bombalyst that come in range to the lures automatically (these also count towards the lure overcharge).
  4. Phase 2: These occur when the Eidolon is taken down in one of two ways which are destroying all 4 limbs or reducing the Eidolon hp to 0 without destroying all 4 limbs.
    •  Destroying all 4 limbs: when all 4 limbs are destroyed the Eidolon will fall and call bombalysts to come to their aid. The bombalysts will attempt to go to the eidolon main body and restore 2 hit points (1 if Bombalysts are phased) for a maximum 500 - 1000 HP) which are distributed evenly to all 4 limbs and the player must destroy all 4 limbs again
    • Defeating Eidolon without destroying all 4 limbs: When the Eidolon HP is reduced to 0 the Eidolon will fall and call bombalysts for aid. The bombalysts will attempt to go to the eidolon main body and restore 2 hit points (1 if Bombalysts are phased) for a maximum 100 - 400 HP). The eidolon can now only be damaged by headshots
    • Phase 2 combat: when the Eidolon is defeated in stage 1 he will call for Bombalysts to heal him for a minute. if no Bombalysts manage to reach the teralyst during those 60 seconds the teralyst automatically dies however if even one manages to reach the teralyst phase 2 will begin. in phase 2 all non void damage to the teralyst become 1 point whereas void damage will deal 5 (if multishot is involved each shot will be counted individually so a shotgun that shoots 10 pellets will count as 10 damage instead of 1).

Conclusion:

do I expect these ideas to be applied? most likely not

will I take any criticism or any modifications towards these ideas? yes as I am not as experienced in these fields and am mostly a brat with too much imagination

why did I post this? in all honesty I just wanted to put in an idea and see where it goes as one thing that bugged me the most in boss fights was complete invincibility and no effective counter or a boss that whose difficulty occurs because it is invincible and gimmicky.

is this the right thread to post this? as far as I know yes

will I remove this if DE tells me to? well not exactly as I would ask where I should put this and move it there if there is nowhere to put the ideas then yeah I would willingly remove it after I write up these ideas on paper