The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Out Of Memory Crash on PoE

Kaminariss

I have pretty powerful PC, and one of the most recent updates (not sure which one) causes total PC crash while I am on Cetus or PoE.

Symptoms:

• Game freezes
  • UI doesnt respond
  • Windows Aero crashes
  • Browser crashes (Chrome)
  • Discord crashes
  • Drivers restarts itself (black screen and after a moment everything is up again)

There is no usual Bug report window, last time i saw something message about system being Out of Memory.

But that is pretty ridiculous because I have 24GB ram (Swap is turned off and it is out of question to turn it on with so much RAM and SSD disks).

CPU: i7 2600K

JeShG9S.pnglmzS0l8.png6m483ex.png

Never had any problems until now. While i did not update any drivers whatsoever. Only the usual windows updates. Temperatures are pretty normal CPU: 50degC, GPU: 70degC

It only happens on PoE. Normal misisons, sorties no problems. So far I had about 4 of those crashes in last few days.

Other games runs just fine.

4 hours ago, Kaminariss said:

I have pretty powerful PC, and one of the most recent updates (not sure which one) causes total PC crash while I am on Cetus or PoE.

Symptoms:

• Game freezes
  • UI doesnt respond
  • Windows Aero crashes
  • Browser crashes (Chrome)
  • Discord crashes
  • Drivers restarts itself (black screen and after a moment everything is up again)

There is no usual Bug report window, last time i saw something message about system being Out of Memory.

But that is pretty ridiculous because I have 24GB ram (Swap is turned off and it is out of question to turn it on with so much RAM and SSD disks).

CPU: i7 2600K

JeShG9S.pnglmzS0l8.png6m483ex.png

Never had any problems until now. While i did not update any drivers whatsoever. Only the usual windows updates. Temperatures are pretty normal CPU: 50degC, GPU: 70degC

It only happens on PoE. Normal misisons, sorties no problems. So far I had about 4 of those crashes in last few days.

Other games runs just fine.

Have you already tried to verify and optimise the game files from the launcher?

I did some tests and:

1. Verify and optimize doesn't help.
  2. When a crash occur, EVERY time i try to do bounties on POE results in crash, 100%, each bounty.
  3. The only thing that helps is restarting whole PC
  4. I am not sure on which conditions it does happen.

I bet there is some memory leak introduced in some of the previous patches.

There is some kind of memory leak in the Plains for sure. I only have 8GB of RAM (no SSD, just HDD, so I do have the page file enabled), which is usually plenty to run the game smoothly, but after two or three bounties, the Warframe/Evolution Engine process takes up almost every bit of RAM that isn't already in use by the OS or other programs in the background (well over 4GB), which causes stuttering while loading. I haven't had many crashes, though. This has been going on since PoE launched.

Happened again today while I was hunting eidolon. But it also happens on bounties so there is memory leak for sure in PoE. That was the fifth crash.

First time i belive was like 4-5 days ago. So it is something related to one of the recent updates.

Game froze, I got error about chrome, whole system UI restarted itself. But one thing is bothering me. When a game crash occurs it ALWAYS crashes chrome and discord (because discord app is basically chrome without borders).

I doubt it is an issue with chrome itself because chrome never crashes without warframe, so maybe there is some incompatibility between chrome and warframe? Like they both try to use the same memory segments?

I've been having this same problem, but in reverse. I have about 8 GB of ram. I can successfully get into the plains, but the minute i try to re enter Cetus, my game freezes and crashes. Sometimes the game gets so frozen, you cant close the evolution engine application so you have to Ctrl+Del and if that doesn't work, i'm forced to restart my PC. It really sucks :(

17 hours ago, Kaminariss said:

On the other hand, It stopped happening for me recently. Probably one of the recent patches had silent fix for this.

No luck on my end. I found a post on reddit suggesting disabling multi-threading or DirectX 10 or 11, but those didn't help at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...