Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would This Be Possible?

TheDrift

Didn't really know where else to put this, I figured this was the best spot,  I was thinking would it be possible in a future update to have something like a fps/ping/ms counter that could be dropped in?  Nothing fancy but just something to show the current numbers.  It wouldn't have to stay on the screen but maybe like pressing f8 would bring the counters in the bottom right(or wherever) of the screen.  Likewise pressing the same button would hide said information.  Just a thought, maybe it has already been discussed.

also, hi.  New to the forums, love the game.

Would be nice but I don't at the pace DE is going they will be adding any little things like this into the game. At least for now.

Would it be that hard to implement though?  I mean I am not a coding master or anything but it seems almost like something so small that would yield desirable results.

I believe they mentioned something about this several livestreams ago. Basically what I remember is that they will not add anything of such as it will bring in the "oh this ping sucks, YOUR A S&$#Y HOST..." etc etc. Not 100% sure though,

Fraps also works as an FPS counter.

AXCrusnik beat me xD

Edited by AvatreDaemonSadi

I believe they mentioned something about this several livestreams ago. Basically what I remember is that they will not add anything of such as it will bring in the "oh this ping sucks, YOUR A S&$#Y HOST..." etc etc. Not 100% sure though,

ahh, I see your point, sadly I could see that happening as well,  Fraps it is! thanks!

I like the idea.  I'm pretty sure that DE is focusing a lot of their resources to PS4 development right now so these small updates don't get as much attention as we would like.

It's not a bad thing though.  Once the PS4 release comes out, the userbase will explode (in a good way) and that means DE will have greater cash flow and be able to expand their development team, thus, giving us an overall increase in update efficiency.

I like the idea.  I'm pretty sure that DE is focusing a lot of their resources to PS4 development right now so these small updates don't get as much attention as we would like.

It's not a bad thing though.  Once the PS4 release comes out, the userbase will explode (in a good way) and that means DE will have greater cash flow and be able to expand their development team, thus, giving us an overall increase in update efficiency.

PS4 has an entirely separate dedicated team I believe.

Yeah and that's totally understandable. Just making lightbulbs haha. I really don't have any problems this far. The updates and hot fixes have been promising for me

PS4 has an entirely separate dedicated team I believe.

The guys on the live stream mentioned that they we're coming to grips with the PS4 dev kit. These same people also work on the game we know and love. On the live stream they also stated that they wanted the game to be the identical on all platforms.

I'd imagine that they'd develop the majority of the content as universal content and then just have the engine optimised for its respective system. This should hopefully be made relatively easy by the similarities in hardware. Sony is after all aiming for compatibility.

With any luck, once they have the game to platform interface up and running, the content should just click in.

The guys on the live stream mentioned that they we're coming to grips with the PS4 dev kit. These same people also work on the game we know and love. On the live stream they also stated that they wanted the game to be the identical on all platforms.

I'd imagine that they'd develop the majority of the content as universal content and then just have the engine optimised for its respective system. This should hopefully be made relatively easy by the similarities in hardware. Sony is after all aiming for compatibility.

With any luck, once they have the game to platform interface up and running, the content should just click in.

Given the specs of the PS4, I don't see why this would be a problem at all.  Octo-core goodness with GDDR5 =D

Not that it matters to me, I'm a PC guy now (or should I say, once again).

I wish the PS4 crowd could integrate with the PC crowd, but there is a low chance of that happening.