Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My own take on Ember's kit.

TwilitAngel

Just my own take on changes to Ember. Feel free to give feedback and keep in mind these are just some of my opinions that are subject to change over time.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current Passive: Ignition - Ember is empowered by flames. Any time Ember suffers a Heat proc, she gains 35% Ability Strength for the duration and regenerates 10 points of Energy for every second she is ablaze.
(Let's be honest with this. Why exactly would you want to set yourself on fire? Our current passive makes Ember masochistic. XD )
Suggestion: Ember deals more damage to enemies on fire.
(Simple, more useful than our current one, easy for all players to understand.)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current 1: Fireball - Launches a fiery projectile. It deals fire damage on contact and moderate fire damage to any who enter the lingering flames.
Can be charged for a bigger blast and longer lasting napalm.
Suggestion: No real changes, just something like adding a knockdown on hit. Maybe speed up the charge time and make duration affect the napalms too.
Possibly make it lock down the enemy it hits directly. Think about when you take down a capture target. Imagine making enemies roll around on fire. Gotta stop drop and roll guys.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current 2: Accelerant - Stun nearby enemies with strong accelerant. Increases all fire damage dealt.
Suggestetion: No change. Lower energy cost? Eh.
Current 3: Fire Blast - Slams the ground dealing damage in an area knocking enemies back and creates a lingering ring of fire which deals damage over time.
Shooting through it adds bonus fire damage.
Suggestetion: Not sure what to change except the augment. Lower energy cost? Eh.
Current 4: World On Fire - Deals high fire damage over time. After 5 seconds, range decreases, energy cost increases, and damage doubles.
Suggestion: Apply this ability differently. As it stands now you can press 4 and forget about it running through lower levels just as easily as a Maim Equinox with the right mod setup. This ability is less "World on Fire" and more, "Look at my pet fire that follows me around." If this was an expanding type ability that you place, it would feel much better to use. Think about a Banshee Soundquake mixed with Oberon's Hallowed Ground. (An expanding carpet dps, no cc except fire procs.) We hate timers, so probably an energy per/sec still, and no locking you in place like Banshee. A simple toggle ability, but if you go too far from the area it automatically toggles off. You are the heat source, you can't just leave. This idea just sounds really fun to me. The augment might need a change if this idea became a reality though.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, before any of you comment about survivability... "Ember is the original damage caster frame, offering low survivability in exchange for high offense." 
I am trying to keep this in mind suggesting any change to her. Her "survivability" in already there in her 2, a stun, and 3, a knockback. Thus "low" survivability. No damage reduction. Bring a Bless Trinity, Ward Nezha, etc. Stop asking for Overheat back.

Edited by TwilitAngel

Actually I have some critiques you can add. Fire Blast is an immobile ability where standing still in this game means a quick death for such a defensively weak frame, most enemies avoid the ring, it's augment only works if they walk up to the ring then take damage from it, and once through the small ring they stop taking damage. Fire Fright should be her first abilities augment since Flash Accelerant has the same effect but hits all allies in range as well as adding casting speed. Accelerant has a wasteful effect with duration, meaning it has to constantly be recast every time new enemies spawn. I say Accelerant could stand to be an aura based ability similar to Equinox's Pacify & Provoke ability with the ring effect so we can see the range, enemies that enter only are stunned once but retain the boost in damage they would normally receive from Accelerant and keep the effect if they leave. I think it would be cool if Fire Blast expanded. But enough about what I wish could happen because I know it never will. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Fire Blast is an immobile ability where standing still in this game means a quick death for such a defensively weak frame, most enemies avoid the ring, it's augment only works if they walk up to the ring then take damage from it, and once through the small ring they stop taking damage

Only really useful against infested, but yeah. I totally agree, but can't think of an ability tweak for it at the moment. My Zelda nerd side kicked in just talking about Fire Blast though. The ability already kind of reminds me of Din's Fire from Ocarina of Time. XD

If that ring spread out idk how that would feel with that new tweak they gave it. Possibly tap it to do fire blast the way it already is, but hold it to make the ring expand outward? I feel like the charge mechanic on Fireball could be moved to Fireblast. I do like the little napalm effect they gave Fireball. It would be neat if she could catch herself on fire with that to use her current passive. Obviously shouldn't really hurt you. Like passing through it causes a lvl 1 heat proc on yourself.

Idk how I feel about accelerant being an aura. Especially with the augment. Wouldn't want another Chroma. Gotta stay in range for my buff. Lol.

Edited by TwilitAngel

25 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Only really useful against infested, but yeah. I totally agree, but can't think of an ability tweak for it at the moment. My Zelda nerd side kicked in just talking about Fire Blast though. The ability already kind of reminds me of Din's Fire from Ocarina of Time. XD

If that ring spread out idk how that would feel with that new tweak they gave it. Possibly tap it to do fire blast the way it already is, but hold it to make the ring expand outward? I feel like the charge mechanic on Fireball could be moved to Fireblast. I do like the little napalm effect they gave Fireball. It would be neat if she could catch herself on fire with that to use her current passive. Obviously shouldn't really hurt you. Like passing through it causes a lvl 1 heat proc on yourself.

Idk how I feel about accelerant being an aura. Especially with the augment. Wouldn't want another Chroma. Gotta stay in range for my buff. Lol.

I think you may be right about the aura, but it does need tweaks. Too much range and you're stunning enemies you don't see. But you need range for WoF since it was nerfed. Too much duration and you have a timer for no reason. The only good thing about duration is Flash Accelerant lasts the full duration even if allies leave the range. I still think if they don't change Fire Blast the augment should be switched to her 1 since it would help with the CC that we now lack. 

I don’t see any difference.  You’re take is essentially the same just with slightly lower energy cost, which isn’t an issue if building for even some efficiency.  Your take also plays too fair.  With no increased survivability or no real increase in scaling damage, nothing changes here.  Also, a frame shouldn’t have to rely on another frame being there just to be good.  The solution is to either give self sustain or give threshold breaking damage. Not just bring trinity.  That’s how I see it anyway, I might be wrong, it’s possible.

2 hours ago, robbybe01234 said:

I don’t see any difference.  You’re take is essentially the same just with slightly lower energy cost, which isn’t an issue if building for even some efficiency.  Your take also plays too fair.  With no increased survivability or no real increase in scaling damage, nothing changes here.  Also, a frame shouldn’t have to rely on another frame being there just to be good.  The solution is to either give self sustain or give threshold breaking damage. Not just bring trinity.  That’s how I see it anyway, I might be wrong, it’s possible.

I made a suggestion of moving her Fire Fright augment to her 1st ability augment. It would be cheap, give better area control since the enemies would panic upon touching the Napalm like fire she leaves behind. It would actually give it better use, or even a reason to actually charge it at least. 

8 hours ago, robbybe01234 said:

The solution is to either give self sustain or give threshold breaking damage

Volt has neither of these and he's fine. His augment for discharge gives him somewhat of a sustain with overshields, but that's really it. He just has a lot of cc in his kit compared to Ember. This new ult suggestion I made could possibly give more cc rather than 5 enemies, since it burns everything near you. You set the world on fire. The ult we currently have is more like RNG fire geysers.

Edited by TwilitAngel

45 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Volt has neither of these and he's fine. His augment for discharge gives him somewhat of a sustain with overshields, but that's really it. He just has a lot of cc in his kit compared to Ember. This new ult suggestion I made could possibly give more cc rather than 5 enemies, since it burns everything near you. You set the world on fire. The ult we currently have is more like RNG fire geysers.

Weird that you think his kit doesn't have sustain.  Volt has shields that block bullets.  That's pretty good sustain. 

4 minutes ago, robbybe01234 said:

Weird that you think his kit doesn't have sustain.  Volt has shields that block bullets.  That's pretty good sustain. 

Too bad Bombard rockets laugh at your shield and the blast hits you anyway. The shield is more of a cc than a sustain. The refilling overshield is sustain. Maybe give Ember some benefits killing enemies on fire for a sustain of some kind.

I encourage you to retest that with volt.  If the rocket passes the shield to explode at your side or behind you then yes, you'll get hit.  But all effects are nullified if it makes contact with the shield itself.  Comon man!  You even got a volt avatar. haha Volt's pretty good huh?

1 hour ago, robbybe01234 said:

I encourage you to retest that with volt.  If the rocket passes the shield to explode at your side or behind you then yes, you'll get hit.  But all effects are nullified if it makes contact with the shield itself.  Comon man!  You even got a volt avatar. haha Volt's pretty good huh?

I will have to retest that. Last time I checked the explosion still hits through the shield like when a rocket hits a Frost Snowglobe. The explosion radius still hits inside. It would be funny if the rockets bounced off Volt's shield like Chroma can do. I find that very entertaining to watch a Bombard shoot me and watch the missile ricochet off of me. XD

Yeah. Volt has come a long way. I started the game with him back when warframe abilities were still mods, stamina was a thing, and we had Parkour 1.0. I somewhat miss the old parkour just a bit for the obstacle course and the void treasure rooms. Parkour 2.0 kind of ruined that experience for me.

Edited by TwilitAngel