Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Endgame And A Challenge - What Do We Expect For Warframe's Future?

Eisvogel

Been there, done that..... That's how i unlocked every planet and mission, except the higher defense waves... i can solo them now up to wave 5 and beyond... but at that point, i lacked the frames and gear to do the job. For every other mission, i soloed them... i liked to play at my own pace to find things and shortcuts, and there was also hardly anyone playing missions other than defense anyways... i also wasn't in any clan at that point (PugLand is a big no no).

And i didn't find it challenging at all, cheap sometimes.... like with hyena... i lacked firepower to beat such a massive bullet sponge regardless of my gaming skills, and i had no potatos. I was able to overcome that with ammo boxes, good ol' regular lato and a simple trick to be able to focus fire on hyena while not constantly on the line of fire.

Now..... How about doing something productive for the game and giving some actual feedback? =)

Self imposed challenges and punishing oneself will hardly fix the game or the people getting bored with nothing to do.

well you know, derps gonna derp, wish we could have a -1 button and a slap button, (now tahts feedback :3)

in what way you mean phobos was a failure?

I would also like to know. Phobos is not perfect and needs it's own boss but other than that it is still awsome planet.

Let me clarify a bit... the tilesets are real nice, and the desert theme is a good change of view (reminds me of good ol' Tatooine..... SW fan :P). But that's a bout it.... without even bringing up the lame issue of the "boss" there...... it's just more dots of the same stuff that had us bored already. And i put it out as failure because it boomed upon release (like anything new), we got bored at the middle (after 5 missions i was already like ... meh) and then after farming mitter and gremlins... that was it, see ya around Phobos..... never xD. And a lot of people experienced the same, the amount of squads in Phobos dramatically reduced until almost non-existant in a day of its release....

And let's not talk about logic..... because i really don't want to get into that :P :P...... (Sabotage in the desert?.... LOLWUT? .... Ship integrity compromised? O_O LOLWUT x2?..... What's gonna blow? The desert? The whole planet? ARE WE STEERING THE PLANET INTO A SUN? lol.... :P)

Edited by Eisvogel

Let me clarify a bit... the tilesets are real nice, and the desert theme is a good change of view (reminds me of good ol' Tatooine..... SW fan :P). But that's a bout it.... without even bringing up the lame issue of the "boss" there...... it's just more dots of the same stuff that had us bored already. And i put it out as failure because it boomed upon release (like anything new), we got bored at the middle (after 5 missions i was already like ... meh) and then after farming mitter and gremlins... that was it, see ya around Phobos..... never xD. And a lot of people experienced the same, the amount of squads in Phobos dramatically reduced until almost non-existant in a day of its release....

And let's not talk about logic..... because i really don't want to get into that :P :P...... (Sabotage in the desert?.... LOLWUT? .... Ship integrity compromised? O_O LOLWUT x2?..... What's gonna blow? The desert? The whole planet? ARE WE STEERING THE PLANET INTO A SUN? lol.... :P)

You make a valid point about logic in these mission types in regular gameplay but new maps are always a welcome change even if it amounts to nothing more as a new backdrop to farm. I personally it. Though I do have my critiques. I agree that some mission types make no sense in their current state and new mission types or adjusting mission types we already have to fit the theme of the location. Like for example assault missions, since we are grinneer grounds we should be attacking them where it hurts and there should not be defense missions here. Maybe endless assault?

well they didn't answer my question directly but I feel satisfied.

That and the fact that they're actually working for new stuffs in the future sounds good yeah? :3 A double stage boss might work out, I can imagine a Megaman Legends 2-ish magma reaverbot battle now.. Of course, we aren't as strong as "Trigger", and we aren't fighting gigantic machinations built to prote........

Orokin boss anyone? :D

-snip-

You know i was actually paying attention to see if they named you and answered your question? =P

Anyhow, for now and for update 10... my main hopes are with the new 2 stage Golem. I really really really REALLY, hope it's something awesome and in the lines of what we've been discussing in this thread and not simply just a big walking target with immunity phases.

Edited by Eisvogel

You know i was actually paying attention to see if they named you and answered your question? =P

Anyhow, for now and for update 10... my main hopes are with the new 2 stage Golem. I really really really REALLY, hope it's something awesome and in the lines of what we've been discussing in this thread and not simply just a big walking target with immunity phases.

I was pretty much saddened when I read the transcription on reddit and saw the question "generalized"...I still have to watch the stream after all. But my hope was not misplaced. :>

It seems DE might get them a new design council member. :3

And since DE has decided it's okay to take players' money even though it's only a beta, players are entitled to be harsh

Sorry but the only thing this entitles players to is the goods they purchase. Putting money into the game is optional and doesn't make your (or others') opinions more valid. 

Accepting OPTIONAL goods purchasing is regular for beta products in this industry.

hi evryone

i talk a lot with players on this game and we agree about this : WARFRAME NEED PVP !
a simple place, not a big place just a fun place.

We know you can do it !
just make friend group or pickup group.

player want do pvp vs each other, not simply in dojo, its to small and private.

idea :

- 2 pvp place ( by void PVP key same as the Dojo key)
- 2 teams of players     4vs4    8vs8
- friend group / pick up group
- we click on the pvp void mission and we wait, before opening pvp void key if we are in group, it is done for the group.
- you don t care about lvl in pick up mode just try to manage 10 / 20 / 30 separate lvl. (but not really important)

- Goal :
Capture a pod
Kill each other
survival

why not completely remove ALL of your mods (warframe + weapons) so you can play a "self-created difficulty" ?

For the same reason you don't break your legs to challenge yourself in an obstacle race that has no obstacles at all.

Punishing oneself to try to make up for what the game lacks doesn't cut it...... that's what happens with games that lack skill and don't pose a challenge to the player. There's an Extra Credits video than can help you grasp the concept better about difficulty and challenge in games.

I can confirm that Atlantica Online has monster info. It runs in multiple forms: Basic Info, Item Info, Location Info, and Origin Info. These go into a "Beastinary" (Not the word they use) that can then be organized by level and alphabetically.

If DE was going to do that (Which I think is a great idea) they should do something like:

Basic Info : Name, Group Classification (Infested, Orokin etc.,) Tilesets found, maybe a "Quirk" that gives the enemy a bit of personality.

Example:  Orokin Sentinel, Classification: Orokin, Found in: Void Locations, Orokin Derelect (coming soon!), This enemy shields its allies in battle giving a buff to shield strength.

Lore Info: Lore information on the enemy

Example: Orokin Sentinels were originally designed to be caretakers for the void towers, however after the towers slowly were being looted the defense AI retasked the sentinel as a support based platform to protect the secrets of the Orokin.

Tactical Info: Information on what damages the creature the best, and what it drops. Maybe at this point DE could impliment a global system so that the drop items are relevant towards a larger population. So if 40k Sentinels die and each drop an item the numbers will be better then say 1k sentinels.

-snip-

hi skullcompany and welcome to our little thread

While i agree that pvp could be fun in this game, i must respectfully decline the offer :P

there are some threads that give a good way to do it ( pvp specific warframes and weapons) but in general it would make balancing an absolute nightmare.  can you imagine what itd be like to go up against ash and his bladestorm or frosts globe?  rhino's armor?

not trying to poke holes in your post, but i think that what we're asking for is more for depth of content rather than something new.

Phobos so far is impressive as a tileset, and the grineer hellions, although somewhat ridiculously mobile and armored with ranged multirocket launchers(a tad redonculous if you ask me) its still the same.   I ran through the second mission in like 2 minutes since it was raid and managed to run past most of the grineer....

I watched most of livestream #12 and was sorta, kinda impressed, and depressed at the same time haha

Impressed because they addressed some issues, depressed because they really didn't answer those issues.  was just more of the same, o but with leaderboards now.  I have no issues with comparing, but it kinda goes more to remove the co-op factor and now its going to be who can kill/rush more and quicker respectively in the amount of time.  i have hopes but it seems like they're just that, hopes.

-snip-

Hello friend.

While pvp is nice in some games and it's what keeps the game alive (i couldn't get enough of APB, and getting called a hacker by pawning a 4 noob team all alone was BLISS.... I only quit playing because my regulars and friends moved onto another games), that is not the case for Warframe.

First of all, the hosting with p2p should be taking into consideration (don't expect to see tenno everywhere in a battlefield, squads of 4 already have enough problems with the game as it is).

Second, this is a PvE game, and balancing towards PvP takes time and focus... and has to be done in a way that doesn't affect PvE (PvP specific mods, rules, etc, etc, etc). And still, the game is in no way fit for PvP focus. Some frames will always be OP and break the game, and there's absolutely no skill in winning..... because there's no mechanics in Warframe that involve any actual skill (i laugh so hard at scrubs claiming they are good because they kill others in PvP, i never get enough LOLs from PvP threads out there). That's also why the dojos are always empty, people get bored of dueling and go out (ever seen a frost cast globe with stretch maxed and just lol at his opponent?). Bottom line is, WarFrame has no mechanics to sustain a skilled/fun PvP.

Anyway, this is a suggestion thread about the game as it is and it's mechanics and current PVE gameplay. Feel free to make a PVP thread (actually don't since it's a taboo topic already addressed at FAQ and live-streams). I don't wanna bring PvP discussions into this thread, nor it's among the goals i made this thread for.

Thanks for the feedback anyways.

Sorry but the only thing this entitles players to is the goods they purchase. Putting money into the game is optional and doesn't make your (or others') opinions more valid. 

Accepting OPTIONAL goods purchasing is regular for beta products in this industry.

agreed, founders dont have any crowns, they are boot-licking peasants just like the rest of us

Hello friend.

While pvp is nice in some games and it's what keeps the game alive (i couldn't get enough of APB, and getting called a hacker by pawning a 4 noob team all alone was BLISS.... I only quit playing because my regulars and friends moved onto another games), that is not the case for Warframe.

First of all, the hosting with p2p should be taking into consideration (don't expect to see tenno everywhere in a battlefield, squads of 4 already have enough problems with the game as it is).

Second, this is a PvE game, and balancing towards PvP takes time and focus... and has to be done in a way that doesn't affect PvE (PvP specific mods, rules, etc, etc, etc). And still, the game is in no way fit for PvP focus. Some frames will always be OP and break the game, and there's absolutely no skill in winning..... because there's no mechanics in Warframe that involve any actual skill (i laugh so hard at scrubs claiming they are good because they kill others in PvP, i never get enough LOLs from PvP threads out there). That's also why the dojos are always empty, people get bored of dueling and go out (ever seen a frost cast globe with stretch maxed and just lol at his opponent?). Bottom line is, WarFrame has no mechanics to sustain a skilled/fun PvP.

Anyway, this is a suggestion thread about the game as it is and it's mechanics and current PVE gameplay. Feel free to make a PVP thread (actually don't since it's a taboo topic already addressed at FAQ and live-streams). I don't wanna bring PvP discussions into this thread, nor it's among the goals i made this thread for.

Thanks for the feedback anyways.

the top 100 crap on the events makes the game concentrate on indirect pvp

the top 100 crap on the events makes the game concentrate on indirect pvp

At least they stopped doing it so i think they are learning from their mistakes and feedback from players, that's why i think we can keep believing in them... there aren't many teams out there like this one, caring that much for their players and involving themselves to this extent.

At least they stopped doing it so i think they are learning from their mistakes and feedback from players, that's why i think we can keep believing in them... there aren't many teams out there like this one, caring that much for their players and involving themselves to this extent.

ofc we can believe in them, they upload content recommended by fans, who does that? name me one remote game that does it for free, also all the concept art they do is amazing, they just need to grow as a company at the same rate their game grows

ofc we can believe in them, they upload content recommended by fans, who does that? name me one remote game that does it for free, also all the concept art they do is amazing, they just need to grow as a company at the same rate their game grows

true enough :3

while not an endgame content...

How about a stage with random speedboostpads or some sort of nightmare "buff/debuff" thing that gives you about 75% of Volt's speed buff.

But you have to cross a nice chasm where you need to be precise with your step or you fall down to the never ending pit of returntothestartofpit thing.

So much angst to be generated, so much skill to be gained. /o/

Edit:
Or just a tile

MY HEART IS RACING FROM TOO MUCH ENERGY DRINKZZZZ

Edited by Erusa

¨I love Warframe. Gameplay, leveling, mods, crafting.
But there is one think i realy dont like.

Map.

Now you have some planets. Few dots for mission.
But it feels same. Only diference is on drop resources and Boss mission.
There is no feel of space. When you look at original Dark Sector trailer, you
have feeling of spaceship travel in galaxy.
Explore new ships, asteroids, planet bases.

Now there is nothing to explore. Now i play a game just to
collect more characters and weapons. I already have all i want.
My Ash is maxed. Iam able to play stealth from begining to end of mission ( defense doesnt count)

My solutions is this:

Make map more like open world map. Look at map in Fallout 1, 2.
You have few cities and you travel from one to another.
You can have random event on journey. You simply cannot jump from
Arroyo to NCR.

Now in Warfame you can go anywhere. Split a second. Blink. You are there.

Imagine like you have map for every planet. In center of map is planet.
In center of map is one big mothership. Not randomly generated.
Mothership with boss, high level enemies, complex rooms. ( not just coridor from A to B )
Some not generated places make feel of real place. Our dojo is still same.
If there is everthing randomly generated, i feel like : Ok , another few rooms linked together.

You have your ship. Your spaceship have some speed ( could be upgradeable ).
Your ship have rooms inside ( like in dojo ). Look on Milenium Falcon interior.

You must travel from spaceship to spaceship. It takes tame.
I cannot jump from one corner of galaxy to oposite corner.

You can invite or be invited to some friends ship.
Like : Hi, bro. Iam on Hyena Mothership. Can you help me?
And your friend will be teleported to your ship.
Ship of your friend will be on Phobos system.
So he can take you to Phobos.

My idea is you have a ship. Ship have a radar. You travel from planet to planet.
You see some corpus ship on radar. Lotus tell, what type of mission and resources are inside.
you will choose to attack or not.

It also can add new type of mission. Your ship is captured by Corpus or Grineer.
( just like Millenium Falcon was captured to Deathstar )
You have to escape from prison just with basic kogage and lato.
Go from A ( prison cell ) to B hangar with your ship.

This will give a game feel of Tennos are hunted.
Now iam a hunting corpus, grineer, infestation.
They just waits in their ships to me killed be us.
If you die on mission, nothing hapend. No fear.
You dont have to be sucesfull.

And my second issue is. Pls, let players make missions.
Basic is dojo. Improve it.  If players can build mission. Link rooms together.
Choose level of enemies. Drop of resources. Nightmare modifications.
Fire or freeze enviroment effect. And add some text to mission.
Exactly like is in dojo now.

Imagine if someone build few missions and pack them on minicampign.

First mission: Corpus ship - collect data. - data will give you location of corpus officer.

Second mission : Corpus ship - capture. captured officer give you location of Hyena boss.

Third mission: Corpus base - assasination. kill Hyena she will drop some blueprint.

This type of mission could be taken from some Tenno hub.
Like actual dojo but for everyone. In every Planet system ( map ) wil be one.
You will accept mission ( like in Borderlands 1 - not story missions from machine box )
on hub. It makes mark on map screen. You travel to mark. Finish mission and travel back to hub.

This will solve problem of repetitive content. At least little bit.
Also players can add some lore to Warframe.

I love setting of game. Artdirection is awesome. Story is none. :(
Your Tenno espaced from Captain Vor on begining of game.
And then you grind for more and more weapons and stuff.

Dont do same mistake like all MMO.  Leveling is tool. Not goal.

And about Endgame.

I want to make my own warfame. Take one skill from rhino, one from frost....... and create my own special warframe.

This will make a target, a goal, a reason to play.

----------------------------

Sorry of bad gramar. Enjoy a game. Thanks DE for this game.
I like a way of creating fanbase, livestream, desing council etc.
I know how hard is a make a videogame. Good work.