Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A C-Map Infested Defense For Ferrite?

InsomniacOvrLrd

Hey there. Hear me out.

As someone sitting on mastery rank 8, i've got some pretty decently leveled mods. Not many things left to build in the foundry, really. I'm swimming in resources, after all the defense i've played. Palus, Outer Terminus, Xini, Io, all dropping valuable resources and mods.

I'm going to speak for everyone who's played this game more than 60 hours with a broad, sweeping generalization here.

We play xini because it's the most rewarding mission for us to play.

The apparently old, C defense map used 100% of the time on Xini and Io spawns WAY more enemies per wave than any of the other defense maps. More than mobile defense on kappa. More than defense on the outpost maps. More than the grineer maps.

We play map C against the infested because it's simply the only mission worth our time to do. The much higher enemy count gives us more chances at mod drops and resource drops per wave. Playing any other map mission combo (there are others, but Io and Xini are the most common) are simply THE MOST efficient way for us to play.

Back to my original point. Ferrite.

Being the player i am, with 300+ hours and all but 2 of the warframes, farming ferrite is most efficiently done...where? Oh yeah, Mercury.  The only way to get the stuff without wasting hours in missions on other planets (earth drops rubedo more often, and neptune drops what, spores?) is to do runs on Mprime.  That's a mission my sentinel can do without breaking a sweat. It's certainly no fun for me to zip through as loki with a maxed rush over and over and over to get a couple hundred ferrite per run, but this is, by your design, the recommended way to acquire ferrite. One of the most common building materials.

What i mean to get across in all this is that, unless you have some REASON to be on mercury (just started the game), going BACK to mercury to frown your way from locker to locker is an incredibly tedious, boring letdown of the time i COULD be using to get materials AND mods, in much higher volumes elsewhere.

So, make a mission like xini that drops ferrite.

OR, increase the number of enemies on earth defense by at least 2x to half match the crowds we prefer to fight on xini. We'll be buried in rubedo, sure, but at least it's better than sleepwalking through mprime over and over and over again.

Wish i was a bit more eloquent, but here's a TL:DR

TL:DR - we play xini and io because more mobs per wave = more stuff to get = the only reason we play there. Ferrite is boring as hell to get for anyone above lv1. No one wants to farm mercury. Give us a place that is challenging, has a high mob count to make it worth our time, and above all, ferrite.

PS, really there should be a good go-to defense to grind ALL the common materials. Maybe make us give a crap about those unplayed mission types by making mats drop more frequently during them? Or, move ferrite off of mercury, put it on neptune as the primary?  What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

You want DefenseFrame to get more...defensive?No,thank you

The other solution i presented was to give us a reason to ever play any of the other missions.

DO you enjoy playing missions that you know, for a flat fact, are nowhere near as efficient uses of your time? In a game that is 100% grinding, you'd think you'd be interested in a way to make that grinding hurt a little less. What's your solution, smartguy~

Yes, yes I do. But that's because I enjoy the gameplay.

Alright. So, what about the rest of us who have nothing left to do in the game but xini all day?  The other missions need to be worth doing from a practicality standpoint. You called it 'defense frame'. It's not by some fluke DE made defense the most rewarding gametype by far. It's apparently what they were going for. So they should either commit and go all the way with it, and give us areas to farm the most common resources that don't involve taking the sentinel for a walk and picking up the ferrite that falls out of lv5 grineer, OR they should simply follow through with their design goal of making defense the only gametype we feel like playing.

I'm not really down with how combative you've been on it. You can't just dismiss this like it's not an issue because you just so happen to really like spy missions.  There are more people that play this game than yourself, and a ton of people have nothing to do that feels worthwhile in this game but Xini.  What is your solution to this problem?

Alright. So, what about the rest of us who have nothing left to do in the game but xini all day?  The other missions need to be worth doing from a practicality standpoint. You called it 'defense frame'. It's not by some fluke DE made defense the most rewarding gametype by far. It's apparently what they were going for. So they should either commit and go all the way with it, and give us areas to farm the most common resources that don't involve taking the sentinel for a walk and picking up the ferrite that falls out of lv5 grineer, OR they should simply follow through with their design goal of making defense the only gametype we feel like playing.

I'm not really down with how combative you've been on it. You can't just dismiss this like it's not an issue because you just so happen to really like spy missions.  There are more people that play this game than yourself, and a ton of people have nothing to do that feels worthwhile in this game but Xini.  What is your solution to this problem?

Wow...you realize I'm not the other guys right?

First off, I'd rather see the resources moved away from defenses, which you claim it's best there, but I don't think so. There's a lot of theories as to the best. The only real thing is that defense is the most lazy form of it. You may think it's hard to push into wave 15, 20, etc, but the reality is that there isn't much to it other than just having the right frame/weapon with the right mods backing you up, and then blowing the entire wave up all at once. I personally believe mobile defense to be the best if you have a high kill speed team, otherwise for solo I believe it's capture/sabotage due to the higher chance for parkour rooms which have naturally higher resource drop rates in them.

My solution to this "problem" is to remove ferrite from so many items and replace with other materials.

You need 84k total ferrite to build everything once.

You need 103.3k total salvage to build everything once.

You need 8.4k total polymer bundles to build everything once.

You need 41.3k total nano spores to build everything once.

That is the current balance of common level resources.

For your "problem" I don't really understand it. You don't think neptune is a choice because it can also drop nano spores? You don't think earth is a choice because it's not level 60?

Personally I'd rather see maps like xini removed. It just encourages certain frames to be played dramatically more than the rest and let's face it, infested defense is a joke compared to the others, especially grineer.

Neptune's defense is not a realistic option for ferrite. Ferrite is the uncommon drop, and drops are scant enough as they are without hoping for the 1/10 ish odds for the second drop a planet offers. That basically means that you could farm defense on neptune, but have to do it 10 times as long. the gameplay would be more fun, but it's a gigantic waste of time.

This whole thread is a bit moot, with the changes they've made to the drop system.

Unfortunately, they didn't provide any information as to WHO drops WHAT and WHAT changes at any particular level.

De, are you going to tell us now that you've made big changes, or do we have to wait for pwnatron to hack the game to get us the new drop tables? We shouldn't have to rely on that kind of information gathering to NOT waste time, don't you think?