The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus lens icons removed.

MealeaYing

Hi guys!

For some reason focus lenses have had their school icons removed both in the bounties screen in Cetus, ones inventory, and the foundry. This is not all that helpful, now they all look the same and while the name of the school appears next to or under them, the visual cue that was removed turns out to have been very helpful.

Can they be brought back?

Cheers!

Mealea

Just now, ItzRedix said:

Lets say you're doing a bounty, then you get a lens, once you see the Lens icon you will think it's (for example) Zenurik lens, which you wanted, but it turns out to be Naramon lens, so they shouldn't be removed.

Okay, but what does it matter during the bounty? You can't use the lense there. And it's not like having the icon changes the outcome of the drop. So again, how does the icon help, if the name is right next to the lense?

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Okay, but what does it matter during the bounty? You can't use the lense there. And it's not like having the icon changes the outcome of the drop. So again, how does the icon help, if the name is right next to the lense?

You could say that about literally any item drop. I mean, might as well suggest removing all the items' icons, because "we can't use the item in-mission, and we can read the text anyways, right?".

I don't think I've noticed OP's issue yet, but if it's as he describes, then there's really no reason to not reimplement the icons. The fact that they're gone just sounds like a minor bug, honestly.

It's not a bug, they were removed for some reason, and now they are ugly and less intuitive for lack of a better way of putting it. If they did this with warframe skins people would have a fit. Honestly it looks like someone whos not all that good at photoshop cloned out the school symbols, its sloppy, generic and subtracts from their usefulness.

The fact is though its mostly cosmetic, but was also informational, I have a lot of lenses, and now they all look exactly the same. They didn't before and were much more easy to sort through to see what I have, what I can do and so on. 

Focus is enough of a pain in the ass without having the fun, pretty, and useful parts stripped away.