Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Running Ahead - More Co-Op Doors?

Humanity

Recently I've gotten really fed up with joining random online games and always having that one or two guys that run ahead of everyone else.  Listen I know you guys are in a real hurry, but maybe try humoring the rest of us and staying with the group.

Two runs in a row on a rescue missions I lost precious plastid drops and 4 orokin cells because this one guy kept running ahead with the hostage, inevitably getting surrounded by infested.  Now if he dies then thats fine, no one will get there in time to revive him anyway, but the hostage kept getting killed - something that I've literally never seen happen before.  This happened twice in a row and was infuriating.

Another time I was in a mission where the lights started flickering and I get those friendly messages from the Stalker mini boss.  Cool, I thought, maybe he will drop some blueprints.  Unfortunately my team had run way ahead, past most enemies without killing them, so I got ambushed by the Stalker by myself surrounded by Grineer.  It didn't help that I was on my Nyx frame that isn't really suited for 1-on-1 offensive combat.

I don't really like co-op doors that much, but I'm seriously thinking this game needs 4 person co-op doors every 2 sections.  It's either that or come up with some system where the people that want to run the level for a very specific purpose and ignore enemies/run ahead don't get grouped with others.  I very much enjoy the "team" aspect of Warframe and when one or two people decide to sprint ahead it breaks the game in a lot of ways.

I feel your pain as I've lost a few rescue missions due to people rushing ahead, but hopefully people will lose this habit on rescue missions as they find out how ineffective it is. Also, I find co-op doors to be more annoying than having to restart a mission. 

With all other missions, if I wanted to be part of an organised team which sticks together, I would invite my friends to a game, forcing one's own play-style on random others is a bit crude. 

I've had the same issue here many times, and thought about quitting the game a couple times for this reason. When I started playing, trying to XP my Excalibur, most of the time I was left alone trying to farm some stuffs or just killing ennemies to get some XP. And I agree that it gets really annoying when it comes to hostage missions, when the hostage gets killed for this reason. Had the same problem with the Stalker too. It was my first encounter with him, and I simply get killed because I was left alone. So sometimes, when I get pissed and see that people around me starts running, I do the same and just kill everything around me, and finish the game with the best killing rate so they don't get much more XP from the mission. Damn, this is coop game guys ! If you want to rush like that, play solo and don't bother us.

Nyx has it the easiest solo  (along with Loki, but she does Def and rescue much easier), so I am not sure why you got an issue. A maxed stretch chaos will do a lot of stupid and hilarious things.

Edited by fatpig84

I've always been in the mind set that your only as fast as your slowest man, and play by that rule (being the tank player i am). It only bites me in the &#! on 2 types of missions. 

Rescue
Nightmare : No shields / energy

If you have some one that rushes way ahead on these missions it normal ends up in fail. Look its cool if you want to bolt miles ahead in the other missions be my guest. But if your doing a rescue or the nightmare mission with no shield / energy can you please put it in neutral.

Edited by Huffshee

Just play solo or privately/inviteonly with friends. To me this game sucks online with randoms. There are too many other problems than just the rushers...

For example, here's my list:

• The lag causes sufferable amounts of problems to AI. Most of the AI don't even fight back.
  • High level warframes are insanely overpowered in certain areas and just vaporize whole rooms before anyone else can even take a swing with a weapon.
  • Hacking terminals requires a stupid insta-hack-key in order to not get intruder detected every single time, which summons enemies.
  • Enemies sometimes spawn directly on top of the player.
  • Occasionally the controls will get stuck and the warframe can't change their weapons, fire their weapons, reverse their camera, or pick up items.
  • When diving off into a bottomless pit warframes can sometimes get stuck in an infinite rewind loop of diving off into the pit.
  • Camera controls melee direction never remembers it was saved to be unchecked.
  • Subsequent wall climbings require the camera to be facing the wall. This is not hard for mouse and keyboard, and it's not impossible for a controller, but it's not intuitive nor is it friendly.
  • Using inventory items isn't even possible with a controller right now unless you have controller software to macro mouse inputs like Pinnacle Game Profiler.
  • There is no temporary invulnerability when being knocked down by several enemies and you can just be killed instantly if unlucky. This is tied closely to using a revive which also has no temporary invulnerability so players can be instantly killed before even regaining a visual of what's going on after spectating.
  • Some EARLY bosses can't even be killed with certain newbie warframe loadouts. Example: Two new Excalibur players with a shotgun against Councilor Vay Hek.
  • While the game has controller support, there is none for the UI.
  • Can't map the Xbox button as a button. Probably because they plan on porting it to consoles, but on the PC I should be able to use that as a button.
  • Controller modifiers also aren't supported. Example: Left Bumper + X can be different from X.
Edited by PlasmicRedX

Two runs in a row on a rescue missions I lost precious plastid drops and 4 orokin cells because this one guy kept running ahead with the hostage, inevitably getting surrounded by infested.  Now if he dies then thats fine, no one will get there in time to revive him anyway, but the hostage kept getting killed - something that I've literally never seen happen before.  This happened twice in a row and was infuriating.

So are you saying you all got the hostage, and then he took the hostage who moves pretty slowly to the exit while you couldn't keep up?

Or he ran ahead though the map, got to the cells, opened several found the hostage and took him out of jail and away at the hostages slow move rate before you could even get there?

Do you know the sprint, slide, spint slide way of moving - I play frost/saryn who aren't fast and don't get left behind?  Or did you get lost trying to follow the indicator on the minimap?  In which case did you realise the up/down arrow shows you whether the exit you are heading for is above/beneath you?

Edited by DeathByDribbling

Play Mobile Defense and Endless Defense, never worry again about rushers :D

Yeah, then you just have to worry about the door humpers.

I don't like the concept of lots of co-op doors. It breaks the flow of the map. Plus, some of us using Ash or Loki tend to scout ahead for secret rooms and alternate paths before falling back to the group. Using co-op doors everywhere would prevent that, and would slow down the mission progress a lot, always waiting for someone to get to the door to open it with you.

A system rewarding group play via extra credits or a rare mod or blueprint or something for X amount of time the whole team spends in the same map tiles, for example, would be the best way to curb rushers.

Just play solo or privately/inviteonly with friends. To me this game sucks online with randoms. There are too many other problems than just the rushers...

I on average don't have an issue with playing the game with randoms - it's just the rare instance of rushers that ruin it for me.

Sure Co-op doors are lame but it's an issue solution until they can come up with some more intricate mission objectives that might require more than 1 person pressing a button.

Another idea would be to make something like going out of bounds in a Battlefield game where the game will tell you that you're moving too far away from the pack and you'll start losing health after a countdown - but that sounds even worse than co-op doors to be honest.

I don't always have the privilege to play when my friends are on and playing solo kind of blows.  

A big problem is that high ranked players get grouped in with low rank players.  If someone is taking on a boss for the very first time and they suddenly get this high level Volt who's here to farm for drops and spams the speed ability to run past everything to the boss event then that ruins it for everyone.

So are you saying you all got the hostage, and then he took the hostage who moves pretty slowly to the exit while you couldn't keep up?

Or he ran ahead though the map, got to the cells, opened several found the hostage and took him out of jail and away at the hostages slow move rate before you could even get there?

Do you know the sprint, slide, spint slide way of moving - I play frost/saryn who aren't fast and don't get left behind?  Or did you get lost trying to follow the indicator on the minimap?  In which case did you realise the up/down arrow shows you whether the exit you are heading for is above/beneath you?

This might be my first post on the forums but yah I know how the game works.  Yah the guy simply ran ahead and it wasn't just me but the whole group got left behind.  It has obviously happened to others in this thread as well - trust me before I experienced this I didn't think the hostage could even die because it was never an issue before.