Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lights

Elhazzared

This probably has been debated over and over again but in case it hasn't I'll start this thread.

First off. Grineer galeons are way too dark even under normal circusntaces. It's hard to see enemies although they have no problem whatsoever in seeying us. Worse yet, if you have to destroy the reactor then lights just go out and the flashlight barelly iluminates anything.

So sugestions:

1º Better lights for Grineer Galeons. I'm sorry but I see no reason for there to be a lack of light in them other than $&*^ players with enemies shoting from multiple spots and we having trouble to spot the enemies and fire back. This is not a good way to add difficulty to a game, it's just being an A******.

2º Better flashlight. It's hard to conceive that as far ahead as we are in the future with incredible weaponry and warframes that flashlights are weaker than a small handheld led flashlight I have in my house! And please don't come with the escuse that a bright light would call attention, enemies can see you in pitch black despite you having a flashlight or not so don't give me any BS and just do things properly.

I like the dark brooding atmospheres, and I wouldn't want it changed.

But you're right on par with the flashlight thing.  Highly advanced Warframe technology, and an Energizer powered flashlight?  I'd rather have a night vision toggle or something and make it completely dark when power goes out/low.

Grineer aren't difficult to see because of lighting, it's because they blend in with the ship

Maybe I'm alone, but I wouldn't mind the ability to shift between a few different vision modes (yes ripping off Predator here).

With the advances the Tenno have, I can't imagine their hyper-sophisticated helmets wouldn't have a standard view mode with targeting assistance (placing a reticle on them in the HUD), a night vision, and a thermal vision.

Probably will never happen, but it makes sense to me and would he super useful and cool.

Turning up brigness is not a solution, it's a turn up, turn down, depding on the mission and things are never really good, it's boring work and I won't be assed with it, nor should everyone be assed with it every mission.

And for those who like dark and brooding... So do I, but not being able to see where you step sometimes and not being able to see enemies shooting at you is where I draw the line. Might as well put a blindfold and try to play the game, it won't be much of a difference.

Surely they can incorporate something better than a flashlight that is no more powerful than my maglite I keep at home....

And while I know the flashlight doesn't affect enemy detection or anything like that, it kinda kills the stealthy mood for me knowing I'm shining a bright beam towards my enemies....

Maybe I'm alone, but I wouldn't mind the ability to shift between a few different vision modes (yes ripping off Predator here).

With the advances the Tenno have, I can't imagine their hyper-sophisticated helmets wouldn't have a standard view mode with targeting assistance (placing a reticle on them in the HUD), a night vision, and a thermal vision.

Probably will never happen, but it makes sense to me and would he super useful and cool.

Is it wrong that I was thinking the same thing? Even if it were a mod or something, it would be really cool to have night vision or even thermal vision. Plus it would make sense for professional future assassins to have something like this over a puny little flashlight.

Is it wrong that I was thinking the same thing? Even if it were a mod or something, it would be really cool to have night vision or even thermal vision. Plus it would make sense for professional future assassins to have something like this over a puny little flashlight.

Considering our Military today has incredible advances in technology like this, I don't see why the Tenno wouldn't being hyper-futuristic beings.

I'd be okay with a mod.  Or perhaps a dedicated slot for a toggled vision mode (like the aura slot).

Hell i'd buy it.

I knew I'm not the only one who don't like pitch dark ship interiors. It's not only Grineer ships, some areas on Corpus ships are dark too, but there are only few of them.
If it's supposed to be that way and Grineers can still see me clear as in sunlight, I would like a nightvision of some sort please. Or at least better flashlight, option to turn it off and on would be big help too.

This is the reason why I want better flashlight or nightvision.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156400178

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156400078

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169436915 <-- Can't you see this being on the new Desert map? I'm just in a tunnel. 

Grineer maps are just way to dark for it to be any sort of fun. No, I do not want to increase the brightness. Some places are pitch black even though there is light around the area that should have bounced to that place. Grineer also doesn't seems to be lighting up the place when they fire and they blend in so well with the ship from time to time that I've basically run into Grineer.

This is the reason why I want better flashlight or nightvision.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156400178

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156400078

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169436915 <-- Can't you see this being on the new Desert map? I'm just in a tunnel. 

Grineer maps are just way to dark for it to be any sort of fun. No, I do not want to increase the brightness. Some places are pitch black even though there is light around the area that should have bounced to that place. Grineer also doesn't seems to be lighting up the place when they fire and they blend in so well with the ship from time to time that I've basically run into Grineer.

Plus increasing the brightness would ruin those awesome lighting effects we're seeing, and the really cool glow that energy conduits produce in the dark.

Lets go for alternate toggled visions =)