Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe: Anubis+ Br's Random Arts

Bloodraptor

Nice art, loving it already!

P.S. but maybe instead of the poison attribute it could be sand, because well poison is just too op.

Well the thing is, sand would just bring it more into the Anubis part but take it further from the Warframe part.

I chose toxic damage because:

1. It's already in the game as something that can be used for damage.

2.Has a sickly green aura to it that would fit the "god of death" theme nicely.

3.It is an energy source not used by any of the existing Warframes (afaik).

Poison might seem OP because you have a specific idea in your mind and that is devastating, but realistically this would be balanced to deal on-par damage to other similar frames. The poison itself would pretty much act like Ember's flames, spreading to nearby enemies and causing ticks of damage. the big difference besides the color and special effects would be that this would target and spread unit by unit and spread in a chain of proximity.

Sand would be cool, so would scarabs or locusts. But neither of those would make sense as a power that can be technologically used in the environments or be produced by a suit. Unless Anubis just fills his suit with sand which would be the worst feeling ever!

• 4 weeks later...

I really want a warframe, that doesn't use the Humanoid stance.

This would be a perfect one.

Such as if it was crouching, it would seem more like a dog stance.

and this one more like a opened up stance ready for action.

Just me though.

About the art, It's a nice concept- Trys' too hard to go with the mechanic.Some parts are just all buffed out. It's strange.

• 1 month later...

This is probably, the best warframe submition. If this was in tge game I'd spend all my time getting it and using tge shut out of it. Honestly love the concept, drawing and powers. I prefer the larger ears as Anubis is a jackal and the ears really convey that well. What would his alternate helmet skin be? If you want I could work on it, I'm a decent artist and love working on ideas like this!

3.It is an energy source not used by any of the existing Warframes (afaik).

I thought Saryn used Toxic damage? Her 1 is a poisonous pod, her 3 imbues her weapon in toxic damage and her 4 is a "I'm going to titrate you against acid" (chemistry joke) obliteration spell.

I could be wrong, maybe hers isn't "toxic" damage, but that's what it seems to be from descriptions et cetera.

I thought Saryn used Toxic damage? Her 1 is a poisonous pod, her 3 imbues her weapon in toxic damage and her 4 is a "I'm going to titrate you against acid" (chemistry joke) obliteration spell.

I could be wrong, maybe hers isn't "toxic" damage, but that's what it seems to be from descriptions et cetera.

Do take note that Anubis was posted long before Saryn was public.

This is probably, the best warframe submition. If this was in tge game I'd spend all my time getting it and using tge shut out of it. Honestly love the concept, drawing and powers. I prefer the larger ears as Anubis is a jackal and the ears really convey that well. What would his alternate helmet skin be? If you want I could work on it, I'm a decent artist and love working on ideas like this!

I am glad people still like Anubis! I have received so many contradictory statements about him, too skinny/muscular, too mechanical/organic, too much like the subject matter/not enough. it is a bit tedious tbh, lol! But I have had a few commissions unrelated lately so been busy working on those as a nest egg to move cross-country to give me and the wife a better life, so it may be a bit later but I may redo the design for Anubis and Shard taking into consideration the constructive feedback and recent game changes.

Feel free to post your ideas if you want to, I wouldn't want it to seem like I am stealing from others though (had a bad experience with that) so anything you post as an idea for Anubis in this thread I MAY use for inspiration. I thank all of you for your feedback and support and hope to actually  make something submittable someday!

Do take note that Anubis was posted long before Saryn was public.

Indeed! I didn't even hear about her at all by the time I did this, I may change the powers to a "Time" or "Warp" base which would still allow for some good functionality. My forte is more on the aesthetics of the powers and the look of the frame than stat weights and balance, that is why I asked the community for help on those details :)

I am so sad that this "new" warframe wasn't Anubis. I was giddyer that a school girl when I had seen the reward picture on the operation screen. It looked so much like it could've been Anubis and I was so greatful that they would put in a fanframe like that. Then it turned out to be Frost Prime and all that giddyness was gone faster than a box of thin mints in my house. I am not ungrateful for the new Frost frame (though a bit peved that I JUST got my Frost and bought a orikin reactor for it and instaled it already) I just wish it was your frame. Oh well maby next time right?

I am so sad that this "new" warframe wasn't Anubis. I was giddyer that a school girl when I had seen the reward picture on the operation screen. It looked so much like it could've been Anubis and I was so greatful that they would put in a fanframe like that. Then it turned out to be Frost Prime and all that giddyness was gone faster than a box of thin mints in my house. I am not ungrateful for the new Frost frame (though a bit peved that I JUST got my Frost and bought a orikin reactor for it and instaled it already) I just wish it was your frame. Oh well maby next time right?

D'aww sorry you were bummed! I am honoured you liked Anubis so much but tbh I think I have to be part of the design council to have it even considered, let alone the fact that it is apparently incomplete without base stats and power weights :(. Hopefully at some point I will be able to produced a more polished version.

D'aww sorry you were bummed! I am honoured you liked Anubis so much but tbh I think I have to be part of the design council to have it even considered, let alone the fact that it is apparently incomplete without base stats and power weights :(. Hopefully at some point I will be able to produced a more polished version.

Being on the council only gives you a vote on what devs consider. And, well, no fanframe polls in vicinity.

Damn, I wish I could draw like you.

Awesome art!

Edited by GTG3000

Being on the council only gives you a vote on what devs consider. And, well, no fanframe polls in vicinity.

Damn, I wish I could draw like you.

Awesome art!

Ahh I see, I had no idea how the council worked. Thank you for clearing it up, I guess that does give me  more hope for submitting! Thank you for the compliments!

If this is made into an actual warframe I will glad take the time to get it, I think it looks amazing, I have a better word than awesome that comes to mind but I dont the forums will allow it.

*UPDATE*

I had written a detailed thank you here and noted the rise in interest as a reason for the updated concept but it got erased XD. I will just say thanks to all who contributed and to Jamescell and Vadrigos on DA for the detailed power suggestions!

anubnew_by_vicdelacruz-d64osfd.jpg

Anubis

This Tenno specializes in control and manipulation of reality ( Utilizing Orokin "time-pocket" technology) to dominate and devastate foes.

1. Death's Grasp: Anubis extends his consciousness towards an enemy, lifting them in the air and draining years of life from them for a few seconds and then trowing them towards the nearest enemy for impact damage. While the grip is active before the throw, Anubis is vulnerable. The thrown enemy may hit multiple targets if a knockback or death occurs. Fusion increases the health drain and throwing force.

2. Possession: Anubis targets one enemy and swaps consciousness with it (Only works on non mechanical enemies, not on bosses) for this limited time Anubis' body is covered in an immobilizing shield that reduces damage by 90% and has full control of the possessed enemy. While enemy is in control you cannot swap weapons, use powers or advanced movement abilities (wall run, slide, etc.). You can attack,reload and move your target around to assault enemies for a limited time. Once the timer runs out or the possessed enemy dies, your consciousness returns and the shield detonates, causing damage and knocking back any enemies in the radius. Fusion increases possession time and knockback radius.

3. Encapsulate: Anubis creates a dome of distorted time, slowing enemies who are within it, leaving them vulnerable to flanking and attack for the duration of the dome as long as the enemies are inside it. Fusion increases the radius and duration.

4.Judgement: Anubis opens a dimensional rift circle underneath his enemies, causing them to be pinned down and slowly sink into the portal. When enemies are sunk halfway the portal will close abruptly, instantly slicing limbs and body parts of any enemy that would be killed and knocking down any that would not (bosses and elite enemies.) Fusion increases radius and damage.

Ya know I am really impressed. I am glad this was redrawn. Not for the reason that it needed to be. Just for the reason I wanted to see another version :).

(I'm sure others did as well) As always amazing job and this one seems to "fit in" more with the style of the other frames. Perhaps they could add it to the new Orikin sets after update 8. *crosses fingers* ONE DAY I SWEAR this will be in the game..... somehow. Whether it be just wall art in the dojo or a fully playable frame. Anyway just glad to see him back from the land of the dead forum threads after the operation event.