The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe: Anubis+ Br's Random Arts

Bloodraptor

Ya know I am really impressed. I am glad this was redrawn. Not for the reason that it needed to be. Just for the reason I wanted to see another version :).

(I'm sure others did as well) As always amazing job and this one seems to "fit in" more with the style of the other frames. Perhaps they could add it to the new Orikin sets after update 8. *crosses fingers* ONE DAY I SWEAR this will be in the game..... somehow. Whether it be just wall art in the dojo or a fully playable frame. Anyway just glad to see him back from the land of the dead forum threads after the operation event.

Thank you very much! I hope this version is more in line with the game now that I had more time playing and poring over the art from it!

Very nice.

like the exoticness of the Frame along with the weapon

on abilities

1. I like it sounds like a crazy mix of Force Grip and Slam

2. My only question is can you end it early? and it does kinda seem gimped against corpus since thier more powerful units are machines.

3.To be honest, It sounds too much like Snow globe minus the bullet protection.

4. I like it!

Edited by FrostWolf

Very nice.

like the exoticness of the Frame along with the weapon

on abilities

1. I like it sounds like a crazy mix of Force Grip and Slam

2. My only question is can you end it early? and it does kinda seem gimped against corpus since thier more powerful units are machines.

3.To be honest, It sounds too much like Snow globe minus the bullet protection.

4. I like it!

Thanks for the feedback! For your concerns:

2. Many frames have certain abilities that are not effective against some enemy types as some, since this would be a consciousness swap rather than a pet control I didn't know if it would be proper to control mechanicals. I also limited it because you would then have to allow the Grinder balls and Ospreys as controllable and DE might not have mechanics for controlling those in the game thus making it tougher to program. I may just add MOAs and have it not work on those others though.

3.Snow Globe is meant to be mainly protective IMO, this skill is meant more for crowd control/positioning like Excalibur's Radial Blind. Slowing enemies enough to get charge attacks or strafe around gunfire.

I hope this explains my reasoning further, thanks again for the feedback and I am glad you enjoy the Frame design!

Thanks for the feedback! For your concerns:

2. Many frames have certain abilities that are not effective against some enemy types as some, since this would be a consciousness swap rather than a pet control I didn't know if it would be proper to control mechanicals. I also limited it because you would then have to allow the Grinder balls and Ospreys as controllable and DE might not have mechanics for controlling those in the game thus making it tougher to program. I may just add MOAs and have it not work on those others though.

3.Snow Globe is meant to be mainly protective IMO, this skill is meant more for crowd control/positioning like Excalibur's Radial Blind. Slowing enemies enough to get charge attacks or strafe around gunfire.

I hope this explains my reasoning further, thanks again for the feedback and I am glad you enjoy the Frame design!

Thats is true that certain units would be very advantagous over others and coding could be a nightmare... 2 would be great for infested on defense due to poison damage scaling to insane levels on higher waves.

Okay, it's suppose to be more of a offensive opener. I see where your coming from.

Edited by FrostWolf

• 4 weeks later...

*whisper* hey guess what.... *yells* BUMP

this needs to be seen by the younger generation *crazy old man voice* he he he those youngnns don't know what they are missin back in my day...

*falls asleep standing up*

Sadly them younguns wont click past the first 5 pages come voting time :(, this was submitted and summarily rejected I am told. Received about 10 votes whereas some of the finalists received none. Its a bit upsetting because while I am bummed I did not get chosen, some had over 40 votes by the community and were completely passed over. Also I am told 3 of the choices were earth based powers and that was the lowest voted.

As a personal opinion, while elemental powers are awesome and it would seem like a pattern, earth makes NO sense within the Warframe context in my opinion. Ember, Frost, Saryn, Mag, Volt, all of these have some sort of plausibly contained scifi system that could generate their powers ( fuel canisters for fire, nitrogen and atmospheric moisture for ice, internal ampules of fluids and gasses for poisons. Earth would mean you would have to make rocks out of nothing except what you carry which would make it a much more limited source, you would alternatively have to make the "earth/rocks" out of the environment which is not composed of rocks for the most part so you would have to manipulate the matter which would basically justify the ultimate decision of the Matter/Antimatter frame.

If DE had an idea to how this would have gone, then why not at least make this frame a finalist? the Time/space warping would still be along the antimatter vein and I detailed the powers and look already. This consideration should go to ALL who did similarly and it is a bit hurtful that people who posted a pic from another game and say single sentence thoughts got more consideration.

Ok..I feel better now :P At any rate, congrats to the winners, antimatter is cool, hope the frame looks great but short of me getting a design council founder's pack I don't think I will be able to properly make sure my designs are well featured. And after this I don't plan on getting one at all. You guys can still enjoy any Warframe "style" drawings on my DA site, thanks to all who supported!

Sadly them younguns wont click past the first 5 pages come voting time :(, this was submitted and summarily rejected I am told. Received about 10 votes whereas some of the finalists received none. Its a bit upsetting because while I am bummed I did not get chosen, some had over 40 votes by the community and were completely passed over. Also I am told 3 of the choices were earth based powers and that was the lowest voted.

As a personal opinion, while elemental powers are awesome and it would seem like a pattern, earth makes NO sense within the Warframe context in my opinion. Ember, Frost, Saryn, Mag, Volt, all of these have some sort of plausibly contained scifi system that could generate their powers ( fuel canisters for fire, nitrogen and atmospheric moisture for ice, internal ampules of fluids and gasses for poisons. Earth would mean you would have to make rocks out of nothing except what you carry which would make it a much more limited source, you would alternatively have to make the "earth/rocks" out of the environment which is not composed of rocks for the most part so you would have to manipulate the matter which would basically justify the ultimate decision of the Matter/Antimatter frame.

If DE had an idea to how this would have gone, then why not at least make this frame a finalist? the Time/space warping would still be along the antimatter vein and I detailed the powers and look already. This consideration should go to ALL who did similarly and it is a bit hurtful that people who posted a pic from another game and say single sentence thoughts got more consideration.

Ok..I feel better now :P At any rate, congrats to the winners, antimatter is cool, hope the frame looks great but short of me getting a design council founder's pack I don't think I will be able to properly make sure my designs are well featured. And after this I don't plan on getting one at all. You guys can still enjoy any Warframe "style" drawings on my DA site, thanks to all who supported!

I know the pain bro. I've read in the Void thread that similar tomfoolery was happening. So many Stalker ripoffs when so many creative ideas are lurking in the nonpaying section :S Hopefully there's gonna be another fanframe contest in the future, eh?

I know the pain bro. I've read in the Void thread that similar tomfoolery was happening. So many Stalker ripoffs when so many creative ideas are lurking in the nonpaying section :S Hopefully there's gonna be another fanframe contest in the future, eh?

We can always hold hope in our hearts. Unfortunately we can not force it on others that are just as deserving of it as this fan frame is.

assassin_suit_redesign_bust_sketch_2013_Original concept I had milling around of an assassin suit. My recent infatuation with Warframe made me develop it more and now it has been Warframed! The "Hair" was originally tendril spike pigtails but seeing as she has large armblades in her full suit (coming soon!) they clashed, so i went with a segmented plate look that fell easily over her upper back. I know it is unusual for well defined eyes on a Warframe but it works for the sinister predatory look I was going for.hope you guys dig it! swtor_agent_valnoz_by_anthros-d4vb6ue.jp

This one is not necessarily warframe but in a similar vein. It was modified for SWTOR as an Imperial Agent suit hence the Empire symbol. It was initially made as a greatest hits of my fave "stealth suit" elements and i wanted it agile while still giving it some armor (any resemblance to turrets found in a popular inter-spatial manipulation game franchise is purely intentional).Just wanted to know what you guys think and if any of these elements would translate into a frame design.

zoot2wf_by_anthros-d5u7mzc.jpg

zoot1wf_by_anthros-d5u7njm.jpgFull body concept of the assassin suit re-purposed for the Warframe universe(second version is with a more Warframe style "eyeless" design). The bladed parts were reduced to allow for the use of the existing arsenal of weapons and balanced on the legs. I wanted a thick and tough female frame as a counterpart to Rhino. The name shard is related to the plated look and possible shrapnel based powers.

I appologize for any proportional errors, this was an all-nighter and I wanted to get the idea right XD. Some proportions however, were intentional.

Absolutely amazing. I don't think I have seen such fine artwork in quite a while. DE needs to pick this up ASAP. Would be foolish not to.

Edited by MetalMarauder

• 1 month later...

*reads through the pages int this forums that catch my attention*

Points I'd like to ask about:

Have you considered Native American, African, Roman, Greek, Arabian, and other cultures' myths as well? I personally would like to see your take on a Kachina based frame or some other part of mythology.

As for the earth one... Maybe it could have been crystal based and utilized metals already present within the structure of the ship and chemical cataylst and/or solvent circulating within the systems to accelerate crystal growth, and high pressure, high heat maintained within the arms and feet to allow for such reactions? It may be a feasible but highly difficult thing to obtain within a frame... But isn't this suppose to be the future? The technology to artificially grow crystals at accelerated rates may have been obtained by the Corpus. If we think of piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity that is possible with quartz and tourmaline, and that quartz is currently used in common place devices in various applications, there may be a possibly for this. Diamond can be easily made from carbon in the environment (i.e.- fresh corpses), but it requires high heat and pressure to do so. It could work as an armor for this crystal frame.

This thought trail falls into my own Warframe idea I'm trying to flesh out with this concept in mind.

I love how sleek all of your artwork is, but also how well thought out your concepts are as well.

Edited by Shifa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't mind me just gonna try to revive this thread.

Wow, to this day i am surprised how well received this was! I would love to do more honestly but I needed some time to come tog rips with the way the sytem worked for frame submission. I know it is not necessarily DEs fault, they could have been a  bit more organized and clear about how voting would work and let people know it was ultimately up to them choosing a GENERAL concept that fit something they were already working on rather than an actual long thought out character that would be made from scratch within their art style and game mechanics.

I may submit more but the fear that they will be used as "inspiration" but not given a chance at any upcoming design councils keeps me a bit wary. If enough fellow players want it though, I will keep improving and creating more frames/weapons/powers since it does make me happy people enjoy them!

Wow, to this day i am surprised how well received this was! I would love to do more honestly but I needed some time to come tog rips with the way the sytem worked for frame submission. I know it is not necessarily DEs fault, they could have been a  bit more organized and clear about how voting would work and let people know it was ultimately up to them choosing a GENERAL concept that fit something they were already working on rather than an actual long thought out character that would be made from scratch within their art style and game mechanics.

I may submit more but the fear that they will be used as "inspiration" but not given a chance at any upcoming design councils keeps me a bit wary. If enough fellow players want it though, I will keep improving and creating more frames/weapons/powers since it does make me happy people enjoy them!G

Good luck friend!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I LOVE the idea of an Egyptian-themed frame, and Anubis has been my favorite Egyptian god since childhood. I am ALL for this idea visually.

The abilities are also very interesting, though I feel like "male master of death" has already been covered by Nekros. That said, I love the "other dimension" idea being played at with him here, and how its got a slightly different take on it than Limbo's abilities. I feel like his Possession ability is a little complex for a second ability, though, but I may simply not be grasping the full idea behind him.