Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion Regarding Ammo Drops.

Goodwill

Okay, new here so forgive my lack of being in the trend of current issues and my poor Warframe/game jargan.

Anyway, after soloing up to one of the outer planets (even before then) it becomes obvious that the only way enemies or missions are becoming harder is by increased stats and quantity of aggressors. Which then can be dwarfed by cheap-play or exploitations. Box-sitting on Infested missions, or spamming the skills Snow Globe or Tesla (only ones I know of so far that reduce difficulty down to easy at the expense of crawling progress).

So, to simply sum up my idea a war of attrition. The difficulty will stem from being conservative with your ammo due to how scarce you can obtain it on a mission.  Because at the moment, I feel that your other armaments are more for a cool factor rather than for any practical "life or death" situations. To be honest, I really don't think solo players should be able to finish the outer planet missions unless they go through cleaving with a melee weapon. As it stands, I can easily solo a Lvl 40 mission (I know, not that impressive) with only one weapon. Sure, it has a capacity mod which despite my point, I am not asking for that to be taken out. In anycase, enough dawdling and convoluted introductions.

Benefits of having reduced (greatly) ammo drops:

Incentive for accuracy: Right now, I'm pretty content with just laying down all my ammunition into the biggest target on my opponent. The only benefit I see in aiming for weak points at the moment is just to get the skirmish over with faster but I have yet to be in a situation where my accuracy would be the difference between victory or defeat. But with scarce ammo, your accuracy would mean the success or failure of the mission.

Alternative weapons: You will actually have a reason to swap to your side-arm other than for the rule of cool. You may even need to go to the extent that the only thing you have left is your melee weapon. A bit of an incentive to start playing this game like a real space ninja instead of a CoD troll (yes I am).

Teamplay: Now, if one weapon (with a capacity mod) is enough to get a solo player through most, if not all missions. What about a team of four? Yeah, pretty much have a bullet circus going on limbs flying everywhere. But imagine where you actually comprise your team's loadout with weapons that compliment each other? Where weapons are chosen to take down encounters effectively and efficiently to preserve ammunition for future encounters? Or even the boss fight?

To be honest, I think it will be cool where your team would actually swap out the shooter based on who would be the most effective and conservative.

On another note as an example to this point, anyone played Star Wars Battlefront? Reason why I want to bring that up as an example is because the Droidekas were a great incentive for your trigger happy rifleman to switch out with either a Rocket Trooper or the Jet Trooper with an EMP launcher.

Inventory: So far, I have had no use for storing Health or Ammo boxes in my inventory because I simply never needed to. Health I've always been okay with because... Snow Globe (please no nerf). Ammo... well for points previously stated, ammo drops like flies in missions. Sure the exception is Sniper Ammo but even then, the drop rate isn't too bad or, choose a rifle for your loadout. Obviously, if you want to make your missions easier when you know ammo is scarce, then you would actually use credits to buy ammo prior to a mission, and in turn it will make credits more valuable than what they already are.

Okay, so I've been doing other stuff while typing this out so I've lost my flow (non-existant anyway) and any remainder points I may have had.

In summary, ammo drops should be nerfed as it will increase the experience Warframe has to offer and possibly more.

In closing, I apologize for my bad thread structure, grammatical errors, etc... I've seen quite a few well structured threads here on Warframe so if anyone wants to make this point less convoluted, please feel free to. Finally, want to open discussion on how nerfing ammo drops could benefit Warframe or ruin it.

Edited by Goodwill

Spamming the skills Snow Globe or Tesla Bastille is a legitimate play style! :P

Yeah, I know (and damn proud of it to say). But... I won't deny that I think I would have more respect points if I could do without skills spamming (maybe?)