Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE relic funneling

El_Lokiet

I understand funneling the unvaulting of relics through PoE, it makes sense as the Earth would naturally have been a massive repository for Orokin artifacts. The problem is, a player may play for over an hour and receive not one relic, but an ungodly amount of low level, trash mods. This isn't going to inspire continued playing of the game, as after a month, you have just about every drop and only play for the relic, which is what made the previous system palatable, you were assured a meaningful relic return.

The solution to this problem should be a simple one. Ensure at the least 1 relic per bounty mission. The weight map should look like the following.

Weighted most common to the older unvaulted relics.
Weighted uncommon to the last unvaulted relics.
Weighted rare to the most recently unvaulted relics.

The point is, mid to late stage players play PoE most often for the relics, not the garbage mods and resources which are extremely common. At present, the game feels like you want to create a large degree of scarcity, as to inflate the Platinum price of the unvaulted equipment, and encourage platinum buying. I really do not see this as a long term solution to any financial incentive this game might have, as players simply will be discouraged from playing.

Pick one:

1) Buy the unvault package, Prime Access, new shiny, etc.

2) Grind for it

Make 2 too easy and nobody will buy it.

1 hour ago, El_Lokiet said:

I understand funneling the unvaulting of relics through PoE, it makes sense as the Earth would naturally have been a massive repository for Orokin artifacts.

Not sure how this fits or why inject fanfic into your feedback, but OK.

Finally, you don't even need to touch PoE for the released Relics. They drop from Relic packs from Syndicates and, last I knew, can be gotten as a reward from the 5th round of Endless Fissure missions.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Pick one:

1) Buy the unvault package, Prime Access, new shiny, etc.

2) Grind for it

Make 2 too easy and nobody will buy it.

Not sure how this fits or why inject fanfic into your feedback, but OK.

Finally, you don't even need to touch PoE for the released Relics. They drop from Relic packs from Syndicates and, last I knew, can be gotten as a reward from the 5th round of Endless Fissure missions.

1) Any time someone makes a change that is perceived to be pushing people to buying something that they haven't had to buy before, with real money, you will be called out for it. Especially if that change has the buyer buying lottery tickets which is what relic packs are. You are not assured specific relics, only relic types.

2) The grind is exactly what I am talking about. I played for over an hour, grinding for the Lith relic on PoE, and received nothing.

3) The injection of reasoning is not injection of fanfiction, it is utilizing the direction the game makers took their game when they expanded upon Earth with PoE. Earth being the center of humanity, the center of the Ororkin empire, naturally it would possess the greatest number of artifacts.

4) Good luck on finding groups who would stay for the fifth round of a endless fissure mission. It seems that these missions are plagued with people entering them and demanding to leave after the 2nd round, gimping the team when they can leave on their own, or whining endlessly about their mommies and daddies demanding that they get off the computer.