Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why This Event Is Possibly The Worst Yet.

Luxangel7

Dear DE, thank you for everything you do, really. As non devs, we can only imagine how much hard work you have to do for this game we enjoy.

However this event is really just....very strange, to say the least.

So to participate we have to wait for not one, but two different types of alerts, go get a blueprint in the market (lol what) craft a key to go do a void mission, where we capture yet another hapless corpus enemy, all for what?

To "unlock" the new maps?...

There are several things that are wrong with this in my opinion.

- Making the necessary items alert only and two different ones is very frustrating because it means instead of having fun with my friends doing event missions, or playing the game I'm just doing the usual, checking the twitter feed when I remember to do so, and if I see an alert, and if my friends are all available then we do it. Not to mention that for 6-7 days it's practically guaranteed that alerts will only give out these "event items", making a system riddled with horrible rng basically a complete wash for the duration. Completely wrong approach, no offense.

- Then we go get a blueprint in the market? What? Ok, the market already is pretty immersion shattering, as we simply click on an icon of what we want and presto change-o it's in our "floating menu" which we call a foundry. But as if that weren't enough, we're adding event functionality to the market? ok.....

- But that's not the end of it, because then you have to craft the key? Ok, this is within the game mechanics, but no offense, it's another layer of annoying in this annoying flavored wedding cake.

- Finally, we go to the void, to do....another capture mission. *sound of balloon deflating* If the spy drone event was boring because the enemy type was boring then this is pretty much on the same level, as it's basically "this mission now gives you a special point...because reasons."

Edit: As pointed out by user "SonicSonedit" another issue with this event is apparently Strict NAT Problems, as can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93033-arid-fear-event-and-strict-nat/?p=1040249. Thanks to SonicSonedit for letting us know about this.

-The icing on all this is that there is no reward. I'm sorry, but if you expect anyone to think that you wouldn't release the content you've been hard at work on because enough people don't jump through these "event" hoops, then you're mistaken.

With this last point, I'm not trying to sound entitled or greedy etc. I love the game, and I enjoy playing for a host of reasons. But for the love of the Lotus, make some kind of reward. And make it tiered like before.

Just to spitball:

1 point = 1000 credits

5 points = 10000 credits

10 points = 20000 credits

100 points = 200k credits

200 = 200k creds + 2 of each rare resource

etc etc. (this is just an example of course)

Anyway, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, not my intention. But in my opinion for the reasons listed, this event is really bad. Horrible accessibility and player retention through the event coupled with a complete lack of reward or incentive makes this an immersion breaking, uninteresting, and bad event.

Edited by LuxAngel7

-[...] I'm sorry, but if you expect anyone to think that you wouldn't release the content you've been hard at work on because enough people don't jump through these "event" hoops, then you're mistaken.

Agreed and bolded the important part. The event will last... uhh... well, the ingame thingy says "6d" -> 6 six days left = 7 days total? I couldn't even find any information in the respective thread.

Edited by 101blubb

Agreed and bolded the important part. The event will last... uhh... well, the ingame thingy says "6d" -> 6 six days left = 7 days total?

Oh I didn't catch that part. That adds another layer of "bad" to this whole thing. Now the rng riddled alert system is going to be with even less efficiency for 6-7 days, and the event won't be over for a week, which means that the "reward" of the new maps won't be coming any time soon.

Awesome.

I'm really starting to think that this was just an excuse to keep us "patient" for the new maps....

Just like the fomorian event this one is setup for us to have a chance at failing if we dont meet the quota. They did admit to handholding for the first two events but no more!

Also you have no idea how they code the alerts so stop acting like you know it will clog up the ? alerts.

Edited by Kroul

Just curious, how long is the actual craft time? If it's 12 hours like most alerts then that's just a disgraceful money grab.

1m and you can rush it for free - just adds more clicking.

Edited by 101blubb

From the livestreams, I remember DE getting feedback that we didn't want simple join-mission/get-reward events. The Fomorian event is an example of their using that feedback and giving something that was honestly pretty fun. They mentioned in the most recent livestream that if we don't finish the Arid Fear event, we won't be able to play the Grineer Settlement. At all. The reward we get here is the map and the Twin Gremlins and Miter weapons it offers. That is if we win by the 13th.

when i was with my pal m4st3r_wh1t3_w0lf (also a steam freind) we were running the void mission and i got the room cleard

then i was getting shot guess what THE SCOUT HAS A SPECTRA and was shooting me WHAT A WEAK &#! AHAHAA

From the livestreams, I remember DE getting feedback that we didn't want simple join-mission/get-reward events. The Fomorian event is an example of their using that feedback and giving something that was honestly pretty fun. They mentioned in the most recent livestream that if we don't finish the Arid Fear event, we won't be able to play the Grineer Settlement. At all. The reward we get here is the map and the Twin Gremlins and Miter weapons it offers. That is if we win by the 13th.

You'd be silly to believe that DE is going to spend resources on creating content that might never get released.

-The icing on all this is that there is no reward. I'm sorry, but if you expect anyone to think that you wouldn't release the content you've been hard at work on because enough people don't jump through these "event" hoops, then you're mistaken.

Sometimes you are forced to take actions not to receive reward but to avoid punishment (in this case new tile set delay).

Just curious, how long is the actual craft time? If it's 12 hours like most alerts then that's just a disgraceful money grab.

It's 60 sec. Craft cost is 1,5k.

Oh I didn't catch that part. That adds another layer of "bad" to this whole thing. Now the rng riddled alert system is going to be with even less efficiency for 6-7 days, and the event won't be over for a week, which means that the "reward" of the new maps won't be coming any time soon.

Awesome.

I'm really starting to think that this was just an excuse to keep us "patient" for the new maps....

Actually it's pretty easy to notice that event alerts spawn independently from regular ones.

Just like the fomorian event this one is setup for us to have a chance at failing if we dont meet the quota. They did admit to handholding for the first two events but no more!

Also you have no idea how they code the alerts so stop acting like you know it will clog up the ? alerts.

If you think for one second that they will actually hold back a large chunk of content that they have been working on (ie: spending money/resources on) just because enough players didn't do the event....then I'm really sorry but you're completely and absolutely mistaken.

I don't need to know how they code the alerts to know that unless they manually input the event alerts separately from the "normal" ones, that it will increase the rng, and seeing as how they will admittedly probably input them manually, it still doesn't remove the incredibly annoying element of them being alert items in the first place.

See above. Guess what? they lied. If they said that, then they "bent the truth" because they obviously can't come out and be like "yeah we don't have a reward, and there's no way we're just going to throw away all the work we did, so do whatever, because you'll get to go to the new maps anyway"

Cmon man....

My issue is that there's literally no incentive for an individual player not tied to clan like me to participate. We can safely assume the clans that are competing against each other will win the event, and there are no other rewards besides the tileset, so what's the point?

Story wise, there's literally no reason for the time limit. What prevents us from stealing the map data from the corpus afterwards? What story motivation or incentive gives us this time limit?

The keys should have unlocked the tileset itself, not corpus ships with filters applied. By completing levels in the tileset, we'd unlock the new blueprints, and eventually permanently unlock the tileset as a new planet. That makes much more sense.

I do have to agree, this is lacklustre. We're literally jsut running regular missions with stuff tack on in between. At least with the last event there was the mix of different corrupters to consider, making it different enough from regular mobile defense to keep people interested long enough to at least do their share, but this time the only change is you're doing a capture mission that has a few inane prerequisites where the target has the potential to escape if you spend time $&*^ing around. Even if he does escape though, you can just use the same key you just crafted so it makes no difference. Add the that the fact its been admitted on livestream that this events fail condition is just a pushing back of content rather than us actively missing out on anything, and I feel the only people who're going to have the drive to participate are clannies looking for their statue. Which is going to be a tiny percentage of the player base.

Major step back imo. Up to now I'd felt each event had been at least a gradual step forwards, but this is just utterly uninteresting.

If you think for one second that they will actually hold back a large chunk of content that they have been working on (ie: spending money/resources on) just because enough players didn't do the event....then I'm really sorry but you're completely and absolutely mistaken.

I don't need to know how they code the alerts to know that unless they manually input the event alerts separately from the "normal" ones, that it will increase the rng, and seeing as how they will admittedly probably input them manually, it still doesn't remove the incredibly annoying element of them being alert items in the first place.

See above. Guess what? they lied. If they said that, then they "bent the truth" because they obviously can't come out and be like "yeah we don't have a reward, and there's no way we're just going to throw away all the work we did, so do whatever, because you'll get to go to the new maps anyway"

Cmon man....

I like to think i am not mistaken. They said they would put the new tileset on a que to release at a later time so those "money/resources" will not go to waste.

Yes you do need to know how they code the alerts to confirm your assumptions. Do you not think that they would have a seperate code running for the event alerts?

Heres my assumption, they have the event alerts pop up at set ammounts of times so that they will never show up too far away from the last event alert. It will not affect the normal alerts because they will run on a different code that uses their RNG alert system.

Either way none of us can prove our points so i can agree to disagree.

Unless you have some proof you are just to throwing unsubstantiated accusations - and this, sir, it's trolling. DE clearly stated that Grineer outpost will be delayed if we fail to complete event.

Unless you know exact way event alerts are implemented you have absolutely no right to form similar implications. Credits alerts and rare rewards alerts are spawned separately - it's shouldn't be tough to expand this system with another component for event.

8155297.jpg?size=640x420

Why is it a big deal that DE is making in game lore to support the addition of a new zone and title set? Have you guys ever had to play old game that had attunements for new raids?

Edit: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76859-not-a-feedback-forum-for-warframe-the-game-but-warframes-their-abilities/ This is the wrong place for this topic.

Edited by LazyKnight

Do you really believe they are so stupid as to not release work they've put hundreds of hours into?