Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for the Corpus open world

Chaosprism

sorry if this is talked about elsewhere, just going to throw a few ideas down.

I'm thinking frozen corpus world surface (any of the corpus frozen planets/moons) for the open area with massive crevases, lots of cave systems.

As for eidolon type enemies for people to fight in operator mode, I'd suggest massive corpus robots.

Storyline wise, they could be a development by the corpus, but maybe some sort of rogue cephalon AI gets control of one/some of them. Making it unfriendly to corpus units also, so it will attack everything (except maybe players that have done some particular storyline which would make it neutral, not automatically hostile)

The robots would be pretty much immune to all weapon fire. Except of course for void damage which does damage the shields or conversely just penetrates through the shields.

As for hurting them particular locations on the robot could become "vulnerable" for periods of time but again only damageable by void damage.

They dont have little eidolons wandering around, but maybe the robot could use some sort of mind control and summon other units to assist it, (ad in's) OR just take control of moronic infested/grineer/corpus units that make the foolhardy attack on the robot or tenno (and then just get turned into pawns for it), they'd be amplified by the robot somehow so they wouldnt just be easy fodder, but something you have to take down before you go back to the robot.

Any comments?

Nef Anyo already developed enemies completely immune to all damage, including Void damage, and that is the Razorback. Doesn't make sense? You are correct, since what appears to be conventional weaponry from Nef's own Bursas can damage it, and it is currently the only damage source that can harm the Razorback. I hate Razorback events, but at least it doesn't drop anything of much worth to me.

On the other hand, Alad V is the most involved regarding Warframe powers, but he had turned mutalist, so of course, that doesn't cut it.

Which leaves Frohd Bek and the Animo Project as the only real remaining sub-faction that can probably satisfy what you're coming up with, but Venus appears to be under Nef's jurisdiction, so that's not happening.

Of course, DE can always just break their own lore :P

Edited by Raspberri
grammar fix

I'd rather see repair drones that regenerate health and can restore machines than see another immunity mechanic.

And yeah, we need totally new and separate Corpus syndicates from the others we know about.

I think it could be interesting to see various Corpus Cartels and Monopolies that make up the Board, so one or three new involved Cartels/Monopolies on and around Venus would be most interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

They need to have a new lore with Orokin that survived the war and have been hiding and growing in strength in the void.  They’ve been there so long they venture more and more into the system for resources the void can’t offer.  They have a massive ship that could effectively be like the derelict in a sense.  New enemies, introduce a dynamic of Tenno that somehow sided with Orokin and now you can fight them and require operator mode.  Then make a map where you can match up with other people PvP.    Kinda like hots, with no mods(maybe one on frame of players choosing)  and fixed weapons per warframe.  

What at about an option of giving players the ability to be the target in defense missions?

Edited by (XB1)etizzles