The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Going To Make An Ashe Got A Few Weapon Questions

Pride

Question

My next warframe is going to be full ninja ashe should I take the kunia or the shrukin? And thrown melee or multipke target melee? How does thrown melee work and tye multi hit daggers do they hit multiplw foes how many hits and do they multi hit when chargwed basic attacks or both

Ignore all the horid spelling posting this on my phone

Edited by Prideswrath

13 answers to this question

Shuriken have a worse ammo economy than Kunai, but are a bit more powerful. You should make your own decision on the melee though. 

If you really want a good feel for how a weapon works, hit up YouTube. It's hard to describe entire mechanics as easily as you can just watch them in action. The Wiki is pretty good at giving you the once-over of weapons also. If you PM me a specific set of weapons I can outline their multihit mechanics and their pros and cons for you.

the market package says stealth kit would involve a Kunai and a Glaive, but I have been working with a Kestrel and it is kinda difficult to use.  Ash is a good frame to ninja with so good choice. A thrown weapon is only thrown if the attack is a charge attack. it seems like if the enemy is too close then it won't hit them. and I have no experience with daggers.

I was just about to make a topic like this so ill join you in asking.

Ive been mainly playing my Rhino and Frost Warframes and loving them. But i figured id try my hand on a Ninja for a change. So I'm going with Ash, I have a Shade cooking, Dread as main weapon, Hikou as sidearm and Ether sword as a melee. 

Is there anything specific i should look for in a melee weapon for a stealth character? My Frost/Rhino has been wielding a potatoed Scindo and doing massive charged damage. Im just not sure that the Ether sword is worth a potatoe. Any opinions are welcomed.

Ive been mainly playing my Rhino and Frost Warframes and loving them. But i figured id try my hand on a Ninja for a change. So I'm going with Ash, I have a Shade cooking, Dread as main weapon, Hikou as sidearm and Ether sword as a melee. 

Is there anything specific i should look for in a melee weapon for a stealth character? My Frost/Rhino has been wielding a potatoed Scindo and doing massive charged damage. Im just not sure that the Ether sword is worth a potatoe. Any opinions are welcomed.

I have a forma'd Ash, and as far as melee weapons go, I'd go with an Orthos due to the fact it has a 5 enemy AOE and one of the longest melee reaches.

Ash also recieves 2x melee charge damage while Smokescreen is activated, and this can lead up to damage that's around 1800 per enemy.

Also, to answer other questions in the thread:

Hikou are twice as fast as Kunai, and 2 Hikou bullets give slightly more damage than one Kunai, and in about the same speed.

Hikou lends itself to missing a lot of shots and becoming very ammo inefficient, but can dole out around 1000 more DPS per second.

I'd get Hikou if you tend to stock up on ammo boxes, if not go with Kunai for survivability over longer missions.

(P.S: Despair is better than both)

Remember though, Ash's first ability is called Shuriken, and at max it shoots two bullets that armor ignore and do about 600 flat damage each, which is a very good thing.

Anything light mob that isn't level 70 and above should go down in one Shuriken, all it wastes is 25 energy for two homing bullets, and you don't even have to aim.

Saves ammo for Hikou/Kunai.

Ether Sword is a longsword and nearly all long swords are just bad. They can only hit one target at a time. If you're surrounded by 3 targets, do you want to deal 300 charge damage to all of them in a second or 300 charge damage to one at a time, taking 4 seconds?

If you want something Ether, use the Daggers or Dual Ether. Both are quite useful and about the same speed. Dual Ether staggers on every hit and it's slide attack is 150 base damage, while Daggers are goddamn Fang-speed.

EDIT: When it comes to stealth attacks, use a 200 charge damage weapon. Almost every melee charged attack is armor ignoring, so I'd recommend something fast like Orthos or Gram in the case where the stealth attacked enemy hasn't died.

Edited by AlchemistMute

hikou have slightly lower dps but have armor ignore.

No, Hikou have HIGHER DPS.

I have a mod calculator, Hikou offer almost 1000 more DPS than Kunai.

And well, the math is pretty damn simple too.

Hikou offers 25 damage per bullet, and is slightly more than 2x FASTER than Kunai.

Kunai offers 45 damage per bullet.

By the time you throw one Kunai, I'm close to being on my third Hikou.

Two Hikou (which takes the same amount of time as a Kunai) does 50 damage, as oppose to 45 from Kunai.

Hikou> Kunai in terms of DPS.