Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Bounty Assassination Bug

PrimedPancakes

While doing a Lvl 40-60 Bounty in the Planes of Eidolon, i was tasked with an Assassination objective. As always, that objective consisted of killing 15 enemies in order to draw out the target. I did so painstakingly, as the enemies were taking so long to spawn, and finally the target was drawn out. I looked up as his capsule descended from the heavens, but noticed that i was getting shot. Instinctively, i activated Mesa's Peacemaker and gave my agressor seven new orifices in it's head. Then, the target's capsule landed... exactly where the enemy i just shot down was standing. And then i noticed, the enemy i just destroyed was the target, who had spawned prematurely, before his capsule had landed - and before the mission objective had updated! And so i was now tasked with killing a Grineer Assassination Target... who was already dead! And so i had no way of completing the Bounty and failed it in the most infuriating way yet.

• 1 month later...

I've been hit by this bug twice now. The Grineer assassination target has the normal red target marker on the capsule while it is descending from the heavens, but I have not been close to the drop area to see what exactly happens up close. He doesn't seem to spawn, or he is killed while in the air, maybe by some warframe ability. Pure guess: the mission can only move forward if he is spawned and killed. If he is killed "before" he spawns in by hitting the ground, he lacks a flag and it won't ever turn over.

Other properties, comments, and caveats. Take them with a grain of salt. While I do know my way around in computer programs, they are likely to be red herrings:

• I was playing, as DeadlyDog88 with a Rhino, I know Vampiire_ was in the game as a Mesa. There were two other players, but they left before the mission debrief.
  • We had some quite heavy lag while playing the mission. So there might be a timing issue at hand?
  • The above guess is that some ability is able to damage the poor target before he hits the ground and this creates the problem

Of course, if you need any help in further tracking down the problem, feel free to ask me