Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of God, No More Content!

Gigatron-Prime

So, question:

You people do realize most development teams aren't comprised of generalists but of people who specialized in one area or another, right?

And this content being produced is a waist on their resources, nevertheless.

That video uses art and design animation team, and the voice team.

Meanwhile they could make new enemy sounds for chargers instead of dog sounds, and make animations for the alternate melee weapon charge animations, which was promised in U9..

So, question:

You people do realize most development teams aren't comprised of generalists but of people who specialized in one area or another, right?

Yes.

So.

Like.

The team that added the new idle stances, which are animators/3d artists, should have maybe fixed the Kunai animations first, as they still float and hover above my frames hands. Others that worked on the new maps could have maybe fixed the geometry of old tilesets where I still fall through the map. The coders could finally, maybe, just maybe, finally fix Loki not cloaking the sentinel, a bug thats in the game for like at least 3 months now.

You know.

Just saying.

Yes.

So.

Like.

The team that added the new idle stances, which are animators/3d artists, should have maybe fixed the Kunai animations first, as they still float and hover above my frames hands. Others that worked on the new maps could have maybe fixed the geometry of old tilesets where I still fall through the map. The coders could finally, maybe, just maybe, finally fix Loki not cloaking the sentinel, a bug thats in the game for like at least 3 months now.

You know.

Just saying.

Fix the animation with Reaper Prime executions, which right now is barely shoving the rounded blade into their back very lightly.

Add animation for Hikou that isn't Kunai, because with Fire Rate and datamass it's absurb.

Yes.

So.

Like.

You know.

Just saying.

And it's impossible to work on this and new content because....

I mean, yeah, DE should have some more focus fixing past content. It's just that any sort of content freeze is going to result in lay offs because you don't need big teams to fix content, and by the time you get back to focusing on new content and want to hire those people again...

Whoops turns out most of them found new jobs, you're S#&$ outta luck.

And it's impossible to work on this and new content because....

I mean, yeah, DE should have some more focus fixing past content. It's just that any sort of content freeze is going to result in lay offs because you don't need big teams to fix content, and by the time you get back to focusing on new content and want to hire those people again...

Whoops turns out most of them found new jobs, you're S#&$ outta luck.

Theres enough things to be fixed for this team for everyone to stay employed, especially if they would concentrate on improving and polishing current content. A month of pure bugfixing, then get back to releasing content, then another month of bugfixing the new content, etc.

Theres enough things to be fixed for this team for everyone to stay employed, especially if they would concentrate on improving and polishing current content.

Man, Warframe ain't a Bethesda game. It's not that buggy that for a regular sized studio could still maintain maximum efficiency when focused solely on content fixing.

Edited by RealityMachina

Man, Warframe ain't a Bethesda game. It's not that buggy that for a regular sized studio could still maintain maximum efficiency when focused solely on content fixing.

Maybe you played too many Bethesda games if you consider the current standard to be satisfactory.

So, question:

IE the sort of structure that makes any sort of complete content freezes impractical because the people who make content are not usually the same people responsible for maintaining and fixing content?

Irrelevant. The workload of the content teams shouldn't be an issue because there's SO MUCH the game needs added to it. Stealth needs to be a viable option three patches ago. The great reworking for older frames took this long to even begin to see headway into. Bosses are still sitting on their laurels waiting to get the Kril and Vor treatment. The storyline means nothing right now to anyone because there's not enough to it to even make it interesting.And we're STILL waiting for the graphical update to the HUD with important things (like, a Sentinel Health and Shield bar perhaps...)

You're crazy if you think that the content teams won't have anything to do for a whole month and a half of the spit and polish guys buffing up around the house to get everything up to snuff before they go and change around things again. We don't need a new weapon every other week, and we don't need more weekend events that aren't even worth the rewards. The game needs to be hammered out heavy duty so that it's READY for PS4 launch.

I would sooner see no new content for a month or so than to see new content come out so fast that the guys in charge of fixing ALL the content can't even keep up with their own jobs even after PS4 launch. The game is taking a big step by going out into the console market. New content is going to have enough time to reign supreme once it does. DE should treat it's beta like a beta and fix the damn game already...

If the players of the game can't give DE a bit of time to get everything working good so that problems like armor scaling and RNG are worked on for the betterment of everyone, then they're children. Plain and simple. I don't need a child running around telling a video game company to give it more toys when the house is filled with the metric ton of them that the little snot won't pick up and put away...

Edited by ToeSama

I see a trend happening now

DE you cannot ignore this 

Generally that's what happens.

First someone posts a topic, then ten more people feel that their (very similar) opinion deserves it's own topic. In the end it makes everything seem farm more dramatic than the situation actually is.

Generally that's what happens.

First someone posts a topic, then ten more people feel that their (very similar) opinion deserves it's own topic. In the end it makes everything seem farm more dramatic than the situation actually is.

The situation is kinda dramatic 

People will continue to play, but experienced players are going to start dying out

kinda sad 

You do realize that the content teams and the bugfixing/polishing teams aren't the same, right?

Actually that is at least partially false.

Bugs are fixed by the content developers. This is a fact. The question is whether or not the current bugs needs to be fixed by a majority of the current team, and I speculate that it doesn't.

e.g. as an animator, I animate new stuff, but I also fix animation bugs. As a designer too, I will fix small things, tweaking timing on moves, things an artist and a programmer are not needed for (designers may only manipulate data that is exposed to them in some form of data, like a spreadsheet or a visual timeline). Then there are programmers who will fix bugs that require some digging into the code. And among them, the various departments, like guys who specialize on net code, texturing, animation, enemy AI, etc.

So while it's true not every developer at DE could be fixing bugs all day, a large amount of them probably have a bug list that is not empty either.

I'm not suggesting they stop all content creation, I'm just pointing out that the implication that the bug fixers and the content developers aren't the same is quite false. They are definitely the same people, at some time or another. The only people who don't fix game bugs are producers, but then again, producers don't really do anything. ;)

Edited by gell

What the game needs most is more gameplay not more carrots on a stick.

Content involves a lot more than endless grinding and new weapons. Content means having actual story lines to play through and endgame that is actually difficult to beat. Content involves a lot more than adding new weapons to grind for.