Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of God, No More Content!

Gigatron-Prime

Content involves a lot more than endless grinding and new weapons. Content means having actual story lines to play through and endgame that is actually difficult to beat. Content involves a lot more than adding new weapons to grind for.

This.

The major "content" we got since u7 was focused primarly on adding new weapons & delving even deeper into grinding

Dojo?

Grinding for : mats/forma/creds/blueprints

(or be part of a major 1k+ clan and reap in the benefits)

Void?

Recolored enemys (yay)

Grinding for :keys, blueprints

(or pay for a key pack)

Events?

Grinding for the greater good, which even rewarded the people who sunk the most time into them.

No difficult, no challenge, no immersion.

Edited by D3thpool

The situation is kinda dramatic 

People will continue to play, but experienced players are going to start dying out

kinda sad 

Time marches on, and people's interests and passions wane. Some might move on to another game, but I'm sure it won't be some kind of mass exodus. Those experienced fans who do chose to leave will come back if it suits them, and they'll be welcomed with new content and a more streamlined game.

(It's not as though DE isn't actively working to fix some of the issues people have been complaining about. We've got three new game modes in the pipeline.)

Edited by Lumireaver

Polish: An IPhone is not the best phone. It does not have as many buttons as other phones. The screen is smaller than other phones. You can not wave your hands at it or breath on it to make things happen. It is however the most polished phone on the market. It does everything you expect from a phone and always does this with perfect timing. For me this polishing of a product makes it the best on the market for me. 

Content: People who claim they need content to continue playing will always need more content. They are driven by this and will consume new content within hours and then require even more content. You can not ever make these people happy or see any other aspect of the game. I played in the Void when it first arrived. I played for around 3-4 hours and received all blueprints etc. Same with Nightmare. Within a few hours i had everything i could have farmed for. 

You will never please them. They will drain your game every time they play it. There is a community. There are clans. There is a forum. You can make videos of you and your friends playing. There are challenges within the game and you can even create your own challenges. You can do these things without new content or while you wait for a content update. If not, walk away and go support another game for a while. Come back when your new content is here.

The Content Team: These are the people hammering nails into the coffin of Warframe. They add reskinned weapons at different speeds or higher damage. DE do not realize the damage this is doing to Warframe. They are making Warframe feel cheap and giving people the opinion that this game is nothing more than a waste less money sink where you rebuy cheap weapons that were never good in the first place. Polish the old weapons and make them more desirable.

The Glaive was an amazing weapon for me. I still use it even now. Instead of changing The Glaive to be even more fun they added The Kestral. They changed the name, skin and speed of The Glaive and called it The Kestral. They could have added mods for Glaive or balanced it to be more user friendly in group play. Instead they showed me never to trust them when it comes to buying "new content". I no longer just buy the new stuff as soon as it arrives. I wait to hear opinions or watch a video to see it first. 9 times out of 10 i laugh and say "ffs its a xxxx reskin" 

DE are lost at the moment. They built on bad foundations. The game was not bugged, it was broken and so were the ideas on how to make money. Now many people are seeing DE for what they really are. They need to sit back and take a look at what is going on. If they need money then make a new update to the GM package and say to the community "we need more support". I would support them without question but with every new reskinned piece of crap they offer me i just walk away a few feet more every time. Once trust is broken it is nearly impossible to get it back unless you come clean and then do something stunning to show that you have learnt from your experiences.

The nails are being hammered into the Warframe coffin daily. This game will get viewers on ps4 but how long before they learn what we already know? I hope 1 day we will all be playing a perfect game with players from other consoles. As far as i am aware, this would be the 1st multi platform game. Sega failed at this and it cost them dearly. I am sure DE can do this amazing thing but without fixing what is broken it would be a short lived affair. Sometimes i don't think DE see how big their game is. What it could achieve. How it could change gaming like Doom and other  games did way back when.

Polish everything.

Only add 5 star content.

Be honest with the community.

---

+1

Unfortunately todays devs rarely see the big picture and like to focus on short term gain.

Honestly, the game as it is now should be immensely profitable already since the whole net-code is peer-to-peer and doesn't necessitate any sort of hosting or bandwidth to be paid by DE. I mean, the cost of keeping a character/user-database is so negligible in both size and bandwidth its probably offset by just a few purchases in the store and we know people have been throwing down upwards of 200$ on this game.

Essentially this game has almost zero upkeep if you don't count development, if it ever gets to prime status whatever gets sold on the market will be purely profit for DE.

Focusing this much on short-term content doesn't really make sense in this case as there doesn't need to be a constant stream of money to keep the game running at all times just to pay for the servers. Whatever DE made during the "soft beta" and CBT should have easily stocked them with cash to finish this project.

Polish: An IPhone is not the best phone. It does not have as many buttons as other phones. The screen is smaller than other phones. You can not wave your hands at it or breath on it to make things happen. It is however the most polished phone on the market. It does everything you expect from a phone and always does this with perfect timing. For me this polishing of a product makes it the best on the market for me. 

You are confusing maketing with "polish." 

When people ask for content, they are not asking for new weapons, new warframes, new items, or new cosmetics. They are asking for content that involves a lot more than simply grinding for items. The content that people are asking for is content that is fun because it poses an actual challenge.

Adding New Maps, improving Bosses/Lore, and balancing existing weapons/warframes: Yes

Adding new weapons and warframes and an event every weekend: No

This game goes retail in a few months, so I think DE has reached the phase where it's time to stop adding new content and rework and tweak that which already exists. We have a plethora of weapons, but a lot of them are useless or lackluster. We need these to be made more unique or have the armor scaling system reworked so that 80% of weapons don't fall flat late game. Not to mention there's plenty of good Warframes in need of a buff.

Weekend events are nice but someone made a good point that DE shouldn't hold back content this way. If anything they need to get it out ASAP so we can beta test it for them. Save this for the final release. This game already has a good framework in place, but now is the time to fix the flaws at the core of the game instead of stacking new armor ignoring weapons on top of it.

Edited by Paradoxbomb