Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on unvaulted relic drops in the plains so far

kaviji

So, when I initially found out that the unvaulted relics would only be dropping in the plains, I was okay with it.  I didn't mind doing bounties, have all the focus waybounds to space kid dash around easily, and generally found them fun for a few runs.  While the friends I play with were complaining about it, and all the other changes going on, I was happily grinding away bounties, mentally counting all the plat I would make months from now.  Combined with all the recent changes, all of which I was quite happy with, I was really feeling excited about warframe and the state of the game. And this after over 3k hours playing. 

Now notice I am talking in the past tense above. Why? Because having to do bounties over and over and over again for the last month has completely burnt me out.  I have farmed about 15-25 of each relic in that time, have more lenses, eidolon lens blueprints, and gara parts than i will ever need and frankly, am sick of warframe.  This is really sad, because (judging from what people I play with say) I am one of the rare few who actually really like all of the recent changes, I love the direction the game is going in, I love all the new aspects of the weapons, arcanes, eidolons, etc., all of it.

And yet I cant bring myself to log in and play.  Forcing content into one repetitive grind was, and is, a very BAD idea.  Before, with the old system of unvaulted releases, I had a choice of faction to fight, mission style to run, and frame to play. If I wanted to focus on the relic or just possibly get one farming something else like cryotic, or just have the possibility of getting one without even farming for it, that was an option.  Now it is grineer over and over and over, mobility frames over and over and over,  the same 4 or 5 types of missions within the bounty over and over and over, it is the complete antithesis of what warframe is in my opinion.

In short, grinding the bounties for a month has taken this vet with renewed enthusiasm for the game with all the recent changes from excited to log in and play to unable to bring myself to even play long enough to get my syndicate standing done. The current pidgeon hole of unvaulted relics into one type of mission is a fast track to burn out and, in my opinion, bad for the health of warframe and the community. Please DE, dont ever do this again.

Edited by kaviji

It wouldn't be so dang bad if they had rebalanced the bounties so the relics had better drop chances or if they added a new system for them that let you improve their odd better, i have burned through like 10 Radiant Meso/Neo E1s and still no Ember Prime BP, they need to ensure we get them in large numbers, either by removing the other uncommon drops or giving us one for completing the bounty, letting us just buy the dang things ect, as it stands i have literally started getting queezy from the stress of trying to do this, and i ahve only been actively trying for a few days,