Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where I gripe about Eidolon hunts instead of finishing one

Steel_Will

I've done a few of these hunts now. And I'm here writing this instead of finishing another because after landing with a very good random group and killing the Teralyst one player was bugged and couldn't use any skills. I've had that issue myself several times. That's gripe 1. And it ended up killing our run because...

It also wouldn't let him sacrifice his shard on the alter. Of course that's after the rest of us had already sacrificed ours. So we were just out ours now that we couldn't do anything other than return to Cetus. The fact that can even happen is gripe 2. Now I suppose it's possible he instead just could have missed picking up his shard... 

And so I'll make gripe 3 the ease of missing your shard entirely because of... Packet loss? Wonky hit detection? Weird drop positions? Visibility issue? I don't know exactly, but it happens too often to only be player negligence. 

For gripe 4 I'll go with the lures still insisting on blocking your shots. And it's like they're moths to a flame when Volt barriers go up. 

Gripe 5 will be how the lures lose their leash and fall behind when a player they're following resurrects themselves. 

Getting back to blocked shots, I'll make gripe 6 the ground flora that you can walk through but apparently not shoot through as it triggers Granmu AOE in your face. 

Gripe 7 is the outright terrible hit box of the Synovia. 

The constant eyestrain throughout the fight is gripe 8. This game has always done weird things with brightness levels (stand on the arsenal pad on your orbiter and look at the ramp, notice how the walls on either side get darker as you move toward them or brighter as you walk away) but it's out of control here. 

Gripe 9 is the lack of any in mission timer for how much night is left, or even one in the star map for that matter. 

Which leads to gripe 10 which is having the lures disappear before the Eidolon retreats. This is just straight trollish. 

Now don't get me wrong, I think there's a fun game mode here, otherwise I wouldn't bother with playing it or leaving the feedback. It's just getting buried under issues that are starting to make it more frustrating than rewarding. 

Also, not so much a gripe but I think worth a mention, it would be very nice if shard markers indicated tier like Ayatan star markers do. 

Edit: I realized I left one off, so gripe 11 is Onkko's inability to count the number of lures you have and constantly ordering you to get more.

I also noticed I had a brilliant shard spawn on top of a tree instead of in line with the ring of other loot, so weird drop positions are definitely a factor there. And it wasn't just mine, I could tell from the glow someone else had missed theirs up there, so I marked it and sure enough they had to run back from the altar to get it. I also think leftover lures may be blocking them at times. 

The good news, I finally got my last articula, so I can take a break from this for a while. 

Edited by Steel_Will

The hunt definitely need Adjustments and bug fixing. DE already lowers the graphics for the Eidolon fight. It was worse before that change came. I REEALLY hope DE fix the randomly Teleporting Eidolons though. I've seen Hydrolyst do it (which is frustrating since he's the last boss) and we couldn't take down his shields without him teleporting. Teralyst done it once but he got captured after he teleported once. Also with gripe 7, 100% agree.

The bugs are awful and make a lot of runs harder or completely ruin them (like the one I was just in which ended up a complete massive waste of our time as people's abilities bugged out on our third eidolon, including some unable to even go into operator mode, and we ran out of revives). This is especially infuriating since you have limited windows to do it in the first place. Running out of revives in a public game on the third Eidolon and losing half an hour of effort and not getting any of your cores is just mind blowing bottom of the barrel garbage design. It's one of the few "end-game" activities and it's alpha quality at best. 

They need to fix the bugs (the game-breaking bugs that have received zero attention for weeks) and make it save cores and arcanes as you pick them up or let them be saved on an abort. Ideally they also need to get rid of their garbage time-gate mechanic. Just let people go into a night instance whenever they want and add a cap to arcanes per eidolon per day or something instead (IE: eidolon bounties are always up and going into the planes with one starts you at the start of a night cycle at any time). 

This system is really awful for anyone who pubs it as the bugs tend to show up when people go down. Running out of patience/hope that this system is worth the time or effort we're currently wasting on it.