Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Reasons Why This Event Is Kinda Bad.

Shezo

1. Previous event had some sort of baseline, an expectation of some sort.

We knew the minimum amount of points needed and the maximum one. We could plan how much time to spend on this event, knew how much is enough at least from personal standpoint.

When i had got 250 points, it felt like i did my part.

Now look at the present event -- no baseline, no expectations, repeatable alerts where you're not sure how many times you should run them, how many times you should do scout ships in the void and how many points is expected from you.

A lot of confusion, in my opinion.

2. No personal reward.

Yes, access to grineer outposts is a reward, but it's not personal.

3. It's a hustle to do the event.

Repeatable alerts + the need to find people in LFG chat is kinda bad.

Fomorian event was much better in this regard -- do Xini with randoms for corruptors, do Fomorian with randoms, quick and easy.

The fact that we DON'T know how much we have to do is good, actually. Makes some people want to contribute even more. It's an event for the entire community, not just the individual.

If we are successful in our mission*:

- All contributing players will receive a holographic event badge
- Top clans will receive a statue for their Dojo**
- A new set of enemies and the Grineer Settlement will be revealed!

That is a personal reward, a clan reward AND a reward for absolutely everyone. Not saying its a huge reward or something you want (personally I couldn't care less about the two first ones) but they ARE rewards.

Edited by Tarudizer

The Void part of this event killed it for me, get a party, run the mission, Party get's destroyed for no reason and you have to invite every single person again .. If one of them has NAT issues during that, well, you have to look for a new one. I am in a clan, so that's not the biggest issue for me, but i can only imagine what kind of torture it must be for people without one.

They could have put the corpus ship in the actual solar system like they did with the fomorian, preventing the party from vanishing after completing the Mission.

This event feels rushed and besides the void effect in the corpus ships, there seems to be no effort put into it at all.

Looking forward to the new tileset though .. 

I agree we should have some kind of personal reward dependent on how much we contribute.

The rest, no. I like that it doesn't say, "Okay gang! Kill a million spies and we win! Yippeee!"

Can't wait for the new tileset

EDIT: spelling

Edited by misoru2012

I was actually surprised that they were doing another weekend event so soon. I could have sworn that these event's were going to be monthly at the very least. Doing them so often definitely takes it's toll on the quality. Even though this one is much more of an actual "Event" over double affinity, something about it has lost it's punch from say, the Fomorian ship event.

I don't feel any sense of urgency or teamwork as I did. Having to gather corruptors and then use coordination with your team to implement them felt good. It felt like you weren't just doing another mission, but actually tangibly working together.

I don't see as much effort into the Corpus void missions. Sure, the idea is simply that Corpus ships were sent into the void so it stands to reason that we would be on regular Corpus ships but something about the Void skybox and visual effect don't add enough to make the situation stand out.

I would have gladly waited another month for the Grineer settlements if they wanted to make that the prize for a really good event.