Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion that lets makes getting specific prime parts more friendly

Zzinged

Right now I'm having a hard time in Warframe. I have a list of prime parts that I want to get, but some times they're primes that aren't popular, or items that aren't new. The end result is a loooooong wait in order to get a squad of Tenno together that share the same goal. If you've ever been waiting for a very long time just to find players who want to run 1 specific relic for 1 specific part, then you might be interested in this suggestion.

I propose to make relic refinement increase drop chances for your specific relic based on the number and refinement of all relics present in the party. 

Right now if you have 4 players, each with a radiant relic, your chance to get a rare reward is 34.39%. Naturally, players want to maximise their chances and minimise the traces required to get their specific part. The best way to do this is to group up with 3 other players who have the same relic and want a reward in the same tier. Sometimes, that can take a very long time before you can find people in recruiting chat.

What if each relic affected your own relic's reward table drop chances? Let's say, for sake of argument, that each additional radiant relic (or whatever refinement level) present in the party would skew your own relic's drop tables? Suddenly, you could have a full squad of Tenno, each running a different relic based on what they're pursuing. Instead of waiting a long time to find 3 other people who want to run the same relic as you, you could just simply put out a recruitment call like, "H> 3 Neo Rad"! 

It wouldn't matter what relic your squadmates pick, because each additional relic (and refinement level) would increase your chances of getting the reward you're after. And your relic would provide the same bonuses for your squadmates.

tl;dr make each relic in your squad alter your own relic's reward chances so you can get the prime part you want without having to wait ages to find 3 other people who need the same relic as you 

Edited by Zzinged

The problem I see with this, is that if the whole team wanted the reward from a rare relic that only one person had, they could all radiant common relics and then radiant a single rare one. And then they could just choose the reward yielded by this rare relic at the end.

It is easily exploitable.

Edited by VadiseReikaz

On 09/03/2018 at 7:56 PM, VadiseReikaz said:

The problem I see with this, is that if the whole team wanted the reward from a rare relic that only one person had, they could all radiant common relics and then radiant a single rare one. And then they could just choose the reward yielded by this rare relic at the end.

It is easily exploitable.

That's true. I'm just tired of not being able to find people who want the exact same relic as me :(