Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new game +/ end game

LeBaguette101

so currently we need to grind for end game if we wish not to do sorties or have already done the current sortie, i have two suggestions that surly don't require much effort.

1)

option one is to allow us to select the mission level, earth has such a nice tile set but we can never use it due to how easy it is, been able to select the mission level after finishing every node on the planet would be a nice addition, it could even scale with the hosts mastery rank, this would add incentive to get mastery because after a threshold the is no reason to keep going, to go the extra mile you could make rare loot drop more often or increase credit drops depending on each tier, so tier 1=lvl 100-150 and every 50 lvls the % goes up.

2)

the other option is a new game + of sorts, so after you reach the end of the star chart and kill every boss and major quest the could be a option to go ng+, the lowest lvl planet will now be the next step up from the current highest lvl planet and it just scales up accordingly. to add incentive you could do the whole loot+ credit drop idea or add mods exclusive to ng+. i would love to just jump into a higher levelled missions when i want.

furthermore:

currently it feels like the devs have been focusing on the new player experience, this is fine but veterans feel somewhat neglected. im playing warframe less and less and recently ive been going weeks without play for the first time since i downloaded warframe i recon this is down to no incentive to keep lvling weapons especially if the is almost nowhere i can use them. and when i do play its just one or so missions. simply adding harder content and some more progression would give me and some friends the urge to jump in and get playing again, dark sectors have been removed along time ago and hopefully will be another form of endgame that will make this post obsolete but until then ill sigh every time i play warframe. they have been gone for... what 2 years? i hope raids dont fall to the same fate of seemingly been forgotten because actual raids could also make this post somewhat obsolete. i know for a fact im not alone with this problem and would like the devs to read this and encourage everyone who itches for a end game to show support or create a post with your own idea. im sure this will fly under the radar but i feel the need to vent my frustration. i do not hate warframe by any mark, its by far my most played game but i currently cant see my self coming back for any duration, atleast not untill venus open world drops but then again i wont stay long if its a niceish open world with glorified alerts to boot, it would be a welcome asset but unless it brings something massively new ill just enjoy it for as-long as i can. i complain because i love the game and want it to boost its self up and improve. 

Your first idea has been suggested a few times, I think, and I still agree with it. It'd let us play on the reworked tilesets while actually being able to get something from it. Your second idea isn't bad but probably needs a little fleshing out, perhaps have the NG+ mode spawn the special kuva grineer as they're tougher than normal ones.

16 hours ago, LeBaguette101 said:

1)

option one is to allow us to select the mission level, earth has such a nice tile set but we can never use it due to how easy it is, been able to select the mission level after finishing every node on the planet would be a nice addition, it could even scale with the hosts mastery rank, this would add incentive to get mastery because after a threshold the is no reason to keep going, to go the extra mile you could make rare loot drop more often or increase credit drops depending on each tier, so tier 1=lvl 100-150 and every 50 lvls the % goes up.

This would destroy matchmaking.

16 hours ago, LeBaguette101 said:

2)

the other option is a new game + of sorts, so after you reach the end of the star chart and kill every boss and major quest the could be a option to go ng+, the lowest lvl planet will now be the next step up from the current highest lvl planet and it just scales up accordingly. to add incentive you could do the whole loot+ credit drop idea or add mods exclusive to ng+. i would love to just jump into a higher levelled missions when i want.

This would obliterate matchmaking.

The key to cosmetics and fancy things is other players need to see them, to have something to reach for. If low level players never see anything but other, low level players, there's nothing to aim for.

Easy solution to the matchmaking issue: Make private lobbies scale based on MR. That gives more incentive to play with clanmates, more incentive to make friends, more incentive to grind weapons, and DOES NOT affect current matchmaking in the least. 

I think having a new planet or a new system to explore would also fix this problem. Let us bring the fight to the Sentients instead of waiting around for them. Give us more challenge and endless options that have rewards that scale up to you instead of just getting the same reward seven times in a row. Give us some kind of a boss rush or multi-boss nightmare mission. 

Or hey, people are clamoring for replayable quests, let us play early game quests at a level scaled to our MR. Give us something challenging to do! I would love to see weapons added that you can only attain by completing high level challenges. Reward skill and dedication to the game instead of only resource collection.

Edited by DepressiveOgre

making cosmetics the endgame is just stupid, yeah i guess it entices new players but new players are more likely going to open a wallet to get them apposed to trading, the way matchmaking could somewhat work is that when you click on a mission it shows options, so with my first idea it would show a load of people and the levels they have selected, for example: (ill make the usernames up)

sedna - hydron

pumpy dumpy - lvl 40

sack o life -  lvl 45

phat boi - lvl 100

shows the name of the host and what level they have picked you can just click the one you wish to join and with ng+ it would be somthing like:

sedna - hydron

regular game -  open squads 5

new game + -  open squads 3

the devs could even lock people joining new game + if they wished and limit to ppl how have only done that in ng+

my ideas would indeed cause a issue with matchmaking, something i had almost forgotten about due to premade squads and solo play being all i ever do. unfortunately my 2nd option would potentially harm matchmaking a fair amount but i feel like my first idea is valid

endgame should never be to look the best but to push past the hardest content the game can offer to a certain amount, warframe is one of the few mmo games that has a poor endgame, the devs have kind of done this to their self's,one look at warframes structure and you would think the last planet would be the hardest however the game has implemented weapons that fully melt these enemy's making it a false summit, players then look to the other options, sorties and edilons, sorties become jokes much like the the star chart due to how the game is balanced and edilons are fun and the new versions can be challenging, endgame this small is a joke  and maybe my solutions rant the answer, another idea i have is adding new planets but idk, it would cluster the map it would just be reused tile sets but maybe reusing ceres and earths tile sets for harder planets inst such a bad idea, i mean they added the kuva fortress and the void  

6 minutes ago, DepressiveOgre said:

Easy solution to the matchmaking issue: Make private lobbies scale based on MR. That gives more incentive to play with clanmates, more incentive to make friends, more incentive to grind weapons, and DOES NOT affect current matchmaking in the least. 

I think having a new planet or a new system to explore would also fix this problem. Let us bring the fight to the Sentients instead of waiting around for them. Give us more challenge and endless options that have rewards that scale up to you instead of just getting the same reward seven times in a row. Give us some kind of a boss rush or multi-boss nightmare mission. 

Or hey, people are clamoring for replayable quests, let us play early game quests at a level scaled to our MR. Give us something challenging to do! I would love to see weapons added that you can only attain by completing high level challenges. Reward skill and dedication to the game instead of only resource collection.

another good idea

love the idea of fighting this threat the devs have been dangling in front of us by a fishing rod just out of our reach,

all of your ideas would be welcome additions to the game for sure

Edited by LeBaguette101

4 minutes ago, LeBaguette101 said:

another good idea

I think a majority of these complaints could be very easily addressed. I think making endgame content more rewarding and challenging isn't all that difficult to do it's just not getting done. When Plains were announced, night was made out to be a time that was exclusive to high level players but it's really not. I've had to solo Eidolons because I'm the only player in the party that has beaten the main questline.

Raids were almost that but they weren't really what the game needs either. I do think they have a following and should come back but like the game needs real mechanically challenging fights and concepts that reward skill as much as time. It's not like anyone's asking for a lot, just give us a carrot to follow around. Throw us a bone. 

Edited by DepressiveOgre