The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe *badass System*

pdxdubin

If you played borderlands 2

That is all

I will go into details on this if people seem to actually care for it

But atm I am stuck running event missions 

I will just start posting my replies, because they will eventually make up the entirety of a logical informative thread.

Basically I was thinking instead of badass

We could do a type of "corrupted" rank where normal enemies look like orokin enemies, or stalker enemies.

Giving them massive stats, a larger size and specific ailments / bonuses.

Meaning that a normal roller ball could turn into the "Corrupted Frozen Rollerball" 

Making it massive in size, giving it 20x the normal amount of hp, and 20x the normal amount of damage.

And of course the drop rates / chances of rare mods would be through the roof, and these types of enemies would be somewhat rare. 

And of course the chances of this happening will increase in later levels, Ie you may see 1 - 2 corrupted enemies on average in pluto missions.

And you will never see them on mercury.

It is a way to change the pace of game play, and give notice to higher ranking planets. 

Edited by pdxdubin

But badass ranks in Borderlands 2 suck and are completely unnoticeable, especially compared to the weapon proficiencies from the first game.

Maybe the direct application of the same idea isn't right but the general concept that at least, no matter what you're doing, you're always incrementally increasing your character is definitely valid.

care to explain what is it? i play borderland 2... but looks like my memory failed me....

We could do a type of "corrupted" rank where normal enemies look like orokin enemies, or stalker enemies.

Meaning that a normal roller ball could turn into the "Corrupted Frozen Rollerball" 

Making it massive in size, giving it 20x the normal amount of hp, and 20x the normal amount of damage.

And of course the drop rates / chances of rare mods would be through the roof, and these types of enemies would be somewhat rare. 

And of course the chances of this happening will increase in later levels, Ie you may see 1 - 2 corrupted enemies on average in pluto missions.

It is a way to change the pace of game play, and give notice to higher ranking planets. 

Derailment Via Gifs?

if you say so

frnXxyM.gif

I don't care how you use that gif

it may be the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life.

And possibly that could be the difference between a normal grineer and a badass grineer ;p 

OP does not mean badass player rank, which would suck as we are already too powerful.

Badass enemies is the idea.

I like it, meeting something that makes you change tactics, reload and check your energy count would be welcome.

The game needs an occasional "oh shi..." moment!

I was going to say the same thing. I'd be a nice addition to the game if all enemies had a random chance to become "badass" enemies a la Borderlands style. Just imagine the sheer terror of encountering an Ultimate Badass Grineer Napalm Pyro-lord (mother of God...).

As for a rank system, they already do have those randomly selected achievements every level, they could expand upon the objectives and reward a point or something whenever you complete one, which you're free to invest in weapon or warframe proficiencies. (although I agree with Romanator0 that they would have to be a little more significant than the badass ranks from BL2).

Edited by Paradoxbomb