The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Cut Down Arid's Fear Rewards Requirement By Half.

Hayden_10-O

This really looks like a bad grindfest. 300 missions if you solo it. Who knows if it's faster doing it in groups thanks to the way groups work with void missions. Didn't DE want to make the game less repetitive?

Is there even a point in trying? We're already at 42%. If the event ends at 100% there's no way to get to 100 points anymore.

This really looks like a bad grindfest. 300 missions if you solo it. Who knows if it's faster doing it in groups thanks to the way groups work with void missions. Didn't DE want to make the game less repetitive?

Is there even a point in trying? We're already at 42%. If the event ends at 100% there's no way to get to 100 points anymore.

It's like you didn't read anything in this thread or look anything up at all. It's faster in groups. You get 3-5 points in a full group. The average is 4. There are 3 phases in this event. We're on the second phase when you posted. You still have plenty of time.

It's like you didn't read anything in this thread or look anything up at all. It's faster in groups. You get 3-5 points in a full group. The average is 4. There are 3 phases in this event. We're on the second phase when you posted. You still have plenty of time.

The second phase is already half over. There's no telling whether there'll be enough time or not.

Groups are nice and all but it's void missions. If they had implemented some reasonable matchmaking for the Void it would be okay. But this? The constant looking for group members in the chat, disbanding and regrouping after ever mission, abusing the friend list as some sort of matchmaking crutch? Meh. That's just forcing us to use a broken system.

StrictNat and network issues prevent some players from doing team mission runs. I'm a solo player as well and I'm having some problems joining and recruiting players. 100pts or a minimum of 25runs sure doesn't sound that bad when you're always part of a full 4/4 team, but consider doing 300 missions solo just to get that 100pts. It won't even be viable.

The second phase is already half over. There's no telling whether there'll be enough time or not.

Groups are nice and all but it's void missions. If they had implemented some reasonable matchmaking for the Void it would be okay. But this? The constant looking for group members in the chat, disbanding and regrouping after ever mission, abusing the friend list as some sort of matchmaking crutch? Meh. That's just forcing us to use a broken system.

And still it took me less than 3 hours to get my 100 points (and more since I got to 138) using this broken system. But you'd rather complain about having to do 300 runs solo. Yes the grouping system sucks but deal with it instead of complaining about how you have to do 300 runs when you have an option do it MUCH faster.

Unless you have NAT issues like some people do that forces you to go solo, I have little sympathy.

With a time requirement nearing a week 100 points is not unreasonable. Solo play is just poorly catered for

It won't be a week.

The event will most likely be over tomorrow at this rate.

Either add more progress bars or lower the requirment to 50 points.

Edited by Brimir

^ this pretty much...can't handle it? Don't complain here. People who solo find a way to survive.

Unless there are 3 or 4 more bar after this one anyone that found out they need 80-90 more than they had it is likely they failed by default. It takes more than 20 hours to get that many solo. Most mission are 5-10 minutes long including lobby time. The Void is 4mintues for anyone decently geared it just adds up to a lot of hours because of getting a single point of contribution for 3 mission done when solo.

Edited by LazyKnight

Ill defend the 100 points because its in line with the previous event in requiring 25 runs.

No it is not. The previous event could be done solo(including corrupter farming) in less than 100 runs. This event requires 300 runs solo.

The inability to queue and play with other players in the void is also hurting the event. For the last event people could grab an Alpha or Beta and have a good chance of playing with someone who had the other one. This made it a lot easier to get the 250 points since you would almost always get 7 or 5 points per run.

No it is not. The previous event could be done solo(including corrupter farming) in less than 100 runs. This event requires 300 runs solo.

The inability to queue and play with other players in the void is also hurting the event. For the last event people could grab an Alpha or Beta and have a good chance of playing with someone who had the other one. This made it a lot easier to get the 250 points since you would almost always get 7 or 5 points per run.

The issue is that for the informer event people were complaining that the event wasn't team based and the forums went nuts over that. Now people are complaining that its not enough solo based. I suggest to either get a squad or learn to live without having a few mods

StrictNat and network issues prevent some players from doing team mission runs. I'm a solo player as well and I'm having some problems joining and recruiting players. 100pts or a minimum of 25runs sure doesn't sound that bad when you're always part of a full 4/4 team, but consider doing 300 missions solo just to get that 100pts. It won't even be viable.

Situations like this exist, the event should be doable to people who have issues such as the one this guy has stated. Sadly I'm not too sure how DE would've made it so that the event promotes teamwork but still gives solo players a chance. Maybe making it so 1 key can be used up to 4 runs but each player consumes 1 run.

I've gotten my 100 points though so don't think I'm siding with the "cut down points required" petition. Besides that 100 point mod is going to be OPed so you should have to put in work for it.

Kind of defeats the co-op spirit of the game if you could do everything solo in the game. I do have sympathy for those who have NAT issues and HAVE to play solo. But such issues are separate from game design.

Also, in this event, you can totally skip farming keys if you choose. There are plenty of people willing to share keys so they can get the maximum score for each run. The common theme I see from you people complaining is that you have to put some effort into joining a PUG, which isn't much effort at all to begin with.

Edited by EetNotErn

The issue is that for the informer event people were complaining that the event wasn't team based and the forums went nuts over that. Now people are complaining that its not enough solo based. I suggest to either get a squad or learn to live without having a few mods

The solution for that would have been having every informer killed during the mission give every player a point. Make the requirements higher to compensate if needed. The requirements for the Snipetron Vandal were VERY low. 100(5 x the required 20) kills would have been fair if kills counted for every player.

This event gives every player a point per scout. That is good. What is not good is that the number of scouts is based on the number of players. The other problem is having to play two missions for every one you play in the void.

If you could just go for scouts without having to build a key from parts it would be a lot more reasonable. In fact, allowing people to go for scouts directly would require less missions than cutting the points required in half.

Situations like this exist, the event should be doable to people who have issues such as the one this guy has stated. Sadly I'm not too sure how DE would've made it so that the event promotes teamwork but still gives solo players a chance. Maybe making it so 1 key can be used up to 4 runs but each player consumes 1 run.

I've gotten my 100 points though so don't think I'm siding with the "cut down points required" petition. Besides that 100 point mod is going to be OPed so you should have to put in work for it.

Thanks for understanding. I'm still trying my best to get as close to 100pts doing solo runs. I really hope they will fix the strict nat and other network issues in the future if they will continue doing this kinds of events. I want to join teams and make it so that it won't be much of a grind but unless DE fixes the network issues, I'm stuck to playing solo mode most of the time.