The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Cut Down Arid's Fear Rewards Requirement By Half.

Hayden_10-O

Why should they do that

....too make it slightly less grindy for everyone? So solo players who already have to farm all of their own key components have to farm less? Because the difference between say, 3.5 scouts and 4 scouts is 4 runs, which for solo players is really 12 runs? What other reasons do you need?

But then there is no benefit for doing it with a squad

Aside from the fact squads can split up to do it faster? Besides the fact with 4 people each person only needs to bring ~8.25 keys? (one person needs to bring 9), which means they need to do 9 component runs, and then just run all the keys.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Difference between whining, and a bad system. DE wants us to help them make better events, this one was BAD compared to the ship one which allowed us the players to play ANYWHERE ancients spawned to get what we needed. This event forces us to do missions some of us LOATHE, just so we can do the next mission in the Cvoid.

And if the events are always the same it would get boring, also people complained for the same thing back then. People will complain no matter what.

Yes this event is repetitive as hell but why should people who half &#! it get the same rewards than people who go all in despite hating it?

Also crying about not getting the rewards and then saying you don't wanna work for them is kind of childish and is not constructive feedback.

Yes this event is repetitive as hell but why should people who half &#! it get the same rewards than people who go all in despite hating it?

i agree, if you don't have a key you shouldn't be allowed into the void, and it should suck a key from each player. we need to stop these damn leechers and welfare queens. vote ron paul

i agree, if you don't have a key you shouldn't be allowed into the void, and it should suck a key from each player. we need to stop these damn leechers and welfare queens. vote ron paul

That's exactly what I meant (sarcasm). Are you actually implying that everyone should get these mods right now even after DE said they're rewarded for everyone who gets 100 points? Nothing is stopping you from getting the points you know, other than your laziness.

And for that leechers and welfare queens remark, I'm actually getting keys myself and then invite pubs or friends in my games and I'm well over 100 points, but not enough to even show up in top 300.

I'm more than happy to take some people along for extra points, but I wouldn't mind if they bothered doing the alerts instead of sitting in Recruiting for hours shouting "LF CV"

Well, y'know, the alerts suck.

15 waves defense for one out of two components?

Ugh.

I did do my share of keys, but once that started becoming the norm... no thanks.

I got this done fairly quickly with my clan speed-running constantly. I agree that it's fairly simple with even a half-dedicated team/clan.

However, it is forcing people to play with others online. In a clan this is still not too much of a problem. The problem starts to become obvious when you consider people not in clans who have to constantly search for free people in recruiting, deal with drop-outs, dc's, immense lag, noob players, etc. It can become a real hassle to have to pug it out so many times with so many people turning recruiting into the new-york stock exchange.

And, of course, solo players get the shaft. 

I suppose if DE is trying to force people to join clans and play online then it's quite a clever scheme.

Find a group, run alerts with them until everyone has enough mats for 8 keys. Preferably wait for alerts like spy, sabotage or raid that can be rushed in 2-3 minutes.

Once everyone has 8 keys, alternate who's hosting and presto you have 100 points. This is taking into account that you get 3 points each mission (which you wont, you'll get 4 and sometimes 5 even).

So running the missions in groups will take you a maximum of 32 runs. If you're lucky and don't get any 3 pointers then you can do it in 25 runs.

I got this done fairly quickly with my clan speed-running constantly. I agree that it's fairly simple with even a half-dedicated team/clan.

However, it is forcing people to play with others online. In a clan this is still not too much of a problem. The problem starts to become obvious when you consider people not in clans who have to constantly search for free people in recruiting, deal with drop-outs, dc's, immense lag, noob players, etc. It can become a real hassle to have to pug it out so many times with so many people turning recruiting into the new-york stock exchange.

I suppose if DE is trying to force people to join clans and play online then it's quite a clever scheme.

i am in a clan but i did this event basically through the clanless point of view(aka, asking in recruting channel) and i still got 101 points very quickly, solo players dont have to be even on everything, its a fact, no matter what game you go, if theres a possibility of doing things in a group, it`ll be done faster(and most likely easier too)

Find a group, run alerts with them until everyone has enough mats for 8 keys. Preferably wait for alerts like spy, sabotage or raid that can be rushed in 2-3 minutes.

Once everyone has 8 keys, alternate who's hosting and presto you have 100 points. This is taking into account that you get 3 points each mission (which you wont, you'll get 4 and sometimes 5 even).

So running the missions in groups will take you a maximum of 32 runs. If you're lucky and don't get any 3 pointers then you can do it in 25 runs.

Easy enough if you're in a decent clan, other wise your first sentence is the problem. Finding a group for most new/clanless/solo players is not as easy as clicking your fingers. Needed matchmaking in this event at the very least.

I would still say 100 is barely a little much.

It does force people into Co-Op (which wouldn't be a problem if co-op was standable most of time outside small to mid sized clans), but it also makes solo a silly thing.

Half would be too little for co-op players (3 runs = ~4 points).
It's better to assume a middle amount of players (2 or 3) rather than a full party when planning rewards.

Yeah how dare DE encourage online co-op play in an online co-op game. I have sympathy for those who have to play solo because of network issues and I can agree that points for solo play could be bumped up a bit but your outrage against DE for promoting online co-op play is just plain ridiculous considering that's the whole draw of the game.

Easy enough if you're in a decent clan, other wise your first sentence is the problem. Finding a group for most new/clanless/solo players is not as easy as clicking your fingers. Needed matchmaking in this event at the very least.

Is it so hard to make friends if you're not in a clan? After all this time playing have you not made 4 friends who will be willing to farm a little? You don't need clans to do this I myself just used the recruiting tab to find people to join my keys and to find people hosting keys and it only took me 2 hours max to get 100 points.