Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pavlov (Lua) failing even after 3 successful hacks

Training myself to learn how the spy mission on Lua works (Pavlov), I come across the annoying pipe puzzle.

After having hacked all 3 consoles with grand success, I decide to try and do this aggravating puzzle.

As usual, I keep failing anfd re-trying.

Then a message pops up, saying there's 1 minute left before all other objectives are destroyed.

Since I have all 3 hacked, there is no need to worry about lost data. 'I've got everything', I think to myself.

The timer runs out, and I get a mission failure... :shocked:

Why on earth would you put a timer on a mission, and make the player fail even even after having succeeded in the main objective?
Just because I am struggling at a puzzle that has nothing to do with the mission itself, time runs out and force-ends the mission for me?

As I recollect myself from the disbelief and feeling betrayed and cheated upon...
A kind request to remove your ... 'mission timer' would be most welcome.
I am trying to get a drift mod, and getting more than simply aggravated by it enough allready.
Last thing one needs is to see all that hard work go to waste, because of a 'mission timer'.

Maybe we could have mission timers on endless missions as well?
That would be nice to see at a fissure defense with 4 more waves remaining; '1 minite untill you lose all your relics'

Forgive my sarcasm.
I'm just anything but amused by this.

Still, punishing the player while they are not afk, but actively solving a puzzle, with a mission failure...

Ordis could be all like; 'I'm missing you too much operator, sorry but I am going to extract you now.' and have it end in a mission complete instead.

If someone goes afk in a mission... there's ways to track that.
And DE can then still choose what they do with someone being afk in their mission.

This is just seeing your work crumble before your very own eyes, with an extra slap in the face.

Yeah it is the afk timer that requires you to kill an enemy every 10-15 or so minutes. While it's a measure to counter AFKers (a bad measure let's be honest, it's not hard to kill an enemy, this prevents very few and specific situations of leeching), DE should just make it so the timer deactivates if you play Solo or with friends Invited. I personally like to go solo or with friends on tilesets and have fun exploring. If I'm solo I can waste 30 minutes on a tileset and the timer popping up is aggravating since not all maps, tilesets and actions allow you to refresh it, let alone the times when enemies won't spawn near you.