Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Rant About The Font Consistency And Usage On Ui

Athros

As you can see in the title, currently there two different font used in game, the old font used mainly in option menus and the new condensed font that used in UI mission, login, and etc. This creates a sense of conflict, and honestly, it pains my eyes to see more than two fonts used alternately in game.

I still think the old font is better, although there some space issues on displaying informations and lotsa text, like in scoreboard and end mission report. It clearly readable, and somehow it's 'nice' and 'comfy' on the eye while displaying a little/short texts.

The new font is kinda way too stiff and somehow unfit to the whole UI in my eyes, and quite squeezed to the point I have to saw every short text twice to make sure what is written. Sure, with condensed type font you could fit more text (and clearly equals to more info), but at least use the same family type as the old font, if it does have any.

Or better, use another font that contain both normal and condensed typeface. That way it'll create a synergy between the two usage of different typeface, if the devs really should use two typeface in the designboard.

TL;DR (maybe someone will need it):

- Please use only one font for all UI.

- The new condensed font is unfit for the current UI, even on the updated ones.

Sorry if there's any biased and wrongful view of the UI, but I'm only a designer-wannabe, not a ful fledged professional...