Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Mods

Kickboxing_Banana

Currently the most useless mod in the game is Shocking Touch. Maxed Focus Energy mod is 2 points cheaper and has double the electrical damage boost compared to the maxed Shocking Touch. Shocking Touch should give +90% electrical damage just like maxed Molten Impact does with fire damage.

Another soon-to-be useless mod is Metal Auger. Maxed Shred has double the puncture bonus compared to the maxed Metal Auger, and is also 4 points cheaper. Base cost of Metal Auger should be lowered from 10 to 3.

Edited by GalliumGD

I think puncture is underrated. With the new mod you will be able to get close to 2m of puncture which put on something like the snipertron, you'll be getting double and triple kills all over the place. There's just something about popping a shot and 3 guys dying that feels really badass and fun.

I think puncture is underrated. With the new mod you will be able to get close to 2m of puncture which put on something like the snipertron, you'll be getting double and triple kills all over the place. There's just something about popping a shot and 3 guys dying that feels really badass and fun.

That + the HUGE Corpus outpost defense map.

Shotgun Spazz.  Accelerated Blast exists and I cant imagine a reson  you would need more fire rate that what AB gives.

Fast Deflection.  Fortitude exists and 20% chance to resist is worth the 10% less recharge rate.

Quick Rest.  I guess it could be useful, but I don't really see why you would need it when stamina recharges to full in about 1 second.

Thunderbolt.  Only mod capable of actually reducing your dps.  Nerfed to the ground and terrible on anything past level 30.

Blunderbuss/Ravage.  Currently no shotguns with decent enough crit chance to use this.  Wiki says strun is at 7.5% so Blunderbuss would give each pellet a 14.25% chance to crit.  Not worth it.

Edited by MeteorKing

Shotgun Spazz.  Accelerated Blast exists and I cant imagine a reson  you would need more fire rate that what AB gives.

Fast Deflection.  Fortitude exists and 20% chance to resist is worth the 10% less recharge rate.

Quick Rest.  I guess it could be useful, but I don't really see why you would need it when stamina recharges to full in about 1 second.

Thunderbolt.  Only mod capable of actually reducing your dps.  Nerfed to the ground and terrible on anything past level 30.

Blunderbuss/Ravage.  Currently no shotguns with decent enough crit chance to use this.  Wiki says strun is at 7.5% so Blunderbuss would give each pellet a 14.25% chance to crit.  Not worth it.

I personally find Quick rest very useful.

The new mods have not rendered the older mods "useless". In the grand scheme of things they have simply widen the scope of options. As the mod pool grows the various mods, old and new, will allow for far greater customization of equipment.

The Gorgon doesn't make the Braton useless does it?

The new mods have not rendered the older mods "useless". In the grand scheme of things they have simply widen the scope of options. As the mod pool grows the various mods, old and new, will allow for far greater customization of equipment.

The Gorgon doesn't make the Braton useless does it?

Braton's accuracy makes Gorgon useless.

Emptying the entire clip of a Sobek in 3 seconds. Not so useful with the other shotguns, but with Sobek you could potentially have the highest burst damage in the game.

I suppose, but if you're formaing Sobek enough that another fire rate mod is better than a damage mod, then your idea of "usefulness" is warped.

Shotgun Spazz effectively increases your DPS by 90%, including all damage and elemental mod damage already applied. Adding in another elemental damage mod would only add another 90% of the base damage, of that element. So Shotgun Spazz, in terms of dps, is functionally another base damage mod that costs extra ammo to use. You only need one elemental damage mod (AP counts), in order for it to be more advantageous DPS-wise than just adding another elemental damage mod. Edited by Grilleds

I understand what you're saying but there is no denying that as there are 20 shots in a mag and 120 in the pool, 90% faster firerate would effectively lower your dps over an elemental mod since you would blow through your ammo and be left with nothing.  Once you pass a reasonable fire rate efficiency becomes immensely more important.  If you can manage to keep yourself with a full stock of ammo, then everything I have said becomes mush. Perhaps the new mutator mods help, I haven't used my shotguns since they came out.

I understand what you're saying but there is no denying that as there are 20 shots in a mag and 120 in the pool, 90% faster firerate would effectively lower your dps over an elemental mod since you would blow through your ammo and be left with nothing.  Once you pass a reasonable fire rate efficiency becomes immensely more important.  If you can manage to keep yourself with a full stock of ammo, then everything I have said becomes mush. Perhaps the new mutator mods help, I haven't used my shotguns since they came out.

Have you ever heard of ammo packs?