Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Room Arrangement is a Pain in the Arse.

G-I-D

Good Evening,

I'm currently trying to rebuild the my entire Dojo. Making it a bit more "appealing" to look at. But the Way as you can do right now, I also wan't to mention it's the ONLY Way to do it.

Let me explain the Picture. This. Is the current 2nd Floor, horrible isn't it? You see what I'm trying to do here is to delete the Elevator (marked in the Red Square with "1") but in order to do so I have to delete all of the Rooms (marked in the Red Squares with "2"). As you might see 2 of the Rooms marked with "2" are Barracks. Because this is a Storm Clan. Destroying theese would pretty much result in degrading the Clan to a Shadow one, so 2 downgrades in Clantier in other Words beeing unable to upgrade again for the next 4 months (idk if that is really true since one downgrade will disable the ability to level up again for 2 months but since this would require 2 downgrades it would be 4 months, right? I don't wan't to try it out either). And I'm VERY positive that no one would be patient enough to wait for the Clan to rank up again for 4 months and to be reinvited. Because the Space would decrease too. To only 10.

You see what I'm trying to say. I ain't gonna downgrade my Clan. I did it once and I regreted it for 2 months. The Green Squares marked with "3" are my Attemps on connecting the Floor at different points on the Floor beneath. But that din't worked. That is the Main Reason why I come here to talk about this.

The Game is restricting me from building the Dojo I wan't to build. In a Way that isn't logical. So it would be best if a patch comes around and fixes this Issue of not beeing able to destroy a Room/Elevator because it has "Child" Components even tho thoose "Child" Components are connected to the same Room the Mother Room is connected to, just at a different Spot.

Another Solution would be to implement a new "System" that would allow you to pre-build your Dojo, or in other words Plan it out before you build it. Preventing this Mess you see in the Picture, by enabeling you to Connect the Rooms in a 3D view like Lego bricks. Letting you move, swap and making it overall easier to build your Dojo. And I'm sure that somethign like that wouldn be that hard to Programm, DE managed to create something truly beautiful out of the broken Mess that Warframe was back then. So this should be a Piece of Cake. I would be satisfied with just some Blue boxes with little red dots on them that show where the connection points are. Something like what i created in Paint in the second Picture. 

I hope something will be done about this. The Dojo remastered Update jsut rolled around the Corner so why not throw this is too?

EDIT:

Also, I just remembered this. Maybe the Possibility of colouring the Decorations? And also maybe more colouring options for the Rooms, diming lights like in Captura? Wallpapers (WALL papers)? Also the... Jukebox, can't remember the name of that thing. could be placed in the Dojo too?

20180324213715_1.jpg
Unbenannt.png

Edited by GameOrDerp
I remembered an Idea.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, the Dojo building system is in dire need of an update. Personally, one of the major things I'd like to see redone are the halls. Let's say I want to build the Grandest Hall, in order to do this I need to build the three other halls before I can do that. What I would like to have instead is something like an upgrade system where I can build one hall and then simply upgrade it to one of the others.

As for a construction system for the dojo, maybe we could have like a top down view of the dojo and then just simply drag and drop the rooms where we want them to be.

Uh. Why is only your east wing used? Can't you just build your barracks towards the west wing, so you can remove them in your picture... And the snake path. 

Thinking about it, I ran into a similar problem and rebuild the dojo from scratch. As ours is a 10 men tent, it's easy... But in your case... Owww crap... :o

As sort-of-mentioned above, I believe you can build another copy of your barracks before you delete the unfortunatelly-attached-to-the-lift ones.

Also, dojo contsruction is running on essentially 4 year old code. I'm not sure if there's even a way to transition to the new system without completely blowing dojos up. Last (and only) time there was a dojo shake up, I believe you had to start from scratch.

This system of parent-child is to prevent isolated rooms. Which sadly also prevents exchanging rooms without tearing everything else down. What if I want to replace a + room with an -, cause i don't use the other nodes? 

Yeah. Tear down 30 rooms, 5 reactors, 5 elevators, 4 unused clan halls  and all labs. This is just my east wing. Not mentioning my westwing.