Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Absolute Worst Farming Experience

WarframeNighthawK

Ambulas Assination.

I hated the Ambulas Assassination. It's not like doing Mutalist Alad V or Kela de Thaym or farming Ivara, which also took a lot of missions. 

I'm no stranger to farming approximately 1/3 chances and getting duplicates, the problem is that the Ambulas Assassination takes too much missions to even enter, and the missions are not a set amount unlike about 9 for a Mutalist Alad V run or 1-2 (depending on which arena and taking refund into account) for a Kela de Thaym run.

Because of the Ambulas Reinforcement mechanic, Sometimes I'll need 8 missions, sometimes 4, worst one is about 13. It was so annoying to get only 4 Animo Nav Beacon when I needed 5, ending up with 39/40. Not to mention that not all reinforcements in Pluto will have an Ambulas, I had to farm it in Outer Terminus in Pluto. 

Also I hated the mission itself, the mission depends on a timer which meant that no matter how good you are, it will always take a set amount of time. I've farmed Ivara, Mesa and Saryn, and they even took longer, but farming Trinity is the worst farming experience I had because it cascades too much RNG and it depends on a timer.

My worst run was when I ran with a player, all he did was add to the +1 to the 4 Ambulas requirement and spawn more enemies while just staying invisible in his Loki in a corner just watching me do all the work. That made me do all my subsequent runs in Solo.

So far I got 8 Neuroptics, 2 Chassis before I managed to get a Systems. Unlucky but not Uncommon. The problem is that I took 6+ hours to do about 11 runs. While in farming Ivara for example I spent roughly the same amount of time doing about 50+ runs. But I still had fun because it was easy to get into the groove.

TL;DR, why Ambulas Assassination is the worst:

Ambulas for beacon farming showing up in a Condor Dropship is not 100%, roughly 50% 
Animo Nav Beacon dropping exactly 5 is not 100%
Reinforcements in missions take 2:30 exactly to show up.
The mission takes exactly about 4 * 1:30 in solo, assuming perfect performance.
The mission itself was harder than most bosses because of the defend objective.

Individually each of these isn't that bad, but when cascaded it's literally the worst farming experience.

Edited by WarframeNighthawK