Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

...and You Get A True Steel! Everybody Gets A True Steel!

carbondragon

Seriously, if you get a True Steel, everybody gets a True Steel. (Disclaimer: Not saying True Steel is bad, it's just really common.)

I don't know how others feel, but these Oprah-style mod drops just suck to me.

I loved running Void missions where I find a Continuity and that same pickup is Barrel Diffusion for another and Rhino Stomp for someone else. Now it seems like there's less chance for people to get rare mods, since, assuming a group of 4, the chance for unique drops is now 25% of what it once was. Maybe some people like this because they get jealous when a team mate calls a mod and they've gotten Retribution when all you got was Flechette. Me personally, I like the chase of hearing someone call their shiny new multishot mod and then running back to try for something like that. Even if I wind up with a True Steel, at least I know my team mate got something worth while and I feel good for them for it.

As it is now, I'm more and more tempted to not even mark most of the mods I get, since everyone and their sister has 15,000 copies of every Frame common and some of the weapon commons. I certainly don't go out of my way to run back when I hear "*sigh" Slash Dash..." over voice. Makes rushing seem like a good idea sometimes...

Yeah, I definitely miss the times where the drops where unique to each player, now everyone gets the same stuff...  It just bothers me, somewhere deep inside, my selfish heart aches for those times.

I don't even know why they implemented this, I didn't ask for it and to be honest I didn't see anyone else asking for it either.

One more thing that makes me uncomfortable playing this game.

Edited by Kohira

Mods from Void containers are still random for each person, just the mods that drop from mobs are the same for everybody.

I personally have nothing against that, I got a Handspring yesterday and the 3 friedns playing with me got it also, too much luck.

My problem is with the bugged drop tables, where are them fusion cores :x

I've never really cared what the other people in the group got so this change makes no difference to me but I guess It would be more exciting if everyone got something different. At least now you can mark rare/desirable mods and your teammates will know it's something good.

No bro, you get expel corpus. Everybody gets expel corpus.

And Reach.

All dat Reach.

Also, dat Void leakage.

Yeah, I definitely miss the times where the drops where unique to each player, now everyone gets the same stuff...  It just bothers me, somewhere deep inside, my selfish heart aches for those times.

I don't even know why they implemented this, I didn't ask for it and to be honest I didn't see anyone else asking for it either.

One more thing that makes me uncomfortable playing this game.

I'm not sure why either. That's why I figure it was someone on the Design Council whining or something. I've literally never seen a thread complaining about the RNG favoring peoples' buddies over them that drastically.

I much prefer the new Oprah-style mod drops. It's a bit fairer this way.

You know what this means though, right? Trading will never be a thing so long as this system exists.

My 4 Glaives, 3 Seers, and 2 spare Vaubans/Banshees weep for that system so much.

Edited by carbondragon