Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Tried

Ventias

I beg you DE never use this void system for an event again, i beg you.

i tried liking this event but i just cant lie to my self. I made an effort to do at least a few runs for the sake of people who told me on the forums that it was easy "just find 3 people with 7 keys each". But with this bugged invite/join mechanism, it is so painful.

Dont get me wrong, i appreciate all the effort. The story was well thought out, these alert keys were interesting, and these new enemies (i think?, based on the forums) in the event void missions are nice. But the invite mechanism is just killing me.

This is by far the worst event.  Most of the people I've talked to are having major matchmaking problems, and soloing is near impossible (if you want all 3 mods).  Getting into the top clan slot, top 100 single players, or even just getting all 3 mod rewards are now based 100% on how stable the matchmaking is for you, because no amount of personal effort will make up for that. 

Let's break this down the math for a second: if you run solo, you need 1 key for 1 point.  If 4 people are going, 1 person out of that needs a key, and everyone gets 4 points (usually).  That means solo players are generating just over 1/16 of the points that full groups do, with the same amount of effort.  That is unbelievably BS. 

We have also had other mistakes this time around.  Personal rewards weren't announced at the start of the event, creating a lot of confusion.  The event is scheduled to run for 6 days instead of just a weekend, which will prevent a lot of people with school, jobs, or other commitments from getting into the top 100.  This event comes right on the heels of a double experience weekend (and an event the weekend before that), so a lot of people are already burnt out.  And finally, this event looks like it will be finished significantly ahead of schedule, which once again will screw over players who have been hoarding keys with the intent of doing later runs. 

All in all, this event has been nothing but a disaster. 

Edited by Ganpot

This is by far the worst event.  Most of the people I've talked to are having major matchmaking problems, and soloing is near impossible (if you want all 3 mods).  Getting into the top clan slot, top 100 single players, or even just getting all 3 mod rewards are now based 100% on how stable the matchmaking is for you, because no amount of personal effort will make up for that. 

Youre right that they need to improve their matchmaking system but you shouldnt be complaining about being forced to play with a team.

Let's break this down the math for a second: if you run solo, you need 1 key for 1 point.  If 4 people are going, 1 person out of that needs a key, and everyone gets 4 points (usually).  That means solo players are generating just over 1/16 of the points that full groups do, with the same amount of effort.  That is unbelievably BS.

The events are supposed to be a widespread effort and this game is, after all, a team based game.

We have also had other mistakes this time around.  Personal rewards weren't announced at the start of the event, creating a lot of confusion.  The event is scheduled to run for 6 days instead of just a weekend, which will prevent a lot of people with school, jobs, or other commitments from getting into the top 100.  This event comes right on the heels of a double experience weekend (and an event the weekend before that), so a lot of people are already burnt out.  And finally, this event looks like it will be finished significantly ahead of schedule, which once again will screw over players who have been hoarding keys with the intent of doing later runs. 

I agree again. The devs are very sloppy and inexperienced i. general compared to other big (soul-less) companies, but this is open beta and they are (hopefully) always improving. Feedback like this is important but you cant beat them up too much. This is a big undertaking for the size of their team.

I'll just copy/paste this from the other thread I posted it in...

We only have events because the playerbase demands content that they have yet to finish creating.  That's partly why the events appear to be halfassed.  I'd say about 100% of the problem is due to the playerbase being so demanding.  This game is still, very much so, unfinished and still in beta.

Edit: Gaaaah, wtf? why does that happen when you copy/paste?  Just highlight it to read...

Edited by MeteorKing

frankly, the event is longer because there was feedback the previous ones were too quick and people with more busy lives couldn't participate.

Feedback like this is important but you cant beat them up too much. This is a big undertaking for the size of their team.

+25,000?

Gaaaah, wtf? why does that happen when you copy/paste?  Just highlight it to read...

you're using a Chromium based browser i take it, Google dungoofed recently and now copying by default copies formatting. friggin stupid. there's a workaround for this, until Google changes formatting copying to not default copying or something.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/copy-without-formatting/cekbgkmeapobkbadclnkjfjdbpbcaobd

Edited by taiiat

Youre right that they need to improve their matchmaking system but you shouldnt be complaining about being forced to play with a team.

The events are supposed to be a widespread effort and this game is, after all, a team based game.

I don't care if soloing is disadvantaged, but it needs to still be viable.  I had no issue with the Sling-Stone event (which also discouraged soloers), because soloing was still viable unless you wished to get in the top 100.  This is the first event where soloing is simply not viable, even for the basic rewards. 

The irony is that I would love to play with people.  But I can't, because I don't have a good enough connection to host missions, and there is no better internet service where I live.  Not to mention the fact that Warframe has a lot of old and well-documented matchmaking errors (especially in the Void). 

Unfortunately, this event also doesn't emphasize teamwork at all.  Only the host needs a key, and players simply hunt down a succession of targets.  Operation Sling-Stone at least required coordination during the set-up stage (when everyone was deciding which items to bring).  That was the best part of the event. 

I agree again. The devs are very sloppy and inexperienced i. general compared to other big (soul-less) companies, but this is open beta and they are (hopefully) always improving. Feedback like this is important but you cant beat them up too much. This is a big undertaking for the size of their team.

Actually, DE has been around for awhile.  This is just the first time (at least recently) that they've been in charge of their own project, instead of being a hired contractor.  I have high hopes for both DE and Warframe (the game is already very good), but the matchmaking bugs have been present (and constantly complained about) since closed beta.  DE simply should have known better. 

frankly, the event is longer because there was feedback the previous ones were too quick and people with more busy lives couldn't participate.

The only complaints I've seen about event length (other than the Fourth of July weekend one, which was a bad idea to begin with) were about the latest event ending a day early.  Now it looks like we'll be finishing up this event 2 days ahead of time, which is just going to make people even angrier.