Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Onslaught and Focus rewards

Ecliptix

I read that there is a chance for focus rewards from Void Onslaught. Please please please don't do it. Fight the urge to do this. Not sure if I am the only one who shudders at this but it makes me sad.

Focus has had huge changes that make it way easier to max out in a much shorter time. First 250k per day over 100k. Then eidolon Shards. Then the point pool was made universal. Then new eidolons brought more eidolon shards. We do not need more ways to get focus. If we need a way to get focus or a way to help lower people get it just allow us to sell eidolon shards like we sell ayatans.

Make Void Onslaught what it seems like you want to make it. Void Keys reincarnate. A challenging endless mission type that has some real rewards to aim for.

Also since this has replaced dark sectors but is no longer dark sectors and I assume those will get redone again do not make it just clan oriented there are a lot of smaller and solo clans now that you have removed so many reasons for bigger organized clans. Raids are gone, dark sectors are gone. I know a lot of people in solo clans or clans with just a few friends. People dont want to give up their clans they spent time and forma on for a single game mode. Leader boards should be individual not clan based.

These are simply my opinions and I didnt want to wait until onslaught was any closer to being a reality before I said something.

Um, no. How about you don't? Focus is one of the worst and grindiest systems in the game and needs a major overhaul, let alone a few things to even up the immense grind. It takes a normal player with a normal life outside of the game months to max out a single node on a single tree through normal play. Read: not spending their time using unfun cheese methods just to get meaningful progress.

I don't want focus rewards clogging Void Onslaught either. Just don't pretend it wouldn't be helpful to many people.

I'd simply be sad they are putting so much effort into focus and not spreading their focus onto other things. In the videos showing off onslaught they have described it as more of a challenge end game sort of mode and given that it is a form of endless mission we havent had since void keys that seems to be the direction.

Focus is no longer by any means end game and is operator oriented now, seems a bit over kill to be putting focus everywhere. If it was a simple bonus such as convergences are then its irrelevant but as an advertised reward as part of onslaught it seems a bit over the top. If onslaught is truly end game then focus doesnt need to be there it is already in another part they have stated being end game. My question would be why would we need multiple end game areas to earn focus when focus is already quite easy to obtain.

Its not like I am saying I would quit or something lame just saw they said it may have focus rewards and thought that seemed a bit over the top.

I would love to see something where you got to choose your form of basic reward.

Sorta of like Focus vs Credits vs Endo etc but we really already have good places to farm all 3 of those, why not a place to farm something new or something else like rivens or even an alternate way to earn ducats, maybe an alternate way for people to earn arcanes. Although the arcane market outside of maybe 5 arcanes is pretty much completely tanked. Onslaught could even be a great place to have vaulted items. Or possibly lore in onslaught maybe more about the void and the orokin given its their area of sorts.

I dont really need any of this stuff just thought that a different flavor of cheese might be nice.

Edited by Ecliptix